Average UAI (2 Viewers)

dp624

HSC
I tihnk it's a bit more complex than that xD - though it'd be funny if your thing was true.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Arguing for the sake of arguing, pretty much... lol. :D

And Tim I think that's your name, anyways it's 4-unit guy

... my point was
... people who do 4-unit maths are ill-equipped for University study in at least one common university subject that EVERY decent university student has to do:

STATISTICS

can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em... ;)
Statistics is part of the new maths course lol.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
That's because people who left school at the end of Year 10 are included in the UAI calculation, isn't it?

And I don't think UAI calculation is as complex as it sounds somehow... it sounds to me as though there are a few people, maybe a dozen people on a UAC Scaling Committee... who simply say something like this:

- The average mark in the Mathematics (Extension 2) exam was 60%
- OK then
- That means that it is a very difficult paper and a very difficult course
- Therefore
- Anyone who scores above the average mark will get scaled up
- therefore
- a Raw Mark of 61
- shall be scaled up in proportion with the scaling of other subjects where the exam paper marks were generally poor, such as Chemistry, and Mathematics (Extension 1)
- so we shall scale a mark of 61 up to...
- say, "65, guys?"
- UAC Committee Members: "Sounds good boss, now off to scale some Physics papers and assessment marks, yay!" :)

Seriously... how complicated could it get... it seems pretty much to me like that's how they would scale... I doubt you need a Bachelor of Mathematics (Advanced) from UNSW just to get on to the UAC Scaling Committee! ;)

I bet you any of the 4-unit guys on this forum could make a good living scaling marks and marking HSC papers... provided they do at least one Uni degree first...
:)
james

P.S: Wouldn't scaling be done with line equations? We all know that simply equation of a line, don't we? y=mx+b
so do they use something like that to determine the spread of marks for an HSC course in line form, on a graph?

???
LOL!

do they take bribes too? :rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)