Your gf has a "guy best friend"... wake up... (1 Viewer)

W

wickid

I had a gf that had a "best friend". We were going out 4 bout 16 months n d last 6 months of it was wen it really sparked up! Actually, it started with them wanting to go to the movies together (alone) wanting to see a scary movie "as friends".....hmmmmm....yeh right. Anyway, cutting down a really long and juicy story, i ended up breaking up with her and a month later, she was going out with the "best friend".

That's just my experience although afterwards i was told there's no such thing as your gf having a best friend, which couldve been useful before the relationship but eh, now i've learnt, NO SUCH THING!

I've pretty much made up my mind but still open for discusison..... is ther such a thing? i say guys, if ur gf has a male "best friend" wake up!

0Jade0

HSC
That is such BS. Just because your ex cheated on you with her best friend doesn't mean all girls will.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yes it does! Obviously if 1=true, then *=true. :rolleyes:

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Not necessarily. Ok, so maybe you had some bad luck recently, and if your ex cheated on you then that's pretty low. But girls and guys can be JUST friends.

My best friend is a male...and he has a girlfriend, and she's not intimitaded or worried at all. She knows he loves her. She trusts her boyfriend and she trusts me.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Your boyfriend/girlfriend should be your best friend of the opposite sex.

W

wickid

yeh maybe i did just get a bad apple but see he was there just go complain to and what have you but then thats how it all started.... eventually they just started calling each other because they could....
And besides, from people that i've spoken to, it seems more common than some people may make out to be. I mean i've got a best friend that's a girl, in fact, ive pretty much grown up with her, but i dont have the need to call her or go meet up with her often or anything like that. I might be over cautious when it comes to this now but shouldn't we all? I guess the common excuse is, ' i didn't mean for it to happen, i didn't plan to like him/her'. So why be unprepared for it? I'm not saying don't trust your gf but don't underestimate the closeness within the relationship of her and her best friend.

Last edited by a moderator:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
awww poor bloke, i feel for you

yeah if your girl and ger "best friend" start seeing each other all the time, calling each other, i would start suspecting something.

Skeeta

HSC
my best mates are guys also and my b/f doesnt give a stuff. My b/f had a best mate who was a girl.. but she was an ex/floozy, so you can see how i obviously wasnt thrilled with that - but i dont have any problems with any of his other girl mates

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
My three best friends are all female. One of them is my ex, another I had a crush on at one stage, and the other works casually as a model. Despite this, I don't actually feel anything towards any of them, and funnily enough we don't get into massive orgies in the park.

gabbypoo

HSC
grk_styl said:
Not necessarily. Ok, so maybe you had some bad luck recently, and if your ex cheated on you then that's pretty low. But girls and guys can be JUST friends.

My best friend is a male...and he has a girlfriend, and she's not intimitaded or worried at all. She knows he loves her. She trusts her boyfriend and she trusts me.
i agree with this one. my best mate is a male and he has a gf whom he loves dearly. ok i can see where you are coming but girls and guys can be friends and after all it is the 21st century. so what you loved and lost, what you need to do is move on and stop venting your anger through other people who appreciate these r/ships with members of the opposite sex.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
yeah im sorry to say it, but id have to say you just got a "bad apple", for lack of a better term.
all of my best mates are rather good looking girls, and my girlfriend isnt threatened at all.. i think in the end it boils down to a few things
  • the guy
  • the girl
  • the friends
  • and how strong you feel your relationship is with your bf/gf

better luck next time mate

King Tut

HSC
N/A
I'm going to have to agree with gabby and sizmos. Sorry you had to learn the hard way but everyone has a bad experience once in a while. I've got a girl for a best friend whom i've grown up with as well and i've also got a gf. They get along pretty well and my gf doesn't seem to mind.

It was just a bump in the road, don't worry about it.

SweetSeasons

HSC
I think part of the reason my ex dumped me is because I was spending time with one of my best guy friends.. but if my ex had of made the effort to come n fucking see me or let me go and see him then I wouldn't of had 2 find other ppl 2 hang out with...

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
the way i see it
if my gf has a problem with me being so close with my girl-friends, then she would confront me about it.. if she doesnt say anything, then she doesnt have a problem.

my gf doesnt get along with one of them, but that doesnt change anything. i can still go out with just that girl-friend and not have the gf think anything of it...

like i said, all boils down to the people involved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)