You *know* you're a chemistry nerd when... (1 Viewer)

ishq

brown?
HSC
lol!!!

-You read the back of hand creams and shampoo bottle and understand all the IUPAC shit.
-You read an article on lithium batteries in the paper and actuallu understand the jargon (and ur mum shakes her head sadly)
-You try to explain the equilibrium process to your younger sister as she opens a bottle of coke. She runs away.

You = me. :D *sigh*

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
  • When you drive past Lucas Heights and you stare out the window in awe, thinking "this is the location of Australia's only nuclear reactor"...
  • When you're watering the lawn and the water's coming out in a negative parabolic shape, and you're thinking about projectile motion.
*raises hand* That would be me.

Oops, chemistry nerd. :p Sorry!

Adding to my list:
  • You're using moisturiser and you're checking the ingredients to see if an ester is present.
  • You see smoke coming out from the exhaust pipe of a truck and you automatically form the equation for incomplete combustion in your head.
  • You prefer alkaline batteries over zinc-carbon and you know exactly why.

Last edited:
It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
- When u play "name this molecule' for fun. (it's great when u make one out of a chemistry model kit that is shaped like a dog or a robot)
- You get upset at people who burn candles because the flame is nice and yellow (think of all that incomplete combustion!)

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
Spending you're shatterday night on the chemistry forum... lol.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
When you find yourself reading the chemistry textbook when you're bored.

thunderdax

I AM JESUS LOL!
HSC
when you tell all your friends at a party that the liquids they're drinking would be much better used as an alternative fuel.

muselara

Melb Uni
HSC
when you can't just take in the sheer beauty of a ship...
...instead you think of how it's beauty is retained by the use of sacrificial anodes.

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
When you friends argue back and you can list hundreds of reasons why and how;
a) The stuff they're drinking is bad for them
b) It would indeed make a better alternative fuel source
c) You would go through a fermentation process using yeast

When you drive past Newcaslte Harbour and identify what the ships are likely to be leaking into the water

You see the signs "Deformation due to Mine Subsidence" and the "When you see a hole, don't think you're a mole" ads on TV and immediatly think of the effects the burning of the mined fossil fuels have on the environment, you list better fuel sources in you head and compse equations for combustion

You go past the old sulfide works on the train and compose a list of all the waste products that leaked into the soil, air and water when it was still used as a lead smelter.

You watch crime shows and know that the techniques they are using to gather evidence are wrong. And that Luminol, the substance used to make blood show up, will kill you in the large amounts these shows use it in.

Last edited:

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
There's a random person on the train with a giant mole on his face.

Instantly, your mind jumps to Avogadro's constant.

Damn, this thread's full of nerds. :p

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
Emma-Jayde said:
You go to a party and someone has written the structural formula for ethanol on a jug of drink.
Everyone at the party understands what it means.
whens did this occur??
also plz teach me mathematics extension 1
id like to pass...so i dont fail all my tests since the prelim course started
it wont count of course but i'd like to have some dignity :/

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Emma-Jayde said:
lol, and also when you hear the word mole, in reference to the little furry creatures, you think Avogadro's constant!

Yes, it is quite full of nerds. Lol. :rolleyes: :p
Having Cameron in my av is making me feel 103 times more intelligent. Look at her, she's just screaming "I'm full of brains!".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)