yr 11 work for yr 12? (1 Viewer)

capsicum

HSC
nick1048 said:
hate maths!!! ARGGGG Y AM I SO BAD AT IT! THE AGONY OHH THE AGHONY!
YOU ARE SO NOT BAD AT IT NICK! you're one of the capable ones heading into 4u next year, we all know that!

but anyway, back on topic, does this apply to all subjects including PD/H/PE?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
A bit of motion, magnetism. Nothing else. And it gets re-taught in year 12 where it's needed, anyway.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Slide Rule said:
dy/dx=
lim {[f(x+h)-f(x)]/h}
h->0

That is: the derivative is equal to the limit of the secant as h, a small change, approaches 0. omg first principles wtf.

o c'mon gimme abreak. first principle was easy.LOL. some dude, he was given first principle in the question but couldn't do the question. because they didn't know what first principle was. it was right next to the question in bold.

maybe someone should start a thread about stories about thick people... :p

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Physics: know about motion and vectors

Chem: know moles

Bio: nothing

mandalay

cortigiana onesta
HSC
what about economics and business studies? will the work learnt in year 11 in those subjs be examined in the HSC?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
mandalay said:
what about economics and business studies? will the work learnt in year 11 in those subjs be examined in the HSC?
I'm wondering the same thing.
But I think (as someone else posted) that the course is different, and that Year 11 work is simply assumed but isn't necessarily tested outright in the exam.

Kulazzi

HSC
mandalay said:
definitely not. Most of the stuff in yr 12 is based from yr 11 work anyways. we just learn accounting, marketing etc. in more detail and globalisation. So none of the prelim work will come in the HSC. Not too sure abt economics tho, but I htink it's the same. The only general subject that you need to know from prelim for your HSC is just maths :)

bunnie

I'm also curious if Economics is a progressive subject, because I did so badly this year.

E

eling

bunnie said:
I'm also curious if Economics is a progressive subject, because I did so badly this year.
likewise..unfortunately maths is progressive

lala2

Banned
HSC
withoutaface said:
Bio: nothing
Are you sure that absolutely no Year 11 work is examinable for the HSC? Some teacher said about 30% might be? (but I'm not sure if I heard that or if I'm just imagining things?)

Does anyone here plan to do Music 2 for Year 12? Do you know if Year 11 work is examinable for the HSC and do we still have to memorise a piece in relation to the concepts from each period studied in Year 11?

Also, can you use a Year 11 text (whether related or core) as a Year 12 related text? Can you also swap texts between the Advanced and Extension courses (both from Year 11 and 12)?

*wipes forehead* *sighs* *pheew* that was a long post (for me anyway)

Thanks heaps

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)