MQ Open Day 2005 (1 Viewer)

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
hahah. after all this worry about parking, i finally got here and found that there are hardly any cars here yet (9:20am). I might read some philosophy readings in the library... (saturday morning in the library reading philosophy!.. how did i manage that?? :D)

have a good day everyone. 5 hours before train time :D

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
hahah. i just saw the train going past.. its alot smaller than i expected!!!

Eagles said:
what time does it finish?
4pm :). youve only got 5 hours left!!! run eagle before you miss the train!!!!

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
I just came back from it, a hot sticky day but no camel-riding =( thanks to unco-operative skirt wearing ppl and those ashamed of wearing helmets =/

Overall: Day sucked. Met some IPR ppl though

I wore red shoes and a large BoS sticker on my jean thigh!

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i was there from about 11.30 til 2.30. it was pretty good, in terms of info, but lack of freebies :D

you wouldnt have recognised me, because i was wearing what most people were wearing, shorts and shirt. but i baraged the psychology people with heaps of questions.

overall, a good day. i was really impressed with the layout of the uni, thats if the naming of the damn buildings was more coherent?!?!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It is coherent:

W = West
X = eXtension
C = Centre
E = East

Twas a great day anyway :) Enjoyed helping out and really enjoyed explaining the ways of uni to the kiddies :) (and checking out the fresh meat ;))

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
yeah i had an awesome day. think i sold a few on doing hrm next year. couldn't believe how freaked out they are, reminded me of me this time last year.

but yeah, had a good day. spotted some of you guys around, missed out on a train ride though! lol

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hehe, yeah i think thats why it was such a good feeling, cos i was one of the ones who had nfi lol

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
yeah i felt smart for the first time at uni, with all these ppl asking me (YES ME!!!) for advice.

i hope i helped

X

xeuyrawp

AsyLum said:
It is coherent:

W = West
X = eXtension
C = Centre
E = East

Twas a great day anyway :) Enjoyed helping out and really enjoyed explaining the ways of uni to the kiddies :) (and checking out the fresh meat ;))
X = Xtremely West:p

Anyway, the day was ok, but those shirts sucked wang. The lady gave me a 'Large' one, but i was wrestling with it all day. Most of the time, I was walking around with the shirt being an inch above my waist line, so I'm glad I wore black underwear with black jeans :p

I met Goldendawn, who was exactly as I thought, Dan + Sarah (cuties :D:D:D), and glitterfairy. I thought glitterfairy was going to be this gigantic russian bitch, but she turned out to be this nice little Asian girl.

I think kami was with glitterfairy and goldendawn, but I think I think I said something nasty by mistake last night on msn while my puter was shutting down. I hate it when that happens- and you can't sya anything cos you get logged out :( That being said, I hate sucky people, and the gist still remains, so meh.

Whilst doing my duties in the atrium kitchen, this smug guy walks up to me and the other redshirt with me. We were bored, so I guess he just wanted to have a chin-wag. Anyway, he comes up, looking all smug, and goes 'Can you guys tell me, what's the queer space?'. I look at my workmate, a shy asian, who gives me the 'you reply' look.
I reply, 'it's a place for gay people to hang out, get educated, and feel safe.'
Him: 'oh... I see. I think they would object to that'
me: 'what?'
him: 'they would object to the place being called 'Queer'"
me: 'no, we don't. It's the most friendly term to use if you're using it nicely'
him: 'oh, you're one of them... I think it [queer-space] encourages segregation*sniggers and walks off*'

[edit: the dialogue now makes sense:p]
God it was weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
N/A
:S Some people are weird. We need a place at Mac for The Stupid People. Then we can lock them in there and happily go on with the rest of our lives :D

"Gigantic russian bitch"? What what? *girlish stamp of infuriation*

X

xeuyrawp

glitterfairy said:
:S Some people are weird. We need a place at Mac for The Stupid People. Then we can lock them in there and happily go on with the rest of our lives :D

I dunno, I just thought you would be? I think it's because you write in such a sure manner, really unusual for females. That being said, I think you're great :)

In other news, Amy pointed out the religious dude walking around- he was in fact a member of the Coptic church, which I felt fortunate to converse with in (very) rusty Coptic. He was looking at Australia's only extensive Coptic course (at our uni:D). He must have been sooo hot in the heat.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
glitterfairy said:

glitterfairy!!!! i nearly saw you today, asylum was going to ring you up or something. alas it was not meant to be.. how did you BOS handouts go?

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
all the stupid mac uni open day people coming over to mac centre after and making work busy! i hate you all...

HSC
N/A
Cyan_phoeniX said:
glitterfairy!!!! i nearly saw you today, asylum was going to ring you up or something. alas it was not meant to be.. how did you BOS handouts go?
Oh no!!! :'( I really wanted to come and visit you today!!! :'( Mike came over and visited me and my friends in his lunchbreak, so we did see him.

BOS handouts went out like hotcakes! We had almost run out by 11am...

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
you guys have a pretty cool uni. better than syd :p looks like you've got what i'm looking for in a second preference (sorry, UoW's still first)

thanks rob for all the help :uhhuh: and i might see more of you guys next year

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
No problems :) We like to pride ourselves in being a laid back and casual uni, despite the 'quality' of buildings. Glad you had fun today, and hope we get some people coming :D

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Tulipa said:
you guys have a pretty cool uni. better than syd :p looks like you've got what i'm looking for in a second preference (sorry, UoW's still first)

thanks rob for all the help :uhhuh: and i might see more of you guys next year
Really! I find that suprising...i like it better than syd but a lot of people are really obsessed with the sandstone :p

Götterfunken

HSC
All in all an enjoyable day. The only bad side was my three hours of sleep, and the billion hours in transport. I started waiting for a bus (darn you evil bus slave!) at 3:10-ish. That bus took forever, and long story short I only just got home. Public transport is the devils tool! I pox on it.

I was saddened by the lack of camel (where was it?), train ride, and sketch. But my liquid nitrogen ice cream, coupled with the lecture on Roman violence (Hello PwarYuex and Tulipa!) as well as finally exploring, if only partially, Macquarie, made the day fun. I actually was having so much fun wondering around that I can’t forget to pursue some actual academic questions.

I'm so excited about next year—Macquarie had a great feel about it. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)