Young Leader's Poll (1 Viewer)

What is the main factor hindering young leaders' progress and success??

• Attitudes of other

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Money and Funding

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Tima available

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Location (ie. rurual, urban)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other young leaders

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Tall poppies... hence attitudes of others.

steffo

steph
HSC
fleepbasding said:
sorry, but are young leaders those people that we vote for to be our school captains and stuff? Or is it something else?
student representative council members, both in school, regional, and state levels, school captains, just young people who are having their say in the community/region/state/etcetc!

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Gavrillo said:
Snooty basterds, hate the lot of them.
Exactly, absolute agreement.

There isn't a "their own careerism" option in your poll- as in half the time they just want to get it for their pathetic little regumes (bad spelling).

Anyway, they suck and at my school, have no political power.

steffo

steph
HSC
fleepbasding said:
Exactly, absolute agreement.

There isn't a "their own careerism" option in your poll- as in half the time they just want to get it for their pathetic little regumes (bad spelling).

Anyway, they suck and at my school, have no political power.

so it is the fact that they don't care about it and are only doing it for their own benefit?
good point dude. i hadn't considered that.

firehose

HSC
Yep, Don't really care and Doing it for their own benefit, that's the two main motives for bothering to attempt school "leadership" positions

Edit: plus something to put in their CV

steffo

steph
HSC
firehose said:
Yep, Don't really care and Doing it for their own benefit, that's the two main motives for bothering to attempt school "leadership" positions

Edit: plus something to put in their CV
does it annoy you that you aren't getting your voice heard then? do you have any urge to step up and be an actual leader, or be a voice for other people? or does it just make you really pissed off and bitter about all student leaders?

steffo

steph
HSC
Tulipa said:
i vote "their own arrogance and failure to see the big picture."

can you give an example? are you in/were you in private or public sector?
what is the big picture?

steffo

steph
HSC
Tulipa said:
oh god i knew i'd be questioned for that...

i'm in a private school where there is little being done at all in terms of leadership. it's the lack of knowing what the school needs/wants that's holding them back. they're self-serving leaders, glad to be in place because of how good it will look on a CV, doing the "same old" things every leadership team has done at our school and letting our administration run things without question.

"the big picture" as i put it is what the rest of our year/school would like them to do and what they can do. they don't see what they can do, only what they want to do.
that's a really really common problem, which is especially difficult to overcome in private schools i think. being in a public school has allowed my leadership people to have access and connections to some really keen and motivated leaders all over the state. i think it's the disconnection from reality at so many levels within private schools that causes this. i'm not trying to diss you for this either, hope u dont think that.
you made very good points, real ones, which you should take to your school. you seem smart, and leaders need to be smart and passionate for what they're doing.
it seems your leaders dont give a crap about anything important- ie achieving goals of the people they're representing.
it is sad. but true.
thanks for your comments. (u should put some pressure on them when u go back to school. get some people who care about the stuff u care about).

steffo

steph
HSC
Tulipa said:
if you want an interesting perspective on leadership in private schools talk to someone from Kings. Read some annual report from them the other day and all they could talk about was leadership. Not exactly sure what you're doing this for but they could give some interesting information for whatever.
thanks. do you know anyone from Kings i could talk to?
this is for society and culture. I'm doing a study on the effectiveness of student leaders. i haven't looked too far into the private sector and i know how different their approach is.
leadership is the ultimate buzz word for schools anyway. they can say 'leadership' and mean 'power, money and upper-classiness'. or just staying at the top of the food chain. it means different things to different groups.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)