Why post count doesn't count Non-School posts (1 Viewer)

anyscope

HSC
I don't see the point, really? Could someone please enlighten me?

(also try saying this thread's title really fast, over and over.)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
post counts are ideally a reflection of contribution, NS posts dont really contribute to the forum in a constructive way. Dont get me wrong, NS posts are great fun and i dont have anything against them, but they arent the primary focus of the website, hence they don't count.

anyscope

HSC
post counts are ideally a reflection of contribution, NS posts dont really contribute to the forum in a constructive way. Dont get me wrong, NS posts are great fun and i dont have anything against them, but they arent the primary focus of the website, hence they don't count.
Okay, perhaps I should rephrase the question...

Why don't posts on 'Love & Relationships' count towards your post count? I mean, this is the reason I come onto the board, and I post regularly on it. It just seems like I'm posting for no reason, and surely relationship help is far more important than:

What is your current Ring Tone

Cheese on Toast

MaMa jOKEZ!!!!

Drunk Redneck Suzuki Jump

Could we please see making L&R posts count as a serious possibility? Because surely if Lifestyles, Entertainment, Hobbies, Interests & Social Activities, etc count, surely this should as well....

I look forward to your reply.http://community.boredofstudies.org/111/hobbies-interests-social-activities/

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
why does it matter so much to you if your posts count????

also i think L&R and NS should not have post counts cos that would encourage more trolls then there already is to post in those forums.

Drewx

HSC
Yea post count is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
Having an epic post count doesn't actually make what you post any more worth reading.

Brontecat

HSC
i think the NCAP forum as most of those are real posts and any trolling is normally moved int the sub-forum

anyscope

HSC
why does it matter so much to you if your posts count????
Yea post count is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things
Having an epic post count doesn't actually make what you post any more worth reading.
It's not the fact I want a massive post count, it's the fact there's no reason for L&R posts to not count. They're just as important as board sections that do contribute towards it...

also i think L&R and NS should not have post counts cos that would encourage more trolls then there already is to post in those forums.
There are places just as pointless and silly in this forum that do count. Care to visit some of the given examples?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i suppose what it comes down to is personal utility vs. public utility, most of the posts in NS/L&R are only useful to yourself, they dont do a public service, except entertainment and/or personal advice. the other forms can provide information to a variety of people.

thats the way i see it anyhow

Omium

Knuckles
HSC

anyscope

HSC
i suppose what it comes down to is personal utility vs. public utility, most of the posts in NS/L&R are only useful to yourself, they dont do a public service, except entertainment and/or personal advice. the other forms can provide information to a variety of people.

thats the way i see it anyhow
I agree with you saying that Non-School is mainly personal utility... but to me L&R has given some really great life advice... and I see that as a public service. I see people helping people with that aspect of their lives as a great public service... far more so than other parts of the forum.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
I agree with you saying that Non-School is mainly personal utility... but to me L&R has given some really great life advice... and I see that as a public service. I see people helping people with that aspect of their lives as a great public service... far more so than other parts of the forum.
L&R is also full of trolls

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)