Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2009) (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
omg James u biatch i cant believe u left without me or at least without telling me

and omg i am sooooo screwed for my management mid sem exam. i havent even started studying at all but i did do relatively well on my HR test in comparison with the people i spoke to who also did the test.

lol one thing i did learn today is that i should really stop telling people my actual uai especially if the school they went to was james ruse. :spzz:
awwww.

just for the record, i got 100 :D

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
omg James u biatch i cant believe u left without me or at least without telling me

and omg i am sooooo screwed for my management mid sem exam. i havent even started studying at all but i did do relatively well on my HR test in comparison with the people i spoke to who also did the test.

lol one thing i did learn today is that i should really stop telling people my actual uai especially if the school they went to was james ruse. :spzz:
You're in second year. Why on earth are you still talking about UAIs?

spence

HSC
OMG congrats babe. great work!!! :D

i do first year psych... also i met a lot of first year james ruse ppl on the comsoc cruise... saw one of them today and he was like "hey u were the girl who got drunk at the comsoc cruise" hahahaha o_O

omg its was pretty shameful that cruise. one of my mentees who went to james ruse (along with some other james ruse pplz) had to drag me station cause i was sooo out of it. but my mentee was sooo sweet and awesome about it... he messaged me on facebook the next day asking me if i was okay... haha... it was also the day i met stas irl...

(OMG I hope my mentee doesnt put that in their mentor evaluation/survey thing. I would just die =.=)
Hey speaking of psych, are you going to the Psyche dinner? I'm thinking bout it, haven't been to any of their meetings though

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
ok so i had a think about my conundrum today. i think the following solution should be ok, except one step and you people can discuss that one step. this is all theoretical of course: i concern myself not with separations and practical concerns.

start with piperine (from black pepper isolated using DCM)

oxidise with KMnO4

React with ethyl magnesium bromide (Grignard reagent), and H+

Dehydrate this with conc. H2SO4

Now we have isosafrole yay!

now apparently you can oxidise this (selectively) with peroxy acids apparently (idk i've never done this before but apparently it's pretty common. anyway that gives MDP2P

Now we reductively aminate using methylamine and NaBH4 to give

I missed my train this morning and so i came up with this (except for the peroxy acid step, which i had to look elsewhere for. i was thinking a standard oxidation but idk, apparently it won't work). :(
Anyway those are my thoughts?
Anyone notice any mistakes? :(

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
there isnt as much chemistry in chemical engineering as you would think

which is why I have no idea!

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Ohmygod so sleepy.
So glad I did my essay days in advance and only need to reference.

Going to watch Criminal Minds then sleep.

HSC
N/A
"Congratulations!
Getting this email means you are recognised as one of Marketing’s top students.
Please join us for morning tea and let’s start talking about whether you should join the Honours program in 2010.
The world has totally changed since you enrolled in your degree.
Honours may be the smartest way for you to launch your career and differentiate yourself from other marketing graduates."

lols :/

do.not.want.

amber44

HSC
"Congratulations!
Getting this email means you are recognised as one of Marketing’s top students.
Please join us for morning tea and let’s start talking about whether you should join the Honours program in 2010.
The world has totally changed since you enrolled in your degree.
Honours may be the smartest way for you to launch your career and differentiate yourself from other marketing graduates."

lols :/

do.not.want
Is that real? If so, congrats!

HSC
N/A
yeah, its real. Thanks!
I get it every year. You'd think they'd know that I dont graduate until the end of next year lol!

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Free morning tea

HSC
jb are you still considering applying for a bakers delight job? If you can get your resume in soon it's a good time to try.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Another question PMed to me:

hi, just wondering if you get grade when you finished the exam so after the completion of all assessment,

so if you get grade, is it scaled?
then if you got credit or pass for assignment worth 5% and 10%, do they matter significantly?

u-borat

Banned
HSC
haha u can be the next stazi guy

i wents to football and was very amazing

i also saw a kwayera monster today

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
People I hate #563: People who use 'Pass', 'Credit' and 'Distinction' to refer to marks for individual assignments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)