your opinions on experimenting with drugs.. while on schoolies? (1 Viewer)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
Thankkkkk you.
Me drinking a bottle of cough syrup a day is far worse than me dropping acid once a month. Me taking prescription morphine sulfate is far more addictive and in large doses dangerous than a tab of acid every so often.

The only junkies apart from a handful of smack addicts I've ever met get their stash from the chemist.
lol, woo for dxm

and to the above post, wtf? you would do coke over pills? thats odd

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
tahlsy31191 said:
Yes people abuse them thats why you have to go to the doctor to get a perscription and they have a certain amount of days you are able to take them etc.

Screw up your lives, I don't care.
egh... look, even if a doctor gives it to you, it is no better then many illegal drugs.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
tahlsy31191 said:
Uhuh and thats the kind of attitude that I am sure all people who started off with a drug problem had. Its better than to be safe then sorry. Thats all I am saying.

I have had friends who have done E and one of them almost died. From what I hear it is not worth it, the hang over affect for days afterwards is hell.

The facts and statistics are there. It is not good for you.
Like I said, the majority of subtance abusers I know are using legal, prescribed drugs. I do NOT condone dependency or addiction to any substance regardless of its legal classification.

E is a sticky one, because so much of it generally actually -isnt- MDMA. Up north here, alot of the time its cut with PMA which is highly toxic. Pure MDMA in moderation is still pretty iffy to me, and Id chose acid over it any day.

Facts and statistics I will agree on. A dependency, abuse and addiction to illicit subtances is bad. Duh.
Moderate experimentation in controlled situations by educated and sensible individuals is a legitimate learning and creative experience.

I mean, its not like im going to get to 40 and still drop. Thatd just retarded.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
-may-cat- said:
egh... look, even if a doctor gives it to you, it is no better then many illegal drugs.
That, and junkies are skilled at finding ways to access more.

"I lost my prescription"

"Oh, the pain is worse"

Back pain is a great excuse for moar.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
trento654 said:
i'd smoke weed and do coke at schoolies is i get the opportunity, not excessively but just the right amount

no way with pills though, dunno what's in that shit,

but then again anyone can give u anything and say it's a drug, u could be snorting talcom powder or smoking a cut up leaf and think aw fuck yeh this is good shit if your not exerienced
Also, agree with May.
Particularly when you wont know who you're getting the coke from most likely.
Itll probably be weak and dirty. Thats best case scenario.

HSC
tahlsy31191 said:
How whole life we have been shown that drugs are not ok. They wouldn't be illegal if they were good for you. Ignorance is not bliss. What if you try them and then you can't find a feeling to bet that feeling and you are turned back to them. Thats what usually happens.

Just your common sense and reflect on the knowledge from crossroads and 7-10 PDHPE. If you do take them, be with a friend and be careful who you get them from.
Dumb bogan that sucks the government's dick detected.

EDIT: Lol PDHPE in the HSC, future PE teacher detected.

tahlsy31191

HSC
youBROKEmyLIFE said:
Dumb bogan that sucks the government's dick detected.

EDIT: Lol PDHPE in the HSC, future PE teacher detected.
Haha. Actually no. Actually I want to be in politics. The government is there to protect us, like it or not. Its funny how people don't respect other peoples opinions. Thats my life choice and you don't get to place judgement on that. You don't even know me. So keep your remarks to yourself.

Dis Amrahs

HSC
Saying that certain drugs are illegal for the simple reason that they are harmful is total dogs bollocks of an argument. MJ is neither as addictive nor as harmful (as an occasional substance) as say cigarettes. So Why are cigarettes legal (not hating on smokers) ? Drugs are just given a bad stigma because of the whole moral self righetousness of people that are too afraid of the (more often than not) liberalism of people who take them. Grow up don't be naive. People can be educated, fully functioning members of society and still experiment with substances as long as they are rational and controlled. Its your judgement if you feel that they arent for you, but think twice and try and step over latent, inculcated morals.

one8two

HSC
I would be highly suprised if I did anything up at byron.

groovydude

HSC
are you guys listening to yourselves you ignorant ass****?

cannabis/MJ is an inhibitory drug(for those of u who actually study the science behind the drugs), and they block our nerves from sending messages to our brain -> i.e. thats why u feel relaxed, drowsy whatever. To say that they are 'not as harmful' as cigarettes is bullocks. Do your research

Don't start on drugs at schoolies!

