Dutch Politician Suggests to Ban the Quran (1 Viewer)

CRANK-SHAFT

i'm on urPC,pwning n00bs
HSC
Re: Ban Quran

hey people come on

some of us should think before opening our mouths a little. I mean how can you justify banning a religion of almost 2 billion based on the actions of the few. As a muslim, i believe any good, knowledgable muslim would condemn klling and bombing innocents. There are black sheeps in any community. Dont judge a religion by the followers , as we dont see all christians being as good as Jesus, or all buddhists being like Buddha.

The parts of the world in question has been torn apart by war and violence for decades. Many a generation has been devastated, and we think sitting here thousands of miles away, we know what they face everyday. And, please "iamsickofyear12" tone down the hatred and rasism in your comments. Some of us need to read more and get a neutral viewpoint rather than all the gibberish on TV.

Hope my views are not seen as personal attacks but a group of intelligent, educated people like yourselves have a better understanding of the world.

THANKS

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

"Dont judge a religion by the followers"

What are we supposed to judge it by, then?

Also, ripping on Islam is not racism. It is a belief system, and so ripping on it is no different to hating communism/capitalism/people who like choc-chip cupcakes.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC

Most people don't disembowel their entire families either.

iamsickofyear12

HSC

candisnap said:
If you didnt realise, Australia is a multi-cultural country, get over it. Without it, this country would not be what it is- simple as that.
Polluting the gene pool with their uglyness? you aren't very bright are you.
I'm fine with different cultures, it's refusal to speak english and integrate that annoys me.

CRANK-SHAFT said:
some of us should think before opening our mouths a little. I mean how can you justify banning a religion of almost 2 billion based on the actions of the few. As a muslim, i believe any good, knowledgable muslim would condemn klling and bombing innocents. There are black sheeps in any community. Dont judge a religion by the followers , as we dont see all christians being as good as Jesus, or all buddhists being like Buddha.

And, please "iamsickofyear12" tone down the hatred and rasism in your comments. Some of us need to read more and get a neutral viewpoint rather than all the gibberish on TV.
I don't want to ban 2 billion people based on the actions of a few terrorists. I want to ban 2 billion people based on the fact that as a large collective group even moderate muslims will cause a negative impact on Australian society. At the moment the number is fairly small and we are already having problems. The higher the percentage the worse it will become, until it reaches the point where they have somewhat significant control and then there is no coming back.

There is no hatred and no racism. My opinion is based the logical assumption that a large muslim population will destroy Australian culture and values as they are today.

CRANK-SHAFT

i'm on urPC,pwning n00bs
HSC

Stevo. said:
Most people don't disembowel their entire families either.
what's that supposed to mean?? There are muslims out there who fill people's hearts with love and compassion. I guess you never met those that are good muslims but met the so-called muslims who themselves dont practice or know their religion.

And just to make it clear for all of you, wife-beating and stuff are not allowed by muslims, nor is hurting innocents. The quran tells us not to even destroy homes, and even trees and animals.

waiting for your reply

Even if you attack my religion, atleast i have a chance to defend it and talk about it and I thank God for this opportunity.

THANKS

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

withoutaface said:
Also, ripping on Islam is not racism. It is a belief system, and so ripping on it is no different to hating communism/capitalism/people who like choc-chip cupcakes.
Rubbish. Islam has huge associations with a particular people and place. It is so bound with a well defined culture that you cant divorce it. When a politician attacks Islam (or an interpretation of it), there is no doubt that they are implicitly talking about hairy men, well covered women, alalalalala's, dust, rocket launchers and the Crusades. Collective memory has made this so.

Justin

HSC

iamsickofyear12 said:
I'm fine with different cultures, it's refusal to speak english and integrate that annoys me.
What right do you have to demand that they speak english? That is based upon the assumption that english is the natural language of this country. Also, who cares if they dont speak english.

PS: How many people have you come accross that you have had a significant language barrier with? You also fantasize that there is actually something to integrate into.

iamsickofyear12 said:
At the moment the number is fairly small and we are already having problems. The higher the percentage the worse it will become, until it reaches the point where they have somewhat significant control and then there is no coming back.
Do you feel like.. you're.. Losing control? :D

But JOHN howard's in charge of the country. He's conservative, what are you worried about?

