Your Motivators (1 Viewer)

Essay Questions

HSC
Seeing as I have no clue what about what I want to do at uni, just getting a high enough ATAR to give me ample choice.

raggiedoll

Scumbag
HSC
To get back at teachers who treated me like a dumb bitch when I was younger + get into my desired course (+ beat all my brothers and sisters haha)

DLMisme

HSC
Personal satisfaction, I'm definitely a perfectionist. And also to get back at all the smart-asses who treated me like I was so dumb and below them throughout school.

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
I find i always get a good boost of motivation if i go through and read about Uni and shit, because that's what were working for anyways. That boost usually only lasts a night.

I also fucking hate my chem teacher, so much so i thought it'd make me motivated to get good marks, but now ive just lost complete interest in the subject

jdennis

HSC
Motivation is something I've struggled with for a while but I seem to focus on these things when I need motivation:
1. Getting a high enough ATAR to get into whatever course I want to do
2. Thinking about my gap year (current plan is work then travel!!!!!)
3. Doing the best I possibly can. I don't want to finish and then think 'well I could have done better'. I don't want any regrets I guess!
4. That feeling when I walk out of my last HSC exam and say FUCK YOU school!

It has become easier to be motivated as the time to go decreases. Now that I am in my final year it seems easier because there really isn't long left when you think about it.

Triage

HSC
N/A
My motivation is I've got nothing better to do. If you do nothing that interesting besides sit around watching movies on the internet then you may as well give a high atar a crack.

phoenix1

HSC
N/A
Since I'm aiming for a university interstate, and I want to do that course and go there badly, that has since become my ultimate motivation. As I know that every time I study, I'll get there. Whereas if I don't work hard, I'll be unable to get there and get trapped in Sydney. Boohoo :'(

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I find i always get a good boost of motivation if i go through and read about Uni and shit, because that's what were working for anyways. That boost usually only lasts a night.

I also fucking hate my chem teacher, so much so i thought it'd make me motivated to get good marks, but now ive just lost complete interest in the subject
Don't give up on the subject yet-if you have questions on chemistry, you are more than welcome to pm me:) Best wishes for this year:)

My motivation was quite simple-to be the best that I can be and to conclude my HSC year with absolutely no regrets. The other main factors that motivated me was to seek a result that my teachers, parents, peers and most importantly, myself can be proud of, not because of what the marks are, or the 4 digit ATAR number, but rather proud of the fact that I've given my 100% effort in every single assessment task, every single holiday and every single opportunity to improve my understanding, to advance my results and to never give up under the most adverse and unfavourable circumstances.

To everyone: make sure you find an intrinsic source of motivation-one that is not built upon your parents/friends/teacher's expectations of you and you try your absolute best to achieve your personal best in your HSC-best wishes for everyone to blitz their HSC year-remember, never lose hope!

Last edited:

d-alarmclock

HSC
Honestly, I've created a few to cover everything.

To satisfy my parents. I'm the oldest child out of 5, and my dad has spent a hell of a lot of money and time on getting me to where I am. It would be inconsiderate and shit of me to repay him with a crappy atar and a laborious job. He's a dedicated father who has shaped me to who I am now, and I'm happy where I stand.

To prove my friends wrong. Recently, the new joke in my group is that I'm the one who puts no effort into anything anymore. From once upon a time, when they used to come to me for help and study tips, they joke about my habits now. I will prove them wrong, show them I never (tried to) slack off (too much).

To set an example. As you read before, big family. I have very high expectation set on me, and I want to blow them to pieces. I want my siblings to follow.

To not me embarrassed. My parents boast about me a lot to their friends, siblings. I was great during primary school. I want to keep that going and not be shamed by a crappy mark.

To prove to myself that I'm a champion. Honestly, I've taken up so much extra-curricular this year. I know what you're all thinking "Year 12 YOU HAVE TO STUDY! FORGET ABOUT TRYING TO HAVE A LIFE, THERE'S NO TIME FOR IT!!!". Well I want to prove to everyone that you can literally do everything. Me, right now, I have tutoring 5 days a week - around 3 hours. On top of that, I play soccer and referee it as well. So my week is full. If I finish this year with near my ATAR goal, no one can ever say again that everything's too hard. It'll prove to everyone that the HSC isn't that full on.

Yeah, I know. Wow.

dunjaaa

HSC
Biggest motivators:
Parents - The ultimate struggles and hardships encompassing their journey to Australia but most importantly the countless sacrifices they made for me to acquire the best education and upbringing despite economic circumstances. By achieving a high ATAR is my form of repaying them I guess.
Honour and Pride: As an asian, and the eldest of the family, the burden rests on your shoulders to set the benchmark for your siblings. You are always compared to your relatives and I guess if you don't perform, you get the classification of the "bad egg" haha.
I HATE LOSING! - Yes, it runs throughout the family. We are all extremely competent at everything we do and for me personally, I can't stand when someone beats you and boasts in front of you. I get really pissed off and I guess that sparks me to try extremely hard.
Personal Attainment and Satisfaction: Achieving a high ATAR has always been my goal since a young kid. Seeing parents blabber about people attaining 99+ ATAR has been ingrained within my head overtime and is something I want to achieve myself :)

phoenix1

HSC
N/A
Biggest motivators:
Parents - The ultimate struggles and hardships encompassing their journey to Australia but most importantly the countless sacrifices they made for me to acquire the best education and upbringing despite economic circumstances. By achieving a high ATAR is my form of repaying them I guess.
Honour and Pride: As an asian, and the eldest of the family, the burden rests on your shoulders to set the benchmark for your siblings. You are always compared to your relatives and I guess if you don't perform, you get the classification of the "bad egg" haha.
I HATE LOSING! - Yes, it runs throughout the family. We are all extremely competent at everything we do and for me personally, I can't stand when someone beats you and boasts in front of you. I get really pissed off and I guess that sparks me to try extremely hard.
Personal Attainment and Satisfaction: Achieving a high ATAR has always been my goal since a young kid. Seeing parents blabber about people attaining 99+ ATAR has been ingrained within my head overtime and is something I want to achieve myself :)
This as well +100000

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Dachsy

HSC
N/A
Didn't have any solid motivation during HSC
Now that HSC is over --- still don't have a tangible idea of what course preference(s) to choose s:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)