yoga & losing weight (1 Viewer)

omgd.

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know any specially good yoga programs/videos? I can find heaps on the internet but its hard to know which are good. I want to use it specifically to lose weight. Something quick and effective.

Thank you :)

ele_92

HSC
i know a few positions
the "abdominal lift" is meant to reduce the waist and tighten the stomach
yoga is good for toning...not so sure about loosing weight
but good luck

emmcyclopedia

HSC
Yoga is excellent for improving flexibility, circulation and concentration.

Depending on the positions and sequences used, it can provide a low-impact way to elevate your heart rate. I am not familiar with many of the sequences, but I do know 'Salute to the Sun' does this quite effectively.

For weight loss, you may want to look into additional aerobic exercise, as yoga alone does not give you enough of a cardio-workout. Yoga-lates is something which I am yet to try, but have heard marvellous things about. As the name suggests, it combines yoga and pilates into one routine.

Local gyms and community centres often run classes such as these, where you can learn the sequences and correct ways of doing them. Once you've learnt these, you can do them yourself without having to rely on a tape. Getting pilates or yoga instruction from a DVD/tape poses the risk of developing incorrect techniques, which may lead to injury or reduced efficacy of the exercise.

omgd.

HSC
N/A
Oh. Thats a bit disappointing. Thing is, i have juvienelle arthritis in like more than 20 joints, and so exercise for me doesn't go down very well because no matter what i do, after about 5minutes my joints begin to ache. So its not very effective and yea because of that i thought yoga would do the trick :(.

I've been eating healthy, but i have a very crappy metabolism. All of year 12 I just ate so that i had energy to study. Now i have all this unwanted weight & just finding it very difficult to lose it. My food portions have dropped to less than half of what it used to be. But im not seeing any improvements....

& i miss food :( lol

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
oh i see, damn.

do you take joint medication and stuff?

also try swimming or doing cario in water, and gradually build yourself up. water means everything slows down, and you're lighter, so hopefully less joint pains :)

bio_nut

HSC
Yes, stuff like water aerobics is also really good for people with joint troubles.

omgd.

HSC
N/A
Joint medication ? I take medication like naprosyn for immflamation and Methotrexate for the pain but yup thats about all.

Ill try some of those suggestions :) Maybe if i stop giving up so quickly itll work :uhoh:

haha.

thanks for the responses :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)