You KNOW you're an economics nerd when.. (1 Viewer)

BackCountrySnow

HSC
  • You're the only one who doesn't cheer when the aussie dollar creeps up against the $US
  • you laugh when people fail to understand why an interest rate rise is nessassary as they cry out stupid things like 'god, the RB is sooo greedy!!'
  • you actually read parts other than the sports section in the papper.
enjoy =]

williamc

HSC
-You read an economics book before you go to sleep.

BackCountrySnow said:
  • You're the only one who doesn't cheer when the aussie dollar creeps up against the $US
enjoy =]
we mainly import (ETM's) from the US, so an appreciation of the aussie dollar against the US dollar is good.

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
just really misinformed...
I wouldn't call someone misinformed just because they don't do economics. Out of all my subjects though, economics is probably the most useful and applicable to the real world.

izzah1

HSC
<3 economics, most useful subject @ school.

conics2008

HSC
ppssst economics is really useful, but its so gay. I like economics but never can get a 90+ in it only 75-85 =( soo uncool, but its a cool subject, many idiots in australia dont even know why intrest rate rise, they dont even know how to take advantage of low AUS dollor or High AUS dollor, I know. Do you ?

BackCountrySnow

HSC
conics2008 said:
ppssst economics is really useful, but its so gay. I like economics but never can get a 90+ in it only 75-85 =( soo uncool, but its a cool subject, many idiots in australia dont even know why intrest rate rise, they dont even know how to take advantage of low AUS dollor or High AUS dollor, I know. Do you ?
yeah, and if everyone did economics there would like a lot less 'HOMGZZZ moar tacks cahts 4 da wins'

williamc

HSC
-The only lectures you sometimes attend are economics ones.

conics2008 said:
hahahahahahaha

fuck man, you are an economics god.

Last edited:

Conspiracy?

Banned
HSC
N/A
conics2008 said:
many idiots in australia dont even know why intrest rate rise
Or even for that matter, who does it. I swear half the Australian population think the Australian Government is solely responsible for a rise in interest rates.

HELLO, ever heard of the RBA you ignorant morons? "Oh Mr Howard you put interest rates up, you don't care about the minimum wage earners, we won't vote for you". Naive fuckers.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
  • you get hard thinking about Ross Gittens.
Conspiracy? said:
Or even for that matter, who does it. I swear half the Australian population think the Australian Government is solely responsible for a rise in interest rates.

HELLO, ever heard of the RBA you ignorant morons? "Oh Mr Howard you put interest rates up, you don't care about the minimum wage earners, we won't vote for you". Naive fuckers.
lol, nah the naive fuckers were the ones who wanted to re-elect howard :p.

munchiecrunchie

HSC
  • When you start analysing your diminished spending on muffins due to that price rise as elastic demand
  • When all dinner table conversations seem to link back to Economics
  • When you get really angry at John Howard for taking credit for the benefits of microeconomic reform (which he didn't even implement!)
  • When you tell your friends to stop spending as they are contributing to inflationary pressures.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
munchiecrunchie said:
  • When you start analysing your diminished spending on muffins due to that price rise as elastic demand
haha, how about. When you realize that alcohol price rises would do so little to demand that you conclude that it is almost perfectly inelastic.

Australians are a bunch of alcos...

and props to the gov't for taxing grog so heavily. government revenue ftw.

ps. you eat muffins??

EDIT: what i've just said is false, people would shift to drinking goon.

Smeegen999

HSC
... when at your part-time job you secretly look down on people who charge items on credit rather than savings.

michael1990

HSC
Smeegen999 said:
... when at your part-time job you secretly look down on people who charge items on credit rather than savings.
HA HA HA.

Not when they have the Black American Express card like my mother.
I look up and say, you are mega rich :)

Marry me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)