• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL is shit. (1 Viewer)

boris

Banned
HSC
In Australia: (team sports)

Football > Cricket > AFL > Union > Basketball > Netball > League.
is that the reverse order of what sports we are good at? apart from afl. we are the best at that.

Suic1de

Banned
HSC
apart from afl. we are the best at that.
Aren't you forgetting those matches against Ireland?

I enjoy all sports except AFL, it's just a bunch of gumby men running around dropping the football and then falling over trying to grab it.

BTW NRL would be the more popular sport considering the amount of professional leagues running for it. Try to name one professional AFL league for me that isn't in Australia.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC

I enjoy all sports except AFL, it's just a bunch of gumby men running around dropping the football and then falling over trying to grab it.

BTW NRL would be the more popular sport considering the amount of professional leagues running for it. Try to name one professional AFL league for me that isn't in Australia.
I have tryed so many times to watch and enjoy AFL. I just can't, i find it completetly boring.

However as with all sports watching it in person would probably be cool.

Suic1de

Banned
HSC
Not to mention that whenever they catch the ball they get the luxury of play being stopped so they can take a kick. Whereas in any other sport Rugby/League you would be knocked onto the turf if you took too long.

HSC
Lol. I thought the netball would have caused your greater heartache. Truth hurts, doesn't it? I would rather watch the Super 14's any day of the week. There is greater skill in union than in league, imho.
without a doubt. union is the better game by a country mile.

Mozza91

HSC
Lol. I thought the netball would have caused your greater heartache. Truth hurts, doesn't it? I would rather watch the Super 14's any day of the week. There is greater skill in union than in league, imho.
The truth lol like your opinion is the truth you have showed your complete lack of knowledge of sport in the cricket thread.
greater skil level ? Union players can't tackle and League players have better passing and running games, Union is just kicking the ball up the other end then back again and this is repeated for 80 minutes

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
The truth lol like your opinion is the truth you have showed your complete lack of knowledge of sport in the cricket thread.
greater skil level ? Union players can't tackle and League players have better passing and running games, Union is just kicking the ball up the other end then back again and this is repeated for 80 minutes
Complete lack of sport knowledge? For what, being understandably pessimistic about our chances against SA? Please adjust your criteria for lack of sport next time please.

Back to league vs union, nothing I say about the virtues of union will ever make you agree with me. But please leave the kicking argument out of this, its pretty much a fallacy. The Super 14 has been full of running rugby this season.

I really hope that the mooted league vs union hybrid clash goes ahead. Would settle a few scores.

boris

Banned
HSC

That isnt AFL its international rules. Hybrid game, doesnt count.
if thats what you think of afl you are a faggot who knows nothing of what it involves.

I have tryed so many times to watch and enjoy AFL. I just can't, i find it completetly boring.

However as with all sports watching it in person would probably be cool.
i did too until i started playing it.

Not to mention that whenever they catch the ball they get the luxury of play being stopped so they can take a kick. Whereas in any other sport Rugby/League you would be knocked onto the turf if you took too long.
obviously you know nothing.

you're just a biased nrl retard who wont shut the fuck up when they are wrong.

Complete lack of sport knowledge? For what, being understandably pessimistic about our chances against SA? Please adjust your criteria for lack of sport next time please.

Back to league vs union, nothing I say about the virtues of union will ever make you agree with me. But please leave the kicking argument out of this, its pretty much a fallacy. The Super 14 has been full of running rugby this season.

I really hope that the mooted league vs union hybrid clash goes ahead. Would settle a few scores.
We had a league vs union match between the 2 town clubs. under 18s league vs under 20s union, union won 26-24. they were bigger. league lost the reserve grade and won the first grade. the skills are basically the same. anyone who says union players cant tackle is a dickhead. anyone who says league players have no skill are retards. it all comes down to personal preference.

Mozza91

HSC
I'm not wrong league is better then Union more entertaining,tougher just better

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
Except the only bloke who actually gets the "luxury" of stopping is the bloke with the ball and the man on the mark. And the man with the ball is under ridiculous focus from everyone else on the field, and a ridiculous amount of pressure not to fuck up. Everyone else on the field is still running around like madmen offering options. In a game that is more hard-running and exhausting than any other being discussed in this thread, any moment of respite is a blessing.

From your so-called reasoning, whenever someone is tackled in rugby everyone gets this luxury you speak of to stop for a few moments while the players pull their heads (thumbs?) out of each other's arses and groins and nudge the ball between their legs. And these stoppages seem to occur very bloody frequently. Oh, and those scrums, faaark... tick tock, tick tock. But anyone with any sense/experience would know that in the same as AFL, these stoppages are not a luxury.

Don't make shit sweeping judgements about things you don't actually understand you piss-ant twerp.

boris

Banned
HSC
I'v given up reasoning with the retards who continually post shit in this forum. AFL is 3 times a tiring as rugby league. Im not saying it is better. Im not saying any game is better, its a matter of personal preference. Only a moron would say one game is "better" than another you fucking dickheads. Especially if you havnt even played all of them.

Mozza91

HSC
I'v given up reasoning with the retards who continually post shit in this forum. AFL is 3 times a tiring as rugby league. Im not saying it is better. Im not saying any game is better, its a matter of personal preference. Only a moron would say one game is "better" than another you fucking dickheads. Especially if you havnt even played all of them.
Have you played all of them ?

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
Why is it more skillful it's a complete clusterfuck you only need to be fast and be able to kick no ball skills required whatsoever
Coulda sworn dropping an oval ball on to your foot and attempting to pinpoint its trajectory was a lot more skillfull than just tossing an oval ball across your shoulder.

But anywho, 99% of posters in this thread are immature, biased, juvie fuckwits whose inability to appreciate the finer points of other sports just proves that anything they say in support of their own chosen game is deeply flawed and should be ignored. Hell, most of you have your HSC year as '08 or '09. You probably all still spend your lunchtimes arguing over Foulcans or Commonwhores.
Eat shit and die the lot of you.

Edit: Boris beat me to the punch.

Mozza91

HSC
Coulda sworn dropping an oval ball on to your foot and attempting to pinpoint its trajectory was a lot more skillfull than just tossing an oval ball across your shoulder.
Could of sworn nobody asked you.
Weren't we talking about League and Union not that stupid sport Victards play

Last edited:

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
Mozza, you've been just as prolific in discussing AFL in this thread as anyone else. Dumb shit.
You're the biggest fuckwit of all the fuckwits in this thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)