• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

yr 12 subject selections (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

hey are you guys told when you get to choose your hsc subjects?? i heard that it was in week 4 or week 5.. or something correct me if im wrong..

HSC
velox speaks the truth, the subject blows, choose economics or physics over it, its harder but makes more sense

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
lol yeah im doing software design this year and its so frkn bs . im droppin it at the end of dis term thos so den i onli have 10 units ...

Last edited:

brilliance**

just a member.
HSC
N/A
[SIZE=-2]btw-- i think this mite be a bit off topic...
but is anyone going for 10 units or 12??

just curious to see what other people are doing.
me, I'm still thinking if I should drop to ten units.``[/SIZE]

greenfish520

HSC
10 units

my school won't let us to do more then 10 units in yr12, only if you are raking extention work? is that good or bad? i know if you only do 10 then you will have more time to concentrate on it... but still... isn't 12 units more safe? just in case if don't work out in one subject?

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
That's bad. They shouldn't be able to tell you what you can and can't do.
My school lets us do however many untis we want, as long as it's at least 10. They actually suggested to us that 10 units was a BAD idea.
I'm doing 13, and I was going to do 15, but then decided that the workload was too huge and that ancient history wasn't that great anyway.

HinikuTheNinja

one helluva naughty ninja
HSC
We got our sheets to change/drop/choose extensions the other day. I'm at 15 units at the moment, but I'm dropping two, and picking upm another one... so next year I'll have 14. ^_^

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I did 12 units to begin with. By about term 2-3 you'll know if youve stuffed a subject up, and if you have it is best to drop it. Thats the point of doing 12 units, as a bit of a saftey net.

If by term 2 you have one bad egg and the others are okay, then drop the bad one, as there is no point studying for it as it wont count.

P

pLuvia

huh?? how come you get to do 13 units in year 11?.. im doing 13u in year 12~~ :):)

brilliance**

just a member.
HSC
N/A
kadlil said:
huh?? how come you get to do 13 units in year 11?.. im doing 13u in year 12~~ :):)
[SIZE=-2]lol``
2 eng adv
+ 3 math
+ 2 x 3 sciences``
+ 2 legal

=

13 units~ :D:D:D

but I think I'll be dropping bio and legal next term``and pik up 4math
still thinking about bio[/SIZE]

P

pLuvia

oh nice subjects :)
mine are

2u Eng Adv
4u Maths
2u Jap Cont
1u Jap Ext
2u Chem
2u Bio

= 13 units, i wanted to do eng ext, but its too late to join :p:(
i mite drop bio next term, depending on the work load, but doubt it because i love it lol :p

carpediem

HSC
my school says if we're dropping anything we still have to do it in term 4 and when the year starts we can drop it, is it BS??

F

Fruitcake05

2U English
4U Math
2U Chem
2U Bio
2U Eco
2U Legal
=14 units

ill drop one when in term 1 next year

Scanorama

HSC
carpediem said:
my school says if we're dropping anything we still have to do it in term 4 and when the year starts we can drop it, is it BS??
Definitely not the policy of Board of Studies. In my old school, when you drop a subject, you only need to stay in the class until week 2 of term 4, after that you are free.

HinikuTheNinja

one helluva naughty ninja
HSC
We're not allowed to drop anything in term 4 either, we have to wait till next year...

And I do 15u. ^_^ But see, I'm a bludger. I chose subjects that don't require a lot of maintaining ^^; And one of my subjects is out of school - I do Jap by correspondence, which makes it a bit easier/harder, depending on how you look at it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)