'You do NOT meet the requirements to receive an ATAR this year.' (1 Viewer)

DanS

Born to do better.
HSC
So I log onto Students Online, and go to Enrolment/Results page, and it tells me this...

Your enrolment record indicates:
  • You do NOT meet the requirements to receive an ATAR this year.

My subjects are in my signature. Can I get an ATAR with these... or not?

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
So I log onto Students Online, and go to Enrolment/Results page, and it tells me this...

Your enrolment record indicates:
  • You do NOT meet the requirements to receive an ATAR this year.

My subjects are in my signature. Can I get an ATAR with these... or not?
2 of them are VET courses
I believe you can only do 1 VET course to be eligible? (you will still have 10 units though, even if 2 units are discounted)

but even then, I don't understand why you aren't eligible. Contact UAC or BoS or look up the FAQ. Alternatively, ask your school.

tutorhunt

HSC
N/A
I'm pretty sure VET courses don't give you any scaled marks, so you really only have 8 eligible units. I suggest looking into one of those 3 unit accelerated courses they offer at tafes, or something like that, since you only have 10 months to gain those units. pce

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You should call up board of studies, or whatever they are called now, I think it is BOSTES, to ask them what is going on.

DanS

Born to do better.
HSC
Oh, that's awesome.

Don't worry, I will still win - check my modified sig! :) :) :)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Speak to your school's principal.

I believe they have a certain amount in responsibility in ensuring your eligibility for an ATAR.

DanS

Born to do better.
HSC
Speak to your school's principal.

I believe they have a certain amount in responsibility in ensuring your eligibility for an ATAR.
Yes, now that I have recovered from the shock of the news, I am pretty sure that BOS have got it wrong.

To be eligible to receive an ATAR, the requirement is that 'your course selection must include at least six units of Board Developed Courses, two of which must be English; three courses of two units or greater; and four subjects.'

I fill all of these requirements as far as I can see. Also, in relation to VET courses, the NSW Students online states 'VET courses contribute towards your HSC and Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) VET credentials, recognised by industry and employers throughout Australia. Some of the Board Developed VET courses have an optional HSC exam so, if you choose to sit the exam, your results can also count towards your ATAR.' I do two VET courses, but only one has to count towards my ATAR, and the other one should have no influence over my ATAR at all.

But if anyone knows/thinks differently, please comment... Although not getting an ATAR isn't the end of the world - I'm not going to University, just want it as an indication of my performance against the state - I would like to get it if possible!!

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, now that I have recovered from the shock of the news, I am pretty sure that BOS have got it wrong.

To be eligible to receive an ATAR, the requirement is that 'your course selection must include at least six units of Board Developed Courses, two of which must be English; three courses of two units or greater; and four subjects.'

I fill all of these requirements as far as I can see. Also, in relation to VET courses, the NSW Students online states 'VET courses contribute towards your HSC and Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) VET credentials, recognised by industry and employers throughout Australia. Some of the Board Developed VET courses have an optional HSC exam so, if you choose to sit the exam, your results can also count towards your ATAR.' I do two VET courses, but only one has to count towards my ATAR, and the other one should have no influence over my ATAR at all.

But if anyone knows/thinks differently, please comment... Although not getting an ATAR isn't the end of the world - I'm not going to University, just want it as an indication of my performance against the state - I would like to get it if possible!!
If you are not going to university, what are you planning to do after completing year 12?

DanS

Born to do better.
HSC
If you are not going to university, what are you planning to do after completing year 12?
Work... I guess that is slightly different to what everyone else normally does! However, I will be doing at least two years of post-graduate courses whilst at work.

DanS

Born to do better.
HSC
Ok, its all sorted now! I contacted BOS, and they said that the courses listed there are my 2013 preliminary courses, and my school has not yet entered in my HSC course details. So, when they do that, it should say that I am eligible for an ATAR!

But I still want that All Rounders as well... :)

HSC
Ok, its all sorted now! I contacted BOS, and they said that the courses listed there are my 2013 preliminary courses, and my school has not yet entered in my HSC course details. So, when they do that, it should say that I am eligible for an ATAR!

But I still want that All Rounders as well... :)
I had the same thing with 2 of my subjects, went and saw my school principal and everything got sorted out. What happens is that they apparently have different "course codes" for each year and its easy for them to get mixed up. Just make sure you get everything in by March/April, I'm pretty sure that's the deadline and after that its too late.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)