Your teacher accidentally marked your incorrect answer, correct? (1 Viewer)

mylucky9

HSC
I got full marks for my Maths Advanced Exam (weighting 20%) but I think I was supposed to lose one mark.

Should I keep it? Or tell the truth?

enoilgam

HSC
I got full marks for my Maths Advanced Exam (weighting 20%) but I think I was supposed to lose one mark.

Keep your mouth shut, take all the marks you can get.

D94

HSC
N/A
Many schools have a policy that when you leave the room with your paper, you can't return and get marks changed. Just leave the room with the paper and well, even if you raise it with your teachers, not even they can technically change it. At least this way, you can be honest but keep the mark as well :D

But in reality, if you were genuinely ethical about the marks, you would have said something already and not made a thread on BoS. Keep it.

Peeik

HSC
Yer ill prob keep the mark. Consider it being lucky.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

So you didn't even definitely lose the mark?

mylucky9

HSC
Yeah I didn't lose the mark. Actually, my answer was correct. It's just I missed a bit of working out. So yeah, full marks.

D94

HSC
N/A
Yeah I didn't lose the mark. Actually, my answer was correct. It's just I missed a bit of working out. So yeah, full marks.
Whilst you may have received full marks there, you have to remember that even getting the correct answer, missing pertinent working out will not always get you full marks.

ZeeZee3

HSC
I suggest just keeping it. Thats just the markers problems, its there responsibility to double check, triple check their marking, so it is ultimately the teachers fault that you got an extra mark. Besides, some teachers thinks its a challenge from a rebel if a student is willing to prove a teachers marking wrong even if it is wrong. So it is best to leave it and also to not get on the teachers bad side, especially after being awarded full marks.

Kittikhun

HSC

Tell the teacher in future if this happens. Imagine for a while if you studied your ass off and sacrificed a lot in preparation for a test and actually got the marks to come first in the test, yet you got ostensibly beaten by another classmate who kept her/his mouth shut about the teacher marking her/his wrong answer correctly. How would you feel? You would be pissed off, yes? And also, it's not fair, as you deserved to come first, not your classmate. Don't do something that you wouldn't do to yourself. Actually, never do something that you would never do to yourself (in this case, giving marks to your classmate that they didn't deserve). However, if the classmate is an insecure, arrogant, and boastful wanker who rudely demands for your fellow classmates' marks and then calls them 'retards' and gloats her/his results in front them, then keep your gob shut and think of it as karma. However, if your classmate is a good person who you knows works hard and deserves to come first, then tell the truth to the teacher. It isn't a matter about being a goody-goody and getting brownie points from your teacher but a matter about doing the right thing, something which you would like done by your fellow classmate if your situation happened to be that of your classmate. At the end of the day though, if you're in the top three in your class rank, don't worry. The HSC isn't really a big deal. No one gives a crap about your ATAR once you get into uni; it's only a vehicle, a stepping stone towards realising your ambitions in life, whatever they are.

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Look in the past, i have approached the teacher, and told them that i should have lost a mark - i am too honest. Now i would say don't, because while your reputation will increase, ultimately you're there to kick everyones arse.

Take these pieces of luck while you can, and don't be nicey, because your mates sure wouldn't do the same.

sweet_16

HSC
Hi

Its better to tell. Honesty is good. Hopefully next time you will be able to bring your ranks up again. You will feel happy telling the truth.

Alkanes

HSC
Depends if your an ethical person or not lol. Well it's the HSC and i think everyone wants to get the most marks they can haha even try scabbing if you have to :p

StevenGonzalez

HSC
Absolutely Alkanes..I am completely agree with you. But still it depends and differ by person to person. If I suppose to do so then I must go to my teacher and ask the correct answer for this question and correct the marks or my answer.

Sucrose

HSC
You will shoot, stab, strangle and beat people for every single mark you can muster in your HSC.
Enjoy that nice score and zip your lips shut LOL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)