Why's that, I see you don't even have any sciences as your subjects

Always

HSC
That's the whole point. They won't be my competition. :p

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
Bookie said:
Well thats because only us nerds use forums.
Yeah, this place scared me, until someone pointed out:
Where do you think all the smart people go to hang out?

And then I was no longer terrified.

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
It seems we wont get our trials back before a week or two into the coming term.

Which is just peachy seeing how as tough nobody will CARE now that our year 12 studies have commenced.

Our school added some metal studs to their marking stick towards the end of the term, they got a lot meaner in the marking.

Always

HSC
Bookie said:
Well thats because only us nerds use forums. Personally though, I wouldnt do science [physics] were it not required by most flying schools.
They require you to do physics?? God...what school do you go to?

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
No requirement for us to do Physics, I did it this year in a class of about 25, managed to get 2nd in it which I was happy about - but I dreaded going to class so much, I dropped it all the same.

Always

HSC
I did it at the beginning oh year 11 for a few weeks before realising I'd made a huge mistake. Also dropped it. :D

Second in physics is pretty damn good...

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
My physics teacher took a lot of convincing. She didn't think I was serious when I wanted to drop it, only because I hadn't really let onto her how much I hate her class .

I needed to drop it to pick up extension english 2, I'm just praying my english and english extension ranks hold up and dont prove me wrong and make me regret dropping the fizz.

P

pLuvia

ScottyG said:
It seems we wont get our trials back before a week or two into the coming term.

Which is just peachy seeing how as tough nobody will CARE now that our year 12 studies have commenced.

Our school added some metal studs to their marking stick towards the end of the term, they got a lot meaner in the marking.
What trials?

P

pLuvia

stella8h8chang said:
OK. I'm over my marks **breathes** here I go. No real idea of ranks though...
Adv English: 96
Ext English: 78 :(
Maths: 97
Ext Maths: 89
Latin: 98
Software: 95
Chemistry: 92
Ah, well done stella :p

Bookie

Banned
HSC
always said:
They require you to do physics?? God...what school do you go to?
I said FLYING SCHOOLS require you to have done Year 12 physics, and a flying school [prob Bankstown] is one I wish to go to straight after Year 12.

I go to Sydney High by the way, they dont require us to do physics, but about 70% of guys do anyway.

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
kadlil said:
What trials?
By trials, I meant yearlies.

lol, didnt even realise I wrote that.

96 for advanced english? Jeseus I want that mark lol.

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
well seems everyone is soo smart who posts on this forum... how do you all do it? or is it jus simply having a study timetable, being able to manage ur time? cuz i've herd it all before... dont you all go to parties or get into relatoinships or hang out with friends? go on camps? participate in extra curricular activies like SRC or the Duke of Edinburgh's award scheme, mock trial, debating... cuz im doin all of this and gettin my gold next yr in may for the DEAS... and my results are average...

so realli how do u all do it? im specifically targeting the "80's" and above students here...

thankz :). I meant no harsh things with what i have written... so dont take it badly

P

pLuvia

Just be consistent with your homework, revision, efficient study :p
Don't be afraid to buy supplementary textbooks to study at home. Study the syllabus, because that's all you will be tested on, understand the content, don't just memorise.

In my opinion, those social activities that are held don't affect your marks at all, although going out can soften the mind from all the work ;)

Do lots of past papers

Read this great tips :)

Good Luck mate ~!

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I dont know. I'm a nerd. I dont study at all, but I still admit to being a nerd. Ido plenty of sport [training afterschool Wednesdays and Fridays and 11am - 7pm of my Staurday gone] plus might be doing weights after school Thursdays.

As for Parties, i'm not a regular invitee, but I dont think one night should affect us so much [I'm keeping my Staurday nights free of study].

Like Kadlil said, I reckon past papers help a lot [I'm no study guy, like I have said, but past papers help].

We're all in the same boat. Good luck buddy.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Did any of you guys get results today??
For me, im expecting all of my results this week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)