Dis Amrahs

HSC
inhibitory drug doesnt mean you lose your conscience mate. You won't so much lose your rational self.. You will be subdued yes, but you will be conscious. And alcohol is none the different infact, I've never experienced anybody be aggressive or violent under the influence of marijuana. I was just pointing out the contradiction in the argument. Don't call me an arsehole.

radioheaded

HSC
tahlsy31191 said:
Uhuh and thats the kind of attitude that I am sure all people who started off with a drug problem had. Its better than to be safe then sorry. Thats all I am saying.

I have had friends who have done E and one of them almost died. From what I hear it is not worth it, the hang over affect for days afterwards is hell.

The facts and statistics are there. It is not good for you.
Of course it's not good for you, you idiot. Do you think drug-takers are idiots? It seems that many arguing vehemently against drug usage eat fat saturated foods, drink numerous bacardi breezers, do far too little exercise and smoke cigarettes. From what I hear, emphesema's not particularly pleasant. The facts and statistics are there. Morbid obesity, liver problems and alcohol poisoning are not really that good for you either.

Truth is, these lifestyle choices contribute far more to morbidity than illegal drugs ever have, and possibly could. What I can't stand is those people who rage against drug-taking, yet get ridiculously intoxicated every single weekend. In my opinion that's far more stupid, dangerous and frankly imbicilic than informed, responsible recreational drug usage.

For the record, I have taken a large amount of both illegal and legal drugs, everything from bud to E, ketamine, coke, lsd, ice and opiates. And no, I am not a complete waster, a cliched caricature of the evils of drugs, and in fact have a 95+ projected uai.

For those intending on experimenting during schoolies, just be aware that with every pill you pop or line you snort, you must consider the potentially fatal outcome, however unlikely that is. If you can't, or don't want to risk damages, drugs aren't for you. Simple as that. Also, never mix alcohol with illegal drugs. 90% of drug overdoses involve alcohol.

For me, my drug usage is obviously for pleasure, but also for the confrontation of my own mortality. With every drug, trip or high, you have to acknowledge that you might not come back, and take every precaution to minimise the risk involved.

Stay safe.

knots&crosses

HSC
Dis Amrahs said:
Saying that certain drugs are illegal for the simple reason that they are harmful is total dogs bollocks of an argument. MJ is neither as addictive nor as harmful (as an occasional substance) as say cigarettes. So Why are cigarettes legal (not hating on smokers) ? Drugs are just given a bad stigma because of the whole moral self righetousness of people that are too afraid of the (more often than not) liberalism of people who take them. Grow up don't be naive. People can be educated, fully functioning members of society and still experiment with substances as long as they are rational and controlled. Its your judgement if you feel that they arent for you, but think twice and try and step over latent, inculcated morals.
As i read on, i become more and more disturbed. wth? liberal people? Thats not it at all. Why do people keep using the cigarettes debate when talking about drugs?? My opinion---> you will have fun wihtout use of drugs. You will probably feel better in the future---> schoolies is not the place to "experiment", play it safe. Drink a little, do whatever. It is just proven that drugs, even in small controlled doses, taken by sane, educated people is bad. You will not be yourself and dont know what you will get into.

For those intending on experimenting during schoolies, just be aware that with every pill you pop or line you snort, you must consider the potentially fatal outcome, however unlikely that is. If you can't, or don't want to risk damages, drugs aren't for you. Simple as that. Also, never mix alcohol with illegal drugs. 90% of drug overdoses involve alcohol.

