Your yr 11 eng AoS (1 Viewer)

bored of sc

HSC
Macbeth has good quotes but on the whole, I found it a fairly average text.

gazzalite751

HSC
Fortify said:
"Belonging". Our teacher hasn't told us the Shakespeare text we were doing, but right now we are reading 'Emma' By 'Jane Austen'
You're doing Belonging already ?!?! I thought you're not allowed to do it till next year...

aeiss

HSC
the human condition
text at the moment is "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
next is "Sons and Lovers' by D.H.Lawrence
how fun.

frostyy

HSC
Journeys, Texts by Robert Frost.. so far dont know if there'll be others...

spoonbender

HSC
I'd prefer to do Animal Farm or Macbeth or even John effing Donne instead of Robert Frost. At least I understand them. Suddenly, English has gotten a lot harder.

Power of One

HSC
N/A
:hammer::hammer:

Some schools are doing CHOICE for year 11 AOS with the texts being
Macbeth
Boy in Striped pyjamas
Rose Blanche
and a text about Australian themes

Power of One

HSC
N/A
If you neeed any help with Macbeth just ask I don't mind:hammer::hammer:

Have studies it twice now so might be able to help

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
No, syllabus changed this year. We're now doing Belonging, instead of Journeys.

In Advanced, I'm doing "Notions of Identity", and that means studying the poetry of T.S. Eliot. I'll also being doing Othello, as well as one other text whos name escapes me now.

In Extension, I'm doing Visions of Utopia and Dystopia, and the core texts are Thomas More's Utopia and George Orwell's 1984 and the movie is Gattaca.

stormstealer27

Tashii the mentalrunaway
HSC
What book?

At A.G.H.S year 11 ADV Eng is reading Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt what are you guys doing?

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Re: What book?

Aerath said:
Have a look at this thread.

For Advanced, we're doing the poetry of TS Eliot, and the Notion of Identity. For Extension 1, we're doing Thomas More's Utopia, and the Module is "Visions of Utopia and Dystopia".
I'm doing the same thing, except in Advanced English we're using the poetry of T.S Eliot to study Journeys.

SoMeRaNdOm.

HSC
sikhman said:
we're doing satire (animal farm) atm and poetry (robert frost and sylvia plath)
\

you poor thing. (dont mean that in a bad way) we studied animal farm last year and it was the most boringest book ever. half the class didn't even finish it.

all levels of english are studing 'changing' standard are reading 'looking for alabrandi' in which they had to compare it to the movie 'legally blonde' and advance is studying a junior book 'chinese cinderella' and compared it to the movie 'pleasentville' which is a good movie.

im thinking of using 'a little princess' as one of my extra texts.

bored of sc

HSC
I'm pretty sure our english department think us 09ers are the smartest bunch of english students cause we have already done like 5 HSC texts durings years 8-10.

AnandDNA

HSC
We're doing Changing self at the moment. The text is 'Death of a Salesman' by Arthur Miller. But we finished the book and assesment on it is like next week but i dont think it relates to the book or chnaging self. We have to write a creative piece on some stimulus i think. And Part 1 of the assesment was some weird listening thing, where we listened to 2 songs on chnage and had to answer questions on it .

Dilan1

HSC
We are doing 'Power' our main text is Othello and supplementary is Shawshank Redemption. We also have to write a 8 minute speech on these :c

adidasyeah

HSC
we are doing RELATIONSHIPS in our 2u and we are doing Catcher in the Rye atm..

for 3u we are doing ORIGIN OF EVIL and currently studying Macbeth and The Throne of Blood.. and my mum freaked when she found my Macbeth book because in Korea, it is apparently "illegal" (according to my her) to study Macbeth.. or something along thoses lines..

bored of sc

HSC
Every school is trying to get as close to belonging as possible without actually doing it. We were going to do "journey towards indentity". But instead we are doing identity.

shoepopper

HSC
we are doing abuse of power, and i have no supplementary material :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)