yr 11 content still needed for HSC? (1 Viewer)

tea-party

HSC
Hi guys :)

I was wondering, for subjects such as economics and business studies,
do i need to revise on yr 11 stuff (relearn in my case since i have forgotten everything), or can i simply learn from the yr 12 textbooks? Are the things in yr 11 that we need included in the yr 12 textbooks? Because i really do not like the idea of going through my yr 11 stuff :(

PodiatryA

HSC
Hi guys :)

I was wondering, for subjects such as economics and business studies,
do i need to revise on yr 11 stuff (relearn in my case since i have forgotten everything), or can i simply learn from the yr 12 textbooks? Are the things in yr 11 that we need included in the yr 12 textbooks? Because i really do not like the idea of going through my yr 11 stuff :(
I can only answer your question regarding to Business Studies, because i don't do economics, lol.
In terms of Year 11 information, i don't think you need to remember much of it at all. But I'm sure it'd be in your best interest to just glance over the Year 11 stuff, as to give you an understanding. Stuff like Liquidity comes up, and I'm sure other bits and pieces do come up again. Relearning can't be a bad thing, can it ;)?

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
for economics, it is not needed however some information is relevant such as the stuff on RBA, fiscal policy, demand and supply curves, etc.
you wont need it, but don't throw it out
who knows. it might come in handy

tea-party

HSC
So should i relearn the yr 11 content, because i honestly cannot remember anything! D: Or should i just go onto the yr 12 content?

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
well can you remember supply/demand, fiscal/monetary policies etc. If not i suggest you revise them

gazzalite751

HSC
Your year 11 content is your basis for some of your year 12 content - especially when it comes to social sciences.

Sometimes you will find that some content you learnt in year 11, can be/will be related back in year 12.

Best you know the important parts - best piece of advice;
Glance through the year 12 syllabus (go to the board of studies website and roam around there till you find it) - and look at the dotpoints that they have. No doubt your school will follow the syllabus like the BoS loves to stress so look through there, you'll find out everything you need.

tea-party

HSC
Thanks for the replies guys :)

So i should be fine if i follow the syllabus right? And i should probably look through supply and demand again from yr 11.

PodiatryA

HSC
Yeah, just follow the Syllabus. That's what it was invented for :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)