For me, my drug usage is obviously for pleasure, but also for the confrontation of my own mortality. With every drug, trip or high, you have to acknowledge that you might not come back, and take every precaution to minimise the risk involved. .
totally contradicting yourself, wth? "have the knowlege that you will not come back" "confrontation of mortality" what kind of pathetic reason for drug use is that? You have said that drugs are a risk, and still you basically advertise your usage. 95+ UAI is no way to justify it. I dont mean to be negative but you cant experiment with your lives. People experienced with drugs have died, people educated about drugs have died, people not addicted to drugs have died and first time drug users have died. Schoolies basically triples the chance of something going wrong. You never know what your bodies ability to absorb the drug is. You dont know where its made, who made it.

after a few weeks nobodys going to think your cool. If your parents find out, you may lose their trust. Its just not worth it. Please for your own safety I urge you to keep safe, have sober fun. It is damn possible and if you dont think that you can enjoy your time with friends and beautiful Queensland weather then no offence, but it would be sad that you need to turn to drugs.

Please keep safe. I dont want to hear any bad news from schoolies this year, esp. cos the class of '08 rocks!!!

MadamGuilia

HSC
Dis Amrahs said:
Well i mean, have you ever tried or is it a moral judgement? Personally i enjoy the feeling and i dont use them too often. I'm going to die someday anyway so i dont mind doing my body a bit of damage now and then. 'The point of life is to hurl yourself at the grave with a body that can take no more.'
Yes I have tried drugs and they aren't worth it.. It's a bit of an ignorant decision to do them if you know their harm hehe. Trust me, I know people with the same mindset but it isn't worth it, we can have real adventures and 'fun'/satisfaction without them, I've experienced the feeling of happiness that is formed from friendships, not based on drugs and adventures not based on trips - trust me, when you're 80 (or whatever age you might envision haha), do you want to sit back and go, 'wow I was an idiot', or 'yeah I really used my life and had great experiences'.. (and I mean a matured idea of great experiences). Take from it what you will dearies, I'm not here to judge. This is my personal opinion, from my own experience - and I'm simply expressing concern and the fact that drugs are too easy and I say 'GO NATURAL' WOOOOOO!!! Nature is fantastic. :D

Last edited:

radioheaded

HSC
knots&crosses said:
It is just proven that drugs, even in small controlled doses, taken by sane, educated people is bad. You will not be yourself and dont know what you will get into.

totally contradicting yourself, wth? "have the knowlege that you may not come back" "confrontation of mortality" what kind of pathetic reason for drug use is that? You have said that drugs are a risk, and still you basically advertise your usage. 95+ UAI is no way to justify it. I dont mean to be negative but you cant experiment with your lives. People experienced with drugs have died, people educated about drugs have died, people not addicted to drugs have died and first time drug users have died. Schoolies basically triples the chance of something going wrong. You never know what your bodies ability to absorb the drug is. You dont know where its made, who made it.

after a few weeks nobodys going to think your cool. If your parents find out, you may lose their trust. Its just not worth it. Please for your own safety I urge you to keep safe, have sober fun. It is damn possible and if you dont think that you can enjoy your time with friends and beautiful Queensland weather then no offence, but it would be sad that you need to turn to drugs.
That was my point - you will not be yourself and will not know what you will get into. My post was meant to emphasise the inherent risk in any form of drug taking, whether it be 5 coffee's a day, cigarettes or lsd, everything comes with it's own risk. My personal reasoning for recreational usage has quite frankly nothing to do to you and was merely intended as a demonstration of how one can intelligently experiment, in a safe surrounding, with known substances, and great understanding of the risk involved.

And for experimenting with my life, I am in no way suicidal and do not take unnecessary risks whatsoever. As far as I'm aware though, there is nothing in the world a man has a more incontestable right to, than his own life and being. So pull your head in, you have no idea what you're talking about. What educated adults choose to put into their bodies is entirely up to them. However what really gets to me is ignorant uninformed decisions, with no consideration of risk or prior research. I was purely attempting to inform those intending to experiment during schoolies - like you I do not want to hear of any overdoses whatsoever.

"You never know what your bodies ability to absorb the drug is. You dont know where its made, who made it."

I was also trying to emphasise this - too often drug overdoses occur purely due to stupidity, people take way too much on their first time, friends wait hours to call 000. Of course you never know where it's made or who exactly made it, but this is why you use your INTELLIGENCE and do not go quaffing 5 pills from a friend of a friend who says they're bludy awesum. It's not that hard. Some people are just fucking retarded, and to be honest it's some people's stupidity that kills them, not drugs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)