• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Year 8-11 Selective Result Discussion (7 Viewers)

sillyfunnycritter

HSC
sb, penrith girra
nice but just so you know, for penrith, if you want to study ext 1 math you will have to sit an "extension qualifying exam". we all sat it this year
and the head teacher said today that transfers in y11 will also have to. its just trig, poly, logs, quadratics but its super long and u don't get enough time to complete. my mate who's super smart (she came 5th in that exam) missed a whole page. if u get in just be prepared for that that's all i can really tell you

Bastani

HSC
nice but just so you know, for penrith, if you want to study ext 1 math you will have to sit an "extension qualifying exam". we all sat it this year
and the head teacher said today that transfers in y11 will also have to. its just trig, poly, logs, quadratics but its super long and u don't get enough time to complete. my mate who's super smart (she came 5th in that exam) missed a whole page. if u get in just be prepared for that that's all i can really tell you
thanks mate β™₯ β™₯ β™₯ β™₯

KoKoNutz

HSC
what about math x2, do we automatically get in if we get math x1

sillyfunnycritter

HSC
if you are in the class of 2027 disregard this bc you will sit with everyone else in term 2 if u make it in

diddydawdler

HSC
what were your extracurriculars?
mine are pretty mid
i got premiers sporting challenge medal
school sporting blues award
state champion for oztag or whatever
semi finalist for a sydney east basketball thing
src 2023
ssc 2023
distinction icas science and math
DofE silver

stnd08

HSC
Hi Guys, how did you find EDU Test today? Specially the Numerical Reasoning Part, I am talking about Year 7 test for Year 8 entry? I did not have time to do kind of one column so had to guess. The other parts were alright.
Pretty good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)