Your yr 11 eng AoS (1 Viewer)

renny 123

HSC
We're doing Journeys
"Dead Poets Society"
"Journey of the Magi"
Leunig Cartoon

did Othello earlier in the year.. i thought it was pretty good. Easy to write about :uhhuh:

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
bored of sc said:
Every school is trying to get as close to belonging as possible without actually doing it. We were going to do "journey towards indentity". But instead we are doing identity.
True that. Our english teacher even told us that our school chose relationships to help us with Belonging.

jessiminica

HSC
x.Exhaust.x said:
Personal Journeys, and soon, we'll be starting Othello!. I heard it's really really good and sad at the end.
... I love Shakespeare, but Othello sucked balls. Looking forward to next year though - we're doing Hamlet and it's my favourite ever. Might have something to do with Brendan Cowell's performance of it in the bell shakespeare performace of it, but oh well...

But yeah, this year we did change. Also sucked balls :c

katielyn92

HSC
bored of sc said:
...In year 12, Belonging is the area of study and our text is Crucible, easy for me, I did it in year 9!!
Ah that's crazy, that's what we're doing! :D
And we are seeing the Crucible tomorrow in the city ha

jesslomo

HSC
Power of One said:
:hammer::hammer:

Some schools are doing CHOICE for year 11 AOS with the texts being
Macbeth
Boy in Striped pyjamas
Rose Blanche
and a text about Australian themes
woot someone else doing choice

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
bored of sc said:
I'm pretty sure our english department think us 09ers are the smartest bunch of english students cause we have already done like 5 HSC texts durings years 8-10.
I don't think they believe the 09ers in your school would be the 'smartest bunch of english students' because you have already studied some prescribed HSC texts (the prescribed list was not published until about this time last year).

I think they expect your cohort to do well because coincidentally many of your past texts align with the HSC texts.

I'm not sure if that's a good thing :D

It also can mean that your cohort becomes complacent and/or bored (of hsc lulz cwotididthere) and of your texts as you have previously analysed it, so make sure you keep at it ! :hammer:

edit: yes, found out all the hsc texts of my 09 students so far, looks like it will be a fun year :)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Bobness said:
I don't think they believe the 09ers in your school would be the 'smartest bunch of english students' because you have already studied some prescribed HSC texts (the prescribed list was not published until about this time last year).

I think they expect your cohort to do well because coincidentally many of your past texts align with the HSC texts.

I'm not sure if that's a good thing :D

It also can mean that your cohort becomes complacent and/or bored (of hsc lulz cwotididthere) and of your texts as you have previously analysed it, so make sure you keep at it ! :hammer:

edit: yes, found out all the hsc texts of my 09 students so far, looks like it will be a fun year :)
Last post: 2:10am. Get some rest Bob, you enthusiastic English tutor :).

My AOS has currently been personal journeys in Year 11, and for Year 12, it will be Emily Dickinson. I'm definitely going to expose myself to movies these holidays such as 'Dark Knight' (as recommended by Bob) and hopefully finish reading/watching all of my HSC texts these holidays coming up.

jessiminica said:
... I love Shakespeare, but Othello sucked balls. Looking forward to next year though - we're doing Hamlet and it's my favourite ever. Might have something to do with Brendan Cowell's performance of it in the bell shakespeare performace of it, but oh well...

But yeah, this year we did change. Also sucked balls :c
We're also going to do Hamlet. I wish I was looking forward to next year...

Last edited:

5233andy

HSC
Well we had our assessment on our AOS - relationships last week. I was prepared... well that's what I thought anyways. I ended up stuffing it up by freaking out akjgbkwjbgkjwabgkjaw

bawd

HSC
We're doing Identity. It's partially relevant to the new AoS Belonging. I still cannot believe we are being guinea pigged.

jellybelly59

HSC
x.Exhaust.x said:
We're also going to do Hamlet. I wish I was looking forward to next year...
hahaha hamlet for me next yr too :S not sure if that's going to be good or bad... i read the play and watched the bell shakespeare play but not sure if i would like studying it indepth in class lol

HachuneMiku

HSC
We did Change. And we looked at 'Looking For Alibrandi' and 'Navigation'. They were both extremely boring, even my teacher thought the same. With the latter, I could barely keep up with what was going on. We did poetry a few weeks ago, and looked at Bruce Dawe's poems. I actually like how Dawe satirises serious topics. P:

bv

HSC
never relised there are so many
we did :
journeys- The haindmaids tale
our other modules were portaits over time and we did Othello and brownings poems
and now doing representation and text: telling the truth and doing frontline

ratcher0071

HSC
Changing self.

Why are people still doing "Journey", isn't there a new syllabus for HSC English next year?

madisonelise

HSC
x.Exhaust.x said:
Personal Journeys, and soon, we'll be starting Othello!. I heard it's really really good and sad at the end.
Yeahhh we are doing inner journeys. We have just completed Othello and the comparison to the film O (transformation of Othello). It was really good , i enjoyed studying Othello. You will probably really like it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)