• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Forced Abortion (1 Viewer)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
The moment of conception is the moment when the embryo/fetus/baby begins to grow and form. It is the moment they become a living thing.
My point of view is when it becomes sentient, brainwaves and all.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
The moment of conception is the moment when the embryo/fetus/baby begins to grow and form. It is the moment they become a living thing.
No it isn't.

It's not a viable life. If you take the foetus out of the womb before a certain amount of time, I think the minimum is 24 weeks, it is not viable. It relies on the mother to sustain growth and development, it is not a live entity in itself.

You can't tell me that a blastocyst is living.

J.a.d.e :-)

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
It is still a living creature, regardless of whether it is relying on another. IT IS STILL ALIVE.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
No it isn't.

It's not a viable life. If you take the foetus out of the womb before a certain amount of time, I think the minimum is 24 weeks, it is not viable. It relies on the mother to sustain growth and development, it is not a live entity in itself.

You can't tell me that a blastocyst is living.
She'd google it.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
As they say, every abortion is just:

One more heart that was stopped.
Two more eyes that will never see.
Two more hands that will never touch.
Two more legs that will never run.
One more mouth that will never speak.

Who says this?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
As they say, every abortion is just:

One more heart that was stopped.
Two more eyes that will never see.
Two more hands that will never touch.
Two more legs that will never run.
One more mouth that will never speak.
Oh hi there, I almost missed this shit.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
i.e. bible bashing, seedy old men who stand outside aborting clinics with pictures of fetuses, looking seedy and bashing bibles.

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
It's ... not ... fucking ... alive

Do you even know what a blastocyst is?
A structure made up of cells that forms like, 6 days or something after fertilisation? The last stage before the embryo implants itself into the wall of the uterus?

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
You keep saying it's a creature, but does that make it human? As far as I know, it's indistinguishable from the fetus of a dolphin at that point.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
... I'm not bagging out dolphins. Just saying. At that stage, Dolphin = human.

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
No explain the part to me where it's alive.
Not knowing an overly large amount about this topic other than what I researched for a biology debate in year 12, I wont deny that blastocysts may not technically be "human" life, but they are living cells which may or may not develop into embryos. Thay are alive. They're growing. They die if they are unsuccessful in implanting into the uterine wall. For them to die, they must at first be alive.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Not knowing an overly large amount about this topic other than what I researched for a biology debate in year 12, I wont deny that blastocysts may not technically be "human" life, but they are living cells which may or may not develop into embryos. Thay are alive. They're growing. They die if they are unsuccessful in implanting into the uterine wall. For them to die, they must at first be alive.
You're trying to associate 'alive' with 'life'. It's not the same. These cells, the foetus, cannot sustain life. They are not independent, viable organisms.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Well hang on, looking at it from this point of view, cancerous tumours are "living cells" and is not human life, so if we remove it and kill it, is it murder?

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
Well hang on, looking at it from this point of view, cancerous tumours are "living cells" and is not human life, so if we remove it and kill it, is it murder?
Does it run the possibility of turning into an embryo?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Does it run the possibility of turning into an embryo?
No, but your implying that killing human cells that are obviously not sentient yet is murder. Since cancer is indeed human cells but mutated, just like a fertilised egg, wouldnt it also be murder if you destroyed the cancer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)