UBS Cadetship 2010 (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I got in.

EDIT: BTW, are they going to time us when while we do the assessment? Anyone dares to try this out first? lol

EDIT: Oh, they did say that they are going to time us...what the hell...

Last edited:

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
I got in.

EDIT: BTW, are they going to time us when while we do the assessment? Anyone dares to try this out first? lol

They do time us.
I did it when I got the email - better to get it over and done with. Only problem I had was when I clicked 'review all' - there were a whole bunch of new questions which loaded unanswered and I didn't have time to answer those - so yeah, I don't know if that'll affect my application.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
I got in.

Yeah, online psychometric tests for job applications are pretty much always timed. You'll find that again when you apply for Grad Programs.

Don't stress about them, you can't really prepare for them, just make sure to do it when you are focused and fresh, without distractions.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
They do time us.
I did it when I got the email - better to get it over and done with. Only problem I had was when I clicked 'review all' - there were a whole bunch of new questions which loaded unanswered and I didn't have time to answer those - so yeah, I don't know if that'll affect my application.
What? What the hell...please explain what happened.

Did you actually answer those "unanswered questions" or did something else happen?

MathsTutorz

HSC
N/A
can u guys tell me what your questions were like?

thanks guys

pearling

HSC
N/A
I got asked to do the test too, it seems very dodgy to me lol - determining our personality thru some online Qs. Does anyone have a fair idea of how many ppl applied this yr - I'm guessing quite a lot since its the only company doing busines cadetships this yr following GFC And how many do they accept? around 10? Oh and I've been hearing a rumour that these business cadetships are for people who got rejected from coop/uts bacc/Big 4 cadetships - is that true? since UBS is one of the ;largest investment bank in the world...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I got asked to do the test too, it seems very dodgy to me lol - determining our personality thru some online Qs.
lol that's the most efficient method through which they can test our "personality". They cannot afford to bring everyone to interview panel...it would be both too costly and ineffective.

Does anyone have a fair idea of how many ppl applied this yr - I'm guessing quite a lot since its the only company doing busines cadetships this yr following GFC And how many do they accept? around 10?
I reckon it's around 140??? If you look at your ID, it should say something in the vicinity of 100s. I think that represents the number of people who applied for the course.

Oh and I've been hearing a rumour that these business cadetships are for people who got rejected from coop/uts bacc/Big 4 cadetships - is that true? since UBS is one of the ;largest investment bank in the world...
Dude, think for yourself lol. Obvioulsly not.

blue_chameleon

HSC
lol that's the most efficient method through which they can test our "personality". They cannot afford to bring everyone to interview panel...it would be both too costly and ineffective.
It's not really a way of testing personality per se, but rather a culling method used to discard applicants that don't meet certain minimum standards. Think of it more like an IQ test.

I reckon it's around 140??? If you look at your ID, it should say something in the vicinity of 100s. I think that represents the number of people who applied for the course.
Given the reputation of UBS, I would say with some certainty that there would be more than 140 applying for cadetships. Could be into the thousands, but don't quote me on that. Just focus on doing the best you can, finding out how many people you're up against doesn't help much.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
It's not really a way of testing personality per se, but rather a culling method used to discard applicants that don't meet certain minimum standards. Think of it more like an IQ test.

Given the reputation of UBS, I would say with some certainty that there would be more than 140 applying for cadetships. Could be into the thousands, but don't quote me on that. Just focus on doing the best you can, finding out how many people you're up against doesn't help much.
Um, I hate to admit this. But during my application form, I screwed up several times with computer so I had to hand in application form several times and evertime I did that I got different ID numbers namely 120, 122 and 139.

120 one was on 2nd of July and 122 was on the same day and 139 was on 5th of July or something.

blue_chameleon

HSC
Um, I hate to admit this. But during my application form, I screwed up several times with computer so I had to hand in application form several times and evertime I did that I got different ID numbers namely 120, 122 and 139.

120 one was on 2nd of July and 122 was on the same day and 139 was on 5th of July or something.
Okay, fair enough. There may only be 140 applicants then. Given what you have told me regarding mistakes made, there may be less. It's a bit surprising, although maybe the impact of applying for grad jobs with so much competition, meant that there would be similar competition for internships etc.

Eitherway, my point about not worrying too much about how many people you are competing against still stands. If it's 140 applicants and they are taking 10 people, you guys are in with good chances!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Okay, fair enough. There may only be 140 applicants then. Given what you have told me regarding mistakes made, there may be less. It's a bit surprising, although maybe the impact of applying for grad jobs with so much competition, meant that there would be similar competition for internships etc.

Eitherway, my point about not worrying too much about how many people you are competing against still stands. If it's 140 applicants and they are taking 10 people, you guys are in with good chances!
Not many people are aware of this cadetship. I think that is the reason why not many people have applied for this. This business cadetship is pretty much overshadowed by the accounting cadetships.

About teh number that they take in...I don't think it is 10. I have read few previous threads about the number...it's apparently about 5. It's pretty competitive.....gah

pearling

HSC
N/A
Woah picking 5 from 140 is like <4% acceptance rate which is pretty competitive...

And I did def. expect more apps esp for a company like UBS (but quite glad it's <200 haha) but I dont think professional cadetship aus did much marketing... no school presentation/brochures etc.

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Woah picking 5 from 140 is like <4% acceptance rate which is pretty competitive...
Ye I guess so. But Deloitte apparently had like 4000 applications with 15 people getting in....that's less than 0.5%

iMAN2

HSC
N/A
Heyz,
yea i've done the online assesment, didnt get to finish the last page :( ran out of time.

hmmz i didnt find out about it till late so i handed mine in lets just say a couple of minutes b4 12..am and i was in the 200's... so thats the competition for this year i guess.

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
well i chose not to apply simply coz i know the kind of competition im up again

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Heyz,
yea i've done the online assesment, didnt get to finish the last page :( ran out of time.

hmmz i didnt find out about it till late so i handed mine in lets just say a couple of minutes b4 12..am and i was in the 200's... so thats the competition for this year i guess.
lol

so it's 200 people then.

But don't you think that they cut some people out?

Hopefully, they didn't just tell all 200 people to do the Online exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)