Your thoughts on the exam (1 Viewer)

rickn

HSC
I thought the exam was awesome except for the food q. in p+h but everyones saying the same thing ay. Wrote 16 pages for minoans, 13 for agrippina and 11.5 for julio claudians so hopefully ill get a band five at least.

marilyn h

HSC
welllllllll i thought it was a pretty good paper! especially considering i didnt study very much...
pompeii was good, i knew what those dolia things were for in the food question, the last one was annoying i forgot stuff
sparta was excellent! everything i had focussed on, and our teacher made us do an essay about women a few weeks ago!
um, agrippina she was alright, i think i stuffed up the evaluation a bit though
AND the julio-claudians grrrrr we hardly did anything about the year of the 4 emperors!!!! we got like one sheet. i did tiberius' reforms, hopefully all my years bullshitting paid off haha
:wave:

narranick

HSC
The food question was pretty good.. got that in the last week of class

Pompeii pretty simple

Sparta - likewise.. loved the women question

Greek world 500-440BC = sweet. miltiades n leonidas are my bitches

Tiberius Gracchus = esh.. watever

is my school the only one that does Tiberius Gracchus ffs :confused:

Dropdeadbored

HSC
Hey yeah! Well I did better than most of you Hatshepsut people!
The foreign policy thing, I talked about her military campaigns and the expedition to Punt. You could have just bullshitted about anything she did outside of Egypt and gotten marks for it.

Heheh that exam was great. Pompeii and Herculaneum was good, laughed when they asked about the effects of the event- uh, people died?

Had Mycenaean society, easy. Could have done the NK Egypt society Q too if they let me.

New Kingdom Egypt to Thut4 wasn't so easy, but I think I found enough to talk about to get at least 5 for that section.

Okay good luck for the rest of your exams peeps

CK, BSA

angel_eyes870

HSC
Thought it actually pretty awesome.
Glad everyone found the food question hard in the first section - it was a bit of a bummer -
Alexander through me threw a bit of a loop on the first one so i just garbled about stuff - teacher said it sounded like i would of got some marks for it
Sparta was good,
Got a full booklet on the 1st and 2nd settlement but then my teacher made me write about a billion essays on that becuase he had his money on there being that question !!! THANKU!!!

sideshowtim

HSC
Dropdeadbored said:
Heheh that exam was great. Pompeii and Herculaneum was good, laughed when they asked about the effects of the event- uh, people died?
I thought you had to use the source for that effects of the event question. I think I put
it caused some who were afraid of death to "invoke it" upon themselves (reference to what pliny wrote)
and that it caused people to "cry" and "wail" or something or whatever it was.
either way, i thought you needed to use the source provided to answer that question.

atreus

HSC
how many ppl here do mycenae as their society? i didnt like part d).

matchkatori1989

HSC
That test was the easiest one ive done for history!

Pompeii = easy! come on... i forgot a few things it was pretty!

Minoan//Society = a little shit... wat with the role of religious places! neways other than that it was good!

Akhenaten//Personality = hey if i had studied more ther wuld have been more booklets handed in by me... but hey those questions wer soo easy!

New kingdom from Amen III to Ramesses II//Period = both questions wer the same... not wat i expectd but the Seti I i studied in class for... so it workd for me!

but im still not sure wat i will get!
neways ciao :wave:

pzella

PzELLa
HSC
yeh i thought it was a good exam, some things were abit tricky but hey its the hsc.

pompeii - im sooo happy it was predictable - i love the specimen paper !!
the bit on snackbars got me abit.. i said they sold stuff like fruit nuts and cake and they they were heaps popular

sparta - heaps good :D i was suprised about the lycurgus question but hey twas a good section. i wish the agoge was the 15 pointer cause i wrote heaps on that

hatshepsut - yay. i love questions concerining trade/foreign stuff :$ not too bad but i wrote about punt, nubia and the hyksos

unfication of egypt....... i love the questions they gave us :$ meanies !!! i did the one about the changing roles of the nobles and said how they pharaoh married them and how the nobles tombs got bigger... and forgot a bunch of evidence - probably a 19 if lucky - to make it worse i wrote about 4 pages for it.

How much did everyone else write ? I felt like i was waaaayyyy under but i couldnt remember anything else !!

btw did anyone else do unification ?

im guessin i wrote 15 pages all up...

