• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Accounting Cadetships 2009 (1 Viewer)

cassieagill

HSC
I would just like to know some sample questions for what is asked at an accounting cadetship interview.

Thankyou :)
hey, i had my interview with EY the other day, i won't tell you exactly what they asked because i got the job and i don't want to get in trouble for telling people 'the secrets' but it was all behavioral based like 'tell me about a time when you (displayed certain skill or competency)' they asked about work environment, myself as a person why i was interested in their company and yea things like that (pretty standard)

google behavioral interview questions and you can have a look at what some of them are like (most of the firms do similar things) however try not to memorize answers, they can tell when you are rehearsed

hope this helps :)

(oh also some firms do motivational interview questions google those too)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
hey, i had my interview with EY the other day, i won't tell you exactly what they asked because i got the job and i don't want to get in trouble for telling people 'the secrets' but it was all behavioral based like 'tell me about a time when you (displayed certain skill or competency)' they asked about work environment, myself as a person why i was interested in their company and yea things like that (pretty standard)

google behavioral interview questions and you can have a look at what some of them are like (most of the firms do similar things) however try not to memorize answers, they can tell when you are rehearsed

hope this helps :)

(oh also some firms do motivational interview questions google those too)
Why would you get into trouble?

cassieagill

HSC
lol idk but i might, because they may use the same questions for their other states (im in vic) and plus i don't really think it's fair for some candidates to have an advantage by knowing the questions. But what I've given you is really helpful, i looked at them before i went and they actually asked the exact same questions as ones i'd read through my research and so i already had the framework for answers, so i urge you to look it up! ;)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
lol idk but i might, because they may use the same questions for their other states (im in vic) and plus i don't really think it's fair for some candidates to have an advantage by knowing the questions. But what I've given you is really helpful, i looked at them before i went and they actually asked the exact same questions as ones i'd read through my research and so i already had the framework for answers, so i urge you to look it up! ;)
lol I had few interviews today and before so I have an idea of what's going to be asked. Besides, everyone gets different question anyway and everyone should really know what's going to be asked in interview (just google typical interview questions lol)

cassieagill

HSC
lol I had few interviews today and before so I have an idea of what's going to be asked. Besides, everyone gets different question anyway and everyone should really know what's going to be asked in interview (just google typical interview questions lol)

my interviewer read off a list of questions, so what i was asked was pre-determined, and everyone should have had the same...and yea exactly, they are all available on google :) hope you did well in your interviews and you get the call!!!!

Also guys just to let you know i got the call that i got the job two days after the interview, so don't start fretting if you don't get a call the day after ;)

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
i didn apply for this stuff so i dun exactly know how it works
..but my friend got a call the other day...and was wondering what the ppl said at the end to everyone else...
eg: "we'll call you again some time..."
"thank you..."
"you were super fukn pwnge come work for us NOW..." =P

etc etc etc

if it's not too private then i think it wud really put him at ease if he knew wat the interviewer said to other people xD

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
i didn apply for this stuff so i dun exactly know how it works
..but my friend got a call the other day...and was wondering what the ppl said at the end to everyone else...
eg: "we'll call you again some time..."
"thank you..."
"you were super fukn pwnge come work for us NOW..." =P

etc etc etc

if it's not too private then i think it wud really put him at ease if he knew wat the interviewer said to other people xD
She just said my application form was excellent and they told me I would call me back on Monday for more details about PwC interview that is on like 20th of July.

pearling

HSC
N/A
Lyounamu you sound like an amazing applicant - you make me a bit jealoused hehe. You seem to be getting and owning all the interviews congrats man :) Btw for you PwC phone interview was it impromptu like did that email you in advance they will be calling you? And around what time did you get contacted? Coz my frend had her phone interview at like 8 pm last night which I thought was pretty late and so now I'm like really nervous whenever the phone rings haha.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Lyounamu you sound like an amazing applicant - you make me a bit jealoused hehe. You seem to be getting and owning all the interviews congrats man :) Btw for you PwC phone interview was it impromptu like did that email you in advance they will be calling you? And around what time did you get contacted? Coz my frend had her phone interview at like 8 pm last night which I thought was pretty late and so now I'm like really nervous whenever the phone rings haha.
For PwC interview they just called me and asked whether I can do phone interview so I said ye. It went about 20 minutes I think.

elmo rox!! :D

HSC
The questions at EY at least are the same for everyone, as Cassieagill said ..... we were at the same recruitment day and from what we have discussed they were exactly the same.
However I didnt research before ..... didnt even think of it haha ..... i didnt get an offer so do research lol :) its a really good idea

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
She just said my application form was excellent and they told me I would call me back on Monday for more details about PwC interview that is on like 20th of July.
thanks namu

btw you seem to be FUKN PWNING this shit....*claps for you*
hope it goes heaps well xD

pearling

HSC
N/A
Okay I have a queston for the E&Y cadetship app, 1 question asks "Ernst & Young is a values-based organisation. Which of Ernst & Young’s key values have you recently demonstrated? How did you demonstrate this value?" I looked thru their site and couldnt really find a page where they talked about their values ... help anyone?

EDIT: nvm i just googled it and the page came up haha

Last edited:

elmo rox!! :D

HSC
Has anyone heard from PwC in Melbs yet ...... either way
Its been ages and I still haven't heard

ayehann

Procrastinator
HSC
anyone get confirmed offer for the pwc thing on 9th july?
yeahh..! we meet at the bottom floor around 6 15ish yeah?
and also.. in the email they sent out .. theres a link to the practice test online in the attachement.. GRR ! that FFRKN PRACTICE TEST!~:mad: only supports netscape navigator or ie5.5 and 6.0 ! omg get into the real world!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)