• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Year 8-11 Selective Result Discussion (11 Viewers)

HSC
Anyone can advise on the process of a school making judgments/ decision?
Student A has 2nd or 3rd choice at a particular school while student B has it as 1st choice. Would that bring student A to some certain disadvantages in the school eyes? Like they will prefer someone who picks their school as the 1st choice?
Also would the recent school you are at be noticed of you applying to other fully selective schools?
I don’t think that student A would be disadvantaged compared to student B if student A has good marks. For me, I got a reserve for my first choice and then got offers for my second and third choices so I don’t think the preference places matter, it’s just about who did the best in terms of the exam, grades, etc.
For your last question, are you asking if your current school will know if you applied for another school? Or if your first, second, third preference schools will know if you applied to other schools?

Dubowewew

HSC
Thank you, if you haven’t gotten anything yet does that mean you weren’t successful? For Penrith year 11?
I don't think so, I haven't got my marks for tech or penrith and some of us haven't got it but my theory is that, the 1st preference school in which you did your marks are transferring the marks to the second and third preference schools thus taking the long time or they are just really checking how worthy we are, cuz I swear it doesn't take 5 weeks for a school to hand out an unsuccessful letter to an individual, but hopefully we make it in

Ddra

HSC
Wait you can? For every school?
Yep I called Penrith and they said they will call me back next week, cause their deputy is on holiday, if you call the school they should pick up if it says open on their website, if they don’t pick up just email them they usually respond within a day or so
The reserve list is open until term 3?
no only till term 2 I’m pretty sure

HSC
Yep I called Penrith and they said they will call me back next week, cause their deputy is on holiday, if you call the school they should pick up if it says open on their website, if they don’t pick up just email them they usually respond within a day or so

no only till term 2 I’m pretty sure
Ohh kk thank you! I think the reserve list might be open on different times for different schools. I should give hornsby a call 😭

athh

HSC
N/A
I don’t think that student A would be disadvantaged compared to student B if student A has good marks. For me, I got a reserve for my first choice and then got offers for my second and third choices so I don’t think the preference places matter, it’s just about who did the best in terms of the exam, grades, etc.
For your last question, are you asking if your current school will know if you applied for another school? Or if your first, second, third preference schools will know if you applied to other schools?
I am asking if current high school knows that I am applying to be transferred to another school, would they be disappointed that I want to be in another school more than current high school? And then later on if student's not successful, would it be judged?

Also thank you for all of replies from everyone.

HSC
I am asking if current high school knows that I am applying to be transferred to another school, would they be disappointed that I want to be in another school more than current high school? And then later on if student's not successful, would it be judged?

Also thank you for all of replies from everyone.
Oh ofc not. Your current highschool won’t know that you applied to transfer to another school and they won’t be disappointed or judge you about the outcome because they won’t know unless you tell them that you are moving.

Dubowewew

HSC
maybe we got it in and penriths just writing sm random information down thus taking the long time orrrrrrrrrrr we cooked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)