Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
"atheists must believe that they don't believe". This is one of the most stupid comments I've ever encountered.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Atheism isn't a lack of belief.. it's a belief that there is no god but it's definately not a religion.
That's like saying we REALLY know there's a god out there but we just have a lack of belief in him/it... the truth is atheists believe that there is no god.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Atheism isn't a lack of belief.. it's a belief that there is no god but it's definately not a religion.
That's like saying we REALLY know there's a god out there but we just have a lack of belief in him/it... the truth is atheists believe that there is no god.
okey dokey......

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
joujou_84 said:
god should reward questioning...........it is very ignorant of a person to blindly follow a religion or even believe in god only coz their parents believe din god..........also dont most religions condem other religions for believing in false gods.........however this comes when u name a particular god.......if u believe in god in general.....and dont limit him or give him names or an identity then i dont see how ur following a false god.......
True, but the Christian god, has an identity and characteristics. But what you are saying, an agnostic would be safe, which in almost all circumstances of the above they are.

You never know if there is an actual god (which I don't believe in) what is stopping there from being two gods, who are both homosexual (wouldn't that be great to see all the anti-gay biblebashers when they die and are confronted by two homosexual gods rofl)

K

katie_tully

you know what?

if somebody really, really close to my died, like my mum... itd probably start to believe in god, just so i had the feeling that the person was near me, and that id be able to see them again.
i know when people close to you die, it drives some people AWAY from religion, but i have this feeling itd do the opposite to me, no matter how much i think religion is a crock of shit

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Xayma said:
True, but the Christian god, has an identity and characteristics. But what you are saying, an agnostic would be safe, which in almost all circumstances of the above they are.

You never know if there is an actual god (which I don't believe in) what is stopping there from being two gods, who are both homosexual (wouldn't that be great to see all the anti-gay biblebashers when they die and are confronted by two homosexual gods rofl)
but agnostics are sitting on the fence....if there is a god he'd be pretty shitty at them for not acknowledging him. they r trying to play it safe......however there is either a right answer or a wrong answer......god either exists or he dosent....the only way agnostics r safe....is if there is no god....actually everyone is safe if there is no god.......but only some are safe if there is one.
and as for two gods.......y would we need two gods....if god is so powerful and almighty then we dont need two.....that doesnt really make sense..............and god is gay now is he :rolleyes:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Well if there can be one god, why can't there be two, or three, or infinite. Why does there need to be a god at all?

And I said a god not God. A god might exist or he might not, but how can you be so sure that s/he doesn't reward questioning (which agnostics and atheists do) or what if s/he only takes moderately bad to not believing in him/her but gets furious if they believe in false gods.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Xayma said:
Well if there can be one god, why can't there be two, or three, or infinite. Why does there need to be a god at all?

And I said a god not God. A god might exist or he might not, but how can you be so sure that s/he doesn't reward questioning (which agnostics and atheists do) or what if s/he only takes moderately bad to not believing in him/her but gets furious if they believe in false gods.
well some religions believe in more than one god........although ull find that in most of their religions their gods end up fighting.......which is weird......however thiests believe god is powerful and almighty and does not need a partner to make anything with him.....however this goes back to religion...........

and btw are u listening to urself........if a god existed i think he would want ppl to acknowledge him, not sit around and question all their lives.........ok u question at the start and then u bloody make up ur mind..........apply ur theory to any logical situation.......u can question all u like but to get a result u have to make up ur mind. there is no god that exists just so u can spend ur life questioning his existence......its like 'hey im god i made u but spend ur life wondering if i exist and ill reward u for it"......if he did.......sorry to say......id think he was a very stupid god...........and the rest of wat u said goes back to different religious beliefs.......some religions have many gods and worship idols and in other religions polytheism and idol worshipping r the worst sins.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I said it might happen. I think being ignored because they aren't sure or don't believe you exist is better then being ignored because they believe something else exists.

Maybe s/he is the shy type and gets more self satisfaction to see us running around enjoying our own lives as a gift rather then wondering how we are going to go afterwards and worshipping them.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
lol maybe god did exist, and he blew up forging the universe?

Or maybe god killed himself long ago, i mean who's god going to talk to? he's perfect in every possible way, knows everything you could ever say to him, etc etc etc.....

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Xayma said:
I said it might happen. I think being ignored because they aren't sure or don't believe you exist is better then being ignored because they believe something else exists.

Maybe s/he is the shy type and gets more self satisfaction to see us running around enjoying our own lives as a gift rather then wondering how we are going to go afterwards and worshipping them.
no thats just plain stupid....being ignored is not wat god made u for......
and stop giving god human qualities......"self satisfaction", god is "shy"....... this is god were speaking abt not ur neighbour
whether or not god exists has one answer..........yes or no.......then u go into religions and different religions will tell u different things..........but if u seriously think that god will reward u for doing nothing other than questioning him ur whole life then thats up to u. but quite frankly that makes no sense at all.

and god does allow us to have our own life.........we have free will......we do as we want......religion does not stop u from enjoying ur life........is it so hard to do two things at once........

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I wanna have sex with my female best friend

I don't want to marry her though

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
As a male yes, I can not multitask.

A god then if he does not have human qualities most likely does not have feelings or cares either way if we ignore him/her so why go to church each week when I can have the same afterlife.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)