Australian Maths Competition (1 Viewer)

maths94

HSC
Just flicking through my diary seeing the date that term 3 starts, i stumble upon the heading Australian Maths Competition. Apparently on my dairy it says it is on the August 6th (Thursday). Has any body done this from past years? Was it hard? easy? Also any past papers if possible? Thank you in advanced for reply.:jedi: btw im in year 10 (2009).

Last edited:

maths94

HSC
wat year did u do the test? and wat was ur mark? example disctinction etc.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Hi

I have done the test for the past 4 years so i know it quite well

Generally the test starts out as easy and as you work through the questions, they grow in difficulty. Just to give you an idea, most don't finish the 30 questions within the time limit. The difficulty will depend on yourself. Are you good at maths? Can you think laterally? etc.

You can usually find past papers at school or off a generous friend. OR you could just buy them off the website http://www.amtt.com.au/

btw. i average about a distinction / HD and even i find it somewhat hard

Hope that helps :)

maths94

HSC
Hi

I have done the test for the past 4 years so i know it quite well

Generally the test starts out as easy and as you work through the questions, they grow in difficulty. Just to give you an idea, most don't finish the 30 questions within the time limit. The difficulty will depend on yourself. Are you good at maths? Can you think laterally? etc.

You can usually find past papers at school or off a generous friend. OR you could just buy them off the website http://www.amtt.com.au/

btw. i average about a distinction / HD and even i find it somewhat hard

Hope that helps :)
ye im pretty good at maths...2nd in year :headbang:...also should people attempt the hard questions 1st then work down to easy?

K

khorne

No, that's silly...The easy questions are easy marks..do them first, and only if you have time, try a few of the last questions

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
I have all the AMC papers from 2002 to 2008 in all 3 levels (Junior, Intermediate and Senior) and solutions to 2008 (in Chinese =P) and 2007 (in English =)

Hypermelon

HSC
amt books are awesome

my school doesnt let people take home the booklets. well on my campus anyways

My schools seems to always schedule the year 12 retreat during the week when the amc takes place...and theyve done it again this year

Official

Bring it on
HSC
The fuck, received news from Head Teacher of Maths that I'm forced to sit the senior paper.

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
The fuck, received news from Head Teacher of Maths that I'm forced to sit the senior paper.
wtf? lol which amc paper will you do in year 12? Even though im doing year 12 maths i still get to do the intermediate paper ;P Goodluck!

x3.eddayyeeee

HSC
wtf? lol which amc paper will you do in year 12? Even though im doing year 12 maths i still get to do the intermediate paper ;P Goodluck!
same here Kurt.
However, I doubt we would have much advantage over the rest of the participants.
The questions asked have little to no relevance to high school maths curriculum. :mad1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)