Business Finance (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
What was with him splitting everyone up at the start of the lecture:p? Anyway, that Spot Test was gay:(. Again we got next to no time and the ARR question was confusing which put me off for the whole thing:mad:.

celcast

HSC
i actually thought it wastnt to bad. I guess i was expecting heaps worse. It was pretty straight forward unlike the last one we did we had a few little tricks. The only thing that kinda threw me was the last 2 questions, but they wont to bad. You did need another 5 minutes but to go over it.

I think the lecturer is paraniod everyone is going to cheat. When everyones doing the test, you see him walk around and stuff looking at everyone its pretty funny.

baker182

HSC
Merethrond said:
What was with him splitting everyone up at the start of the lecture:p? Anyway, that Spot Test was gay:(. Again we got next to no time and the ARR question was confusing which put me off for the whole thing:mad:.
I think i'am going to get 0 lol. How did you like the Money and Banking Test, I'am actually going to drop that subject. Doing 5 subjects is a joke

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
So you dont mind $600 or however much business subjects are worth going down the gurgler?

baker182

HSC
hipsta_jess said:
So you dont mind $600 or however much business subjects are worth going down the gurgler?
Nope, beats having a fail against your name and it will help to study more on another subjects.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
fails dont really go against ur name tho do they?? dont those subjects just not get included?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
celcast said:
i actually thought it wastnt to bad. I guess i was expecting heaps worse. It was pretty straight forward unlike the last one we did we had a few little tricks. The only thing that kinda threw me was the last 2 questions, but they wont to bad. You did need another 5 minutes but to go over it.
I was expecting the same kind of difficulty but with equal cash flows so you could calculate the ARR easily. How did you calculate it? Did you just average the net profits over the three years? Like the Project X was had cash flows like:

Year 0 = -120
Year 1 = 100
Year 2 = 60
Year 3 = 0

I think, so did you just go Average Profit = (60 + 20 + 0)/3 = 26.66, so ARR = 26.66/60 = 44.43%? That is what I did but I think I did it wrong because the ARR is fairly high:(. How well, I don't know what has happened to me, I never used to care but now I have turned into a nerd:p.

celcast said:
I think the lecturer is paraniod everyone is going to cheat. When everyones doing the test, you see him walk around and stuff looking at everyone its pretty funny.
Haha, I as too busy trying to do the exam to watch him but yeah, he is paranoid. What about how he had a go at that girl for doing something:p.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
baker182 said:
I think i'am going to get 0 lol. How did you like the Money and Banking Test, I'am actually going to drop that subject. Doing 5 subjects is a joke
I think I will probably get about 3/5 for the Spot Test:(.

The Money and Baking test was a lot harder than I expected. There was basically nothing in it from the first three topics at all:roll eyes:. I also didn't bother to photocopy the textbook, so I had no idea about how each of those factors affects the demand for and supply of bonds. I think I am looking at about 14 or 15/20 for that test also:(. You should have dropped it a week or so ago if you were going to drop it, then you wouldn't have had to pay. You must be pretty rich to throw that kind of money around:p. Anyway, yeah, I could never cope with five subjects, I struggle enough with four:p.

celcast

HSC
Merethrond said:
I was expecting the same kind of difficulty but with equal cash flows so you could calculate the ARR easily. How did you calculate it? Did you just average the net profits over the three years? Like the Project X was had cash flows like:

Year 0 = -120
Year 1 = 100
Year 2 = 60
Year 3 = 0

I think, so did you just go Average Profit = (60 + 20 + 0)/3 = 26.66, so ARR = 26.66/60 = 44.43%? That is what I did but I think I did it wrong because the ARR is fairly high:(. How well, I don't know what has happened to me, I never used to care but now I have turned into a nerd:p.
I dont know if how i did it was right, but i averaged the profit over three years. I think you still count the 0 profit.
The average book value how did you do that. I averaged that over two years.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
celcast said:
I dont know if how i did it was right, but i averaged the profit over three years. I think you still count the 0 profit.
The average book value how did you do that. I averaged that over two years.
Yeah that is what I did, Average Profit = (60 + 20 + 0)/3 = 80/3 = 26.66. The Average Investment = (Initial Investment - Scrap Value)/2 and because Scrap Value was 0, Average Investment = (120 + 0)/2 = 60. Well that is what I did anyway:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Does anyone know what topics the mid-semester quiz is going to be on? I forgot to ask:).

baker182

HSC
Merethrond said:

The Money and Baking test was a lot harder than I expected. There was basically nothing in it from the first three topics at all:roll eyes:. I also didn't bother to photocopy the textbook, so I had no idea about how each of those factors affects the demand for and supply of bonds. I think I am looking at about 14 or 15/20 for that test also:(. You should have dropped it a week or so ago if you were going to drop it, then you wouldn't have had to pay. You must be pretty rich to throw that kind of money around:p. Anyway, yeah, I could never cope with five subjects, I struggle enough with four:p.
Not rich, just a fucking idiot

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
PrincessSJ said:
everything you do at uni goes on ur academic transcript at the end
Any withdrawral from a course Does NOT go on your academic transcript, but it will always remain on the exam results webpage as a WW :)

baker182

HSC
evilc said:
Any withdrawral from a course Does NOT go on your academic transcript, but it will always remain on the exam results webpage as a WW :)
At least, employers wont see me a quiter lol :D

baker182

HSC
Merethrond said:

By the way, how did you come to the conclusion that I must be rich, to drop the subject after the financial cut off period. As i Dont have to pay the cash now, its a future liabilitity. Also the repayment amount and timing of these's repayments, depends on your income in the future.

I dont want to sound like a dickhead, just trying to a create a healthy debate :p . Also it was within the last week, I considered I could'nt achieve a high grade, while doing 5 subjects. I dont just want to pass, I want to achieve decent marks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)