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
narranick said:
The food question was pretty good.. got that in the last week of class

Pompeii pretty simple

Sparta - likewise.. loved the women question

Greek world 500-440BC = sweet. miltiades n leonidas are my bitches

Tiberius Gracchus = esh.. watever

is my school the only one that does Tiberius Gracchus ffs :confused:
Ha, you must go to the same school as me then. :p

Felt pretty good about it overall, except that bastard food question, but at least it was only 4 marks. Also, so glad the Delian League question was easy, since I know nothing about Miltiades or Leonidas. I wrote almost 7 pages which is some sort of record for me.

Makes up for bloody modules:rofl:

Dropdeadbored

HSC
heheh yeah. i am glad many people were having trouble with the food question. i just crapped on about the jars being used to keep the food in, and the fact they used standard measurements or something like that to sell the stuff.

I finished a little early but I stayed and kept going back over my work just in case I wanted to write more. At the end there was only two people writing and they are the ones that are 1st and 2nd out of 20something people.

the stupid new kingdom question- the 25 mark questions only ever seem to have about 10 marks worth of stuff u can talk about in them.

Did anybody else do Mycenaean society? We did, and it was a stupid society because there's basically just receipts and stuff like that for written records. History teacher stopped to talk to me about it after the exam not realising I was absolutely busting.

Heheh i did medical physics so for the lady of oplontis question i crapped on about all the things they could find out from various scans.

Forum question was cool because we had done that in detail for study. I'm pissed they didn't ask a question about certain houses in P+H or mycenae cos i would have done so good in those

ashimation

HSC
BEST

EXAM

EVER.

I do core (duh), Sparta, Aggrippina and Julio Claudians.

I am so unbelievably happy with that exam. I SCHOOLED IT.

~*Bubbles*~

HSC
well, i suppose it could have been worse
P+H - ok, accept who the hell thought of the food question, i put something there, i dunno i think i did alright

Athens in time of pericles - um, i dunno, didnt know much about military, but i recon i blitzed religion

Caesar - caesar's reforms 10 marks? i dont think so, maybe his legacy woulda worked better, and gallic wars was alright, but i think that oulda worked better as ten mark question, wasnt much too work with i thought

Greece 500-440 - delian league was alright ,question worded kinda strangely but i worte lots of stuff i think

I recon maybe band 5, 6 if im lucky (i can only hope)

HilaryLush

HSC
I found the role of the agoge question quite hard, i was struggling to write stuff for it! i feel so stupid! How could u write so much??...*tear*

atreus

HSC
ashimation said:
BEST

EXAM

EVER.

I do core (duh), Sparta, Aggrippina and Julio Claudians.

I am so unbelievably happy with that exam. I SCHOOLED IT.
which julio claudian question did u pick?

HSC
i am so pissed off with myself. For the New Kingdom... wtf was a shadouf? i guessed and said it was some religious statue thingie ...came back home found out it was something to do with the Nile River waters ...damn...:bomb:

Emma204

HSC
Can some one post the food question - have completely forgotten!

HilaryLush

HSC
tamorapierce13 said:
There were 5 stages, so I'm assuming that's why it was worth 5 marks. The agoge was a rite of passage to instill patriotism, loyalty, obedience and comradeship. You needed to pass it to become a full Spartan homoioi.

0-6: nurses, not mothers looked after the babies + babies left alone while crying + used to the dark.
7-12: barracks, @12 slept on rushes + learnt to steal.
13-18: hair chopped off + barefoot + taken away from families + no entertainment.
19-24 (erine class): supervised the younger boys' education, @20 officially in the army, this class made up the Krypteia (you could then talk a bit about what they do).
30+: vote + hold office + live with wife + in army until 60 (constantly giving to the mess).

Soo, yeah, definitely worth 5 marks.
but...i thought that was just describing parts of the agoge, not really its role in the education of spartan boys. i wrote about the comradeship,loyalty part and stuff but i didnt go through the stages cause i didnt think it was relevant to the question *sigh* oh well...i dunno, i suppose i should be focusing on maths now anyway. Thanks for answering my question

HSC
you had to mention the stages and you also had to mention all that crap about loyalty etc

and there are 6 stages,0-6, 7-12, 13-18, 19-23, 24-30, 30+

you left out the 24-30

HilaryLush

HSC
You're probably right, the marking sceme makes more sense that way

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)