Your standards (1 Viewer)

elisabeth

HSC
Was just talking about this with some friends... what UAI do you personally, for yourself, feel is acceptable? (Not what you think you'll get or want). You can even split it into these categories:

You'll die of shame if you get under... xx.xx
You won't tell anyone what you got if you get less than.... xx.xx
You will be satisfied with over... xx.xx
You'll be bloody estatic with over... xx.xx

scoby_2000

HSC
You'll die of shame if you get under... 70
You won't tell anyone what you got if you get less than.... 80
You will be satisfied with over... 76
You'll be bloody estatic with over... 83

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
You'll die of shame if you get under... 85
You won't tell anyone what you got if you get less than.... 90
You will be satisfied with over... 95
You'll be bloody estatic with over... 95

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
I'll die of shame if you get under... 80
I won't tell anyone what you got if you get less than.... 83
I will be satisfied with over... 86
I'll be bloody estatic with over... 90

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
I will dishonour my family and have to commit seppuku if I get under 100 and don't qualify for a B.Med (Hons)/B.Laws (Hons) @ USYD.

Actually,

I'll die of shame if you get under... 90
I won't tell anyone what you got if you get less than.... 90
I will be satisfied with over... 95
I'll be bloody estatic with over... 97

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
(1)I'll die of shame if I get under... I wont die of shame i'll move to category (2)
(2)I won't tell anyone what I got if I get less than...(I won't fill this in... If i do decide not to tell anyone u'll know i got below ***)
(3)I will be satisfied with over... 80.. more satisfied with 85
(4)I'll be bloody estatic with over... 90... (without the bloddy... hehe)

Last edited:

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i dont care. as long as ive done it. finished the hsc. ill be over the moon

Anthrax

HSC
N/A
I'll die of shame if you get under... 50
I will be satisfied with over... 70
I'll be bloody estatic with over... 80

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
You'll die of shame if you get under... 70
You will be satisfied with over... 86

I don't need a UAI though, and my subsequent lack of study indicates that I won't be telling anyone what I get.

HSC
You'll die of shame if you get under... 80
You will be satisfied with over... 90
You'll be bloody estatic with over... 91 :D

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
You won't tell anyone what you got if you get less than.... I don't care, I'll still tell
You will be satisfied with over... 88

HSC
shellybelly087 said:
i dont care. as long as ive done it. finished the hsc. ill be over the moon
Yeah thats how I am. I mean I have already got my uni place.

But even if I didn't have my uni place, I wouldn't die of shame or whatever. If you don't get a good UAI, it really isn't the end of the world; it just means you have to take another path to get onto the path you originally intended to be on.

These people who want 100.00 UAI's to get into Medicine should be happy with anything in the mid-high 90's. Go do a Bachelor of Medical Science and then go into Graduate Medicine instead. My GP has a Bachelor of Medical Science, a PhD in Medical Science and a MBBS and hes a bloody fantastic doctor and he didn't even go straight into Medicine.

powerhouse

HSC
You'll die of shame if you get under... 75
You will be satisfied with over... 85
You'll be bloody estatic with over... 90

elisabeth

HSC
MasterOfDisgyis said:
Yeah thats how I am. I mean I have already got my uni place.

But even if I didn't have my uni place, I wouldn't die of shame or whatever. If you don't get a good UAI, it really isn't the end of the world; it just means you have to take another path to get onto the path you originally intended to be on.

These people who want 100.00 UAI's to get into Medicine should be happy with anything in the mid-high 90's. Go do a Bachelor of Medical Science and then go into Graduate Medicine instead. My GP has a Bachelor of Medical Science, a PhD in Medical Science and a MBBS and hes a bloody fantastic doctor and he didn't even go straight into Medicine.
Yeah, there are always other pathways to your desired career, but I was more curious just about what everyone's personal standards for themselves are. I'm not worried about getting into uni, and I bet a lot of other people aren't. It's more a question of your personal standards, based on the way you've spent your year. I mean, if someone had been going at it hardcore studying all year, topped all their subjects and they got a *... it's just a fun little exercise, to be nosy and compare with everyone else.

muselara

Melb Uni
HSC
You will be satisfied with over... 85
You'll be bloody estatic with over... 90

Carnivour

HSC
You'll die of shame if you get under... 90
You won't tell anyone what you got if you get less than.... 90
You will be satisfied with over... 98
You'll be bloody estatic with over... 99

HSC
elisabeth said:
Yeah, there are always other pathways to your desired career, but I was more curious just about what everyone's personal standards for themselves are. I'm not worried about getting into uni, and I bet a lot of other people aren't. It's more a question of your personal standards, based on the way you've spent your year. I mean, if someone had been going at it hardcore studying all year, topped all their subjects and they got a *... it's just a fun little exercise, to be nosy and compare with everyone else.
For personal standards, people should put more emphisis on their HSC marks than the UAI. It has been stated over and over again that the UAI is a rank, not a mark. A person could be very smart and intelligent but their UAI won't reflect this because of the way it is worked out.

Every year students are surprised at how much the UAI differs from their overall HSC marks.

I'm not trying to have a go at anyone but everyone does well in their own way. No one should be ashamed of anything. If you have put in 100% then you should give yourself a pat on the back and be proud of whatever you get.

elisabeth

HSC
MasterOfDisgyis said:
For personal standards, people should put more emphisis on their HSC marks than the UAI. It has been stated over and over again that the UAI is a rank, not a mark. A person could be very smart and intelligent but their UAI won't reflect this because of the way it is worked out.

Every year students are surprised at how much the UAI differs from their overall HSC marks.

I'm not trying to have a go at anyone but everyone does well in their own way. No one should be ashamed of anything. If you have put in 100% then you should give yourself a pat on the back and be proud of whatever you get.
Well it's a bit easier to compare ideal UAIs because most people have plugged their ideal marks into SAM and it's quicker than writing your mark hopes for each and every subject. And yes, SAM isn't completely accurate, but it's close enough.

I never said anyone should be ashamed of their marks, this is about personal standards that we all have. Everyone has their level. This isn't designed to make anyone feel bad or smug.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
8/9 preferences need 90+

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
Argonaut said:
Question: How many of you actually want 90+ to get into a university course that requires it?

And how many of you want 90+ simply for the bragging rights?
My parents would want a uai of 90 plus for their bragging rights
I'm not telling them so they cant be disapointed nor brag, i'll just be happy to get into a uni course that gets me to primary teaching, thats not much to ask for. Only problem is theres alot of girls wanting to do it, well that i know of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)