:rofl:

iamsickofyear12 said:
There is no hatred and no racism.
Why do you bother saying this? You don't actually fool anyone here, not even yourself..
iamsickofyear12 said:
My opinion is based the logical assumption that a large muslim population will destroy Australian culture and values as they are today.
Which is why John Howard is letting in record numbers of immigrants :D

Oh no! They are going to destroy "your" culture and "values".

Values by the way, like freedom. Unlike those other people who have different values. You know, those people who hate freedom and love living in shakles.

pfff..

LAME!

iamsickofyear12

HSC

Justin said:
What right do you have to demand that they speak english? That is based upon the assumption that english is the natural language of this country. Also, who cares if they dont speak english.

PS: How many people have you come accross that you have had a significant language barrier with? You also fantasize that there is actually something to integrate into.

Do you feel like.. you're.. Losing control? :D

But JOHN howard's in charge of the country. He's conservative, what are you worried about?

:rofl:

Why do you bother saying this? You don't actually fool anyone here, not even yourself..
Which is why John Howard is letting in record numbers of immigrants :D

Oh no! They are going to destroy "your" culture and "values".

Values by the way, like freedom. Unlike those other people who have different values. You know, those people who hate freedom and love living in shakles.

pfff..

LAME!
Expression of disagreement with everything said in the post here.

Repeat everything I have already said in relation to those issues here.

....and I don't know why you keep mentioning howard but whatever.

Justin

HSC

withoutaface said:
"Dont judge a religion by the followers"

What are we supposed to judge it by, then?
You're not in a position to judge it.
withoutaface said:
Also, ripping on Islam is not racism.
It's discrimination which is largely racism, seeing as your mental connotation of a muslim is an arab one.

Justin

HSC

iamsickofyear12 said:
....and I don't know why you keep mentioning howard but whatever.
Because you openly support howard, yet he works heavily against everything you have said in this thread (through actions, not words, lest he lose ignorant voters like you who mistakenly perceive him to be conservative)
zimmerman8k said:
Interesting point. Withoutface is right that it is perfectly acceptable to rip on islam like any other belief system. I guess whats objectional is the way it is often done, by using stereotypes and simplistic generalisations.
It's ok to rip on other belief systems? So you wont have a problem with muslims speaking ill of christians or jews? :D

woops.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

zimmerman8k said:
Interesting point. Withoutface is right that it is perfectly acceptable to rip on islam like any other belief system. I guess whats objectional is the way it is often done, by using stereotypes and simplistic generalisations.
I have no problem with an objective discussion, but we're talking about politicians. Their interest is creating fear and distraction. I mean, a polly cant talk about communism without heavily evoking in the public images of Soviet Russia, the Kremlin, Stalin, espionage, evil. They can pretend they're not trying to evoke this to appear reasonable, but it cant be helped.
Again, Islamic terrorism will be defeated by our police, not politicians.

iamsickofyear12

HSC

Justin said:
Because you openly support howard, yet he works heavily against everything you have said in this thread (through actions, not words, lest he lose ignorant voters like you who mistakenly perceive him to be conservative)
The only reason I vote for him is because I don't have a whole lot of choice. It's either him or Labor, or I could essentially waste my vote on one of the minor parties who can't win anyway.

Justin

HSC

CRANK-SHAFT said:
what's that supposed to mean?? There are muslims out there who fill people's hearts with love and compassion. I guess you never met those that are good muslims but met the so-called muslims who themselves dont practice or know their religion.

And just to make it clear for all of you, wife-beating and stuff are not allowed by muslims, nor is hurting innocents. The quran tells us not to even destroy homes, and even trees and animals.

waiting for your reply

Even if you attack my religion, atleast i have a chance to defend it and talk about it and I thank God for this opportunity.

THANKS
Don't worry CRANK, these people are economic refugees. Their connection to the country has been annulled by neo-conservative economic policy yet they continue thinking that there is some problem or threat to be found in Muslims. Arguing with them is futile; i know because i used to be like them. It's not something you can ever teach them, it's something that they have to learn themselves. Anything you say, they automatically assign it to the trash can because they have a preconceived prejudice towards you (and me, even though i'm not a Muslim).

