Victorian bushfires (1 Viewer)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
hey guys

im sick of kochie, hey

my work is having a collection appeal on thursday, im taking some baby clothes and canned food and shit i think

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I hate the fact the media dress down in either a) bogan flannelette shirt and jeans (or Kochie and his Akubra), or b) fire uniform just so they look like they show empathy with the victims. Wear a fucking suit for Christ's sake. You are professionals, look professional.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
I hate the fact the media dress down in either a) bogan flannelette shirt and jeans (or Kochie and his Akubra), or b) fire uniform just so they look like they show empathy with the victims. Wear a fucking suit for Christ's sake. You are professionals, look professional.

and some media personnel go as far as speaking in bogan to some of the victims.

pretty sickening.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I'm sick of hearing about the bushfires. Stuff caught on fire, people were killed... I get it... there has got to be some other news.

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm sick of hearing about the bushfires. Stuff caught on fire, people were killed... I get it... there has got to be some other news.
I don't know if that's quite as much as the two day non-stop news coverage of September 11th and the aftermath. I don't think many channels were broadcasting much else. But its probably better not to dwell on that topic.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
News for you: Pizza Hut is now serving pasta, becoming Pasta Hut.

HSC
Uni Grad
so fucking fuck off then. you know this thread is about bushfires, you know most news outlets will be screening it.

ffs
I don't normally compliment swearing but that was well said. "_:) The death toll is now 181 :( according to ABC and channel nine, some of those journalists really annoy me. Don't they know when people don't want have a camera shoved in their face because their traumatized? Including kids (shame on ABC.)

Last edited:

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
The media are quite gruesome in coverage of disasters. it gets to the point where you think, do they really really care that much? or is it just free air time and an opportunity to self promote, parading their "caring" journalists in traditional country - style clothing, out there interviewing survivors and showing that 7 cares for all aussies.

gee, they are such good blokes at 7 arent they?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
fire uniform is acceptable if it's a safety thing but yeah, otherwise I agree. Lizard on the shoulder, anyone?

HSC
I personally think they should put ash all over their faces. You know, in a casual, 'oh, how did that get there?' kinda way. Just to show that they're roughing it too.

HSC
Uni Grad
The only time journalists would consider giving someone privacy it seems is when they are on the toilet or lacking garments. Enough said. Even then I'm sure it would still cross the mind of some journalists. Probably the only reason they don't is it doesn't look so great on camera.

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
qft

I'm not watching/reading any more about it except to check in with the death toll etc in the morning, if I have to watch one more 'caring' journo interview some family that probably just wants a shower and a lie down and to be left the hell alone I'll throw something at the TV

Like yeah of course they care and everything (one would hope) but they overdo it a bit :/

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Yes, but you're a sociopathic narcissist who does not value human lives and is annoyed that others are focusing on such things instead of lavishing you with praise and attention.

Full disclosure: I've been hedging bets on you going on a suicide killing spree or being beaten to death by a leb gang for your social stupidity for a while now.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
I don't know how you can't watch/read survivor stories and look at the photos of the victims without feeling some sort of sadness or sorrow.

I was in tears last night.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I don't know how you can't watch/read survivor stories and look at the photos of the victims without feeling some sort of sadness or sorrow.

I was in tears last night.
Dying in a fire would have to be one of the worst most terrifying ways to die.

I got carried away imagining it was my family and nearly cried yesterday. But I didn't because I'm hardcore and emotionless and stuff

..not really

:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)