They go about fantasizing that they have powers to speak about what should be and shouldn't be. It's power they don't have; they aren't even members of parliament, and even in a confined setting of less than 100 people (parliament) we see how difficult it is for even 1 person to get their way. What chance does one person out of 20 million have? None. But they are malicious, yes. But it's not their fault that they are malicious. They just don't understand the pressures, the pushes or the pulls.

They don't understand that disliking muslims or suggesting that the Quran be banned is fruitless and shall never be achieved. They have a thirst that shall never be quenched. But it is in fact a thirst which serves to see a man who they mistakenly perceive to be "on their side" re-elected. They are walking on a tread-mill towards a goal that's *just* out of reach :eek:
iamsickofyear12 said:
The only reason I vote for him is because I don't have a whole lot of choice. It's either him or Labor, or I could essentially waste my vote on one of the minor parties who can't win anyway.
What more choice do you need? What party meets your desires? One nation?

Last edited:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC

Justin said:
You're not in a position to judge it.
It's discrimination which is largely racism, seeing as your mental connotation of a muslim is an arab one.
My mental connotation of a muslim is an indonesian or sometimes a turk. Unless you're a psychic or something?

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A

iamsickofyear12 said:
There is no hatred and no racism.
no hatred or racism apparent at all :D

My opinion is based the logical assumption that a large muslim population will destroy Australian culture and values as they are today.
um, i really dont see any hints of logic what so ever in your posts. If you really do have a bit of logic in you, you'd realise that a small minority doesnt really have the power to "destroy Australian culture and values" I dont really muslims affecting any of the poeple around them. As in, i havent seen any non-muslim australians walking around wearing a hijab or anything. So dont post rubbish just for the sake of posting.

iamsickofyear12

HSC

MaNiElla said:
no hatred or racism apparent at all :D

um, i really dont see any hints of logic what so ever in your posts. If you really do have a bit of logic in you, you'd realise that a small minority doesnt really have the power to "destroy Australian culture and values" I dont really muslims affecting any of the poeple around them. As in, i havent seen any non-muslim australians walking around wearing a hijab or anything. So dont post rubbish just for the sake of posting.
It may be apparent but it's not what I am doing.

By "logical assumption" I actually meant "this is the way things are and if you don't believe me you are wrong" but anyway:
A small minority doesn't, but a larger minority would, and that is what I think we need to avoid. If we don't let any more muslims into the country we keep it a small minority.
In many ways they need special treatment though, and they shouldn't get it, not publicly.... having to have special treatment unintentionally (or maybe intentionally) forces their religion on other people.

Justin said:
What more choice do you need? What party meets your desires? One nation?
None. There is no perfect political party and there never will be. It's always a trade off.

iamsickofyear12

HSC

candisnap said:
who knows, in 50 years time china could be the biggest political power, and white people will be labelled as a threat, and chinese students just like us will be discussing this argument. who cares.. its all the same right?
China is basically the biggest political power already.

Do you know what would be useful about now... a deadly pandemic... just through asia and the middle east thought. Would help out plenty.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC

iamsickofyear12 said:
China is basically the biggest political power already.

Do you know what would be useful about now... a deadly pandemic... just through asia and the middle east thought. Would help out plenty.
The Chinese will be old by the time they're mega rich, just like the Japs, it's the Indians we need to worry about, those guys are still breeding like rabbits.

iamsickofyear12

HSC

Captain Gh3y said:
The Chinese will be old by the time they're mega rich, just like the Japs, it's the Indians we need to worry about, those guys are still breeding like rabbits.
India is in asia.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A

iamsickofyear12 said:
It may be apparent but it's not what I am doing.

By "logical assumption" I actually meant "this is the way things are and if you don't believe me you are wrong" but anyway:
A small minority doesn't, but a larger minority would, and that is what I think we need to avoid. If we don't let any more muslims into the country we keep it a small minority.
In many ways they need special treatment though, and they shouldn't get it, not publicly.... having to have special treatment unintentionally (or maybe intentionally) forces their religion on other people.
well, sorry man, but i have a impression that you are one weak dude, mate. If you're worried that large amounts of muslims would destroy your Australian values, then you should be strong and have the will power to not let others "destroy" your values for you. Plus, unless you go after them, I dont think that any muslims would approach you to tell you to change your values to theirs, or force you to change them (theres always the police to help you out if such a case happened :)).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)