The Woolworths Thread (19 Viewers)

grobsh

HSC
I'm not sure about the exact mechanics of them, but basically they are a loss prevention device. if truck door opens or whatever, this breaks the seal, since the driver will know in advance how many stops he will be making, the seal number should correspond to the right location (if that makes sense)

e.g. liquor truck is going from warehouse -> Mona Vale -> Boronia Park -> Macquarie Ryde -> Etc.

the warehouse will initially seal the truck with say seal number A06899, when it arrives at mona vale, seal is broken, and new seal is put on A06900 if it arrives at boronia park with seal number A06901 instead then you know somebody has opened the truck door and may have taken something.

Unsealed deliveries should NEVER be accepted (if they are supposed to be sealed), unless you have been advised by logistics before then, and even then you should check that nothing is missing from the truck.
SLDC trucks still use green seals, most trucks though have the electronic seals on them now. Townie is 100% correct as to company policy regarding recieving, but it really isnt that much of a big deal anymore. Logistics are notified as soon as the truck seal is broken, and the truck is not where it is supposed to be. Chances are if somebody is going to steal something, it will be either before the stock even gets on the truck, or after it has been recieved at the store.

TheGeorgia

HSC
and like the FSC and staff discount card,
do i just hand them in on the date my resignation is effective from?

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
They will just disable it soon after you resign if they don't get it.

Re: Trucks, I remember once our nightfill load was accepted by someone in the dock during the day that wasn't for us. So nightfill had unpacked all the pallets on half was on the shelf before someone found out. Nothing they could do about by then. Someone was in big trouble the next day though.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Yeah they just cancel them Georgia.

I'm not sure if you have to apply for a new one or not...as in the FSC. Hmm.

I heard about your really good call to some 70 year old teacher in class, telling him to get out, i loled.

On another note, has anyone been trained in the electronic ATMA processing? So the CSM has all these sign off sheets we have to do saying we've completed the training when no-one has any idea what to do. (e.g. we've all forgotten our citrix passwords) The 3IC was just like 'yeah, i suppose she'll tell you what to do, i dunno". Hello, it starts from tomoz, and I'm working tomorrow night.

HSC
Yeah they just cancel them Georgia.

I'm not sure if you have to apply for a new one or not...as in the FSC. Hmm.

I heard about your really good call to some 70 year old teacher in class, telling him to get out, i loled.

On another note, has anyone been trained in the electronic ATMA processing? So the CSM has all these sign off sheets we have to do saying we've completed the training when no-one has any idea what to do. (e.g. we've all forgotten our citrix passwords) The 3IC was just like 'yeah, i suppose she'll tell you what to do, i dunno". Hello, it starts from tomoz, and I'm working tomorrow night.
We have all the Citrix passwords in a notebook in one of the draws to the service desk. It doesn't look too hard, basically log in, select the mobile option, then personal use or business use, and fill in the form.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
lol, u guys are lucky, our CSM is paranoid, so the only people in our store with citrix passwords are me, CSM, SSM and 2 duty managers/

but yeah, as for the actual form, not that difficult. from what i've seen.

edit: also, if you have forgotten pw, just ring the it helpdesk, username is payroll nember, remember passwords are case sensitive, have to be at least 8 letters long with at least 1 letter and 1 number

Last edited:

danberg

HSC
well, all stores should be using the barcodes now, so there is no need for a manual button, except for scanning policy in liquor, or where the barcode is damaged and you dont want to dissection dump
lol just read this, our store still uses the manual ones all the time. we do use the printouts as well, but A LOT of manual stickers. About half of all Produce RTC are manual, and ALL DELI RTCs are manual.
We have no self-service registers, so maybe thats y we're behind the times...?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Anybody hear about only self-serve checkouts being open until 9am?

I've heard this from staff member, but not 100% sure.

Ie; There won't be any staff on the normal registers. Only self-serve will be open from 7-9am.
Not sure if it's just my store, or others.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

Ie; There won't be any staff on the normal registers. Only self-serve will be open from 7-9am.
what a fucking ridiculously stupid idea if true

TheGeorgia

HSC

I agree,
what a complete waste of time for the people who have to stand around and watch over the self-serve when it's dead,
when an influx comes in they'll be overwhelmed!

on a different note,
just got back from my last ever shift :D
most people were nice to me,
my supervisor was like awkwardly telling me what to do,
whereas normally he'd be like right, take these papers out the back... NOW.
lol, but other people like managers and co. completely gave me the cold shoulder.
hmmph.

TheGeorgia

HSC

I agree,
what a complete waste of time for the people who have to stand around and watch over the self-serve when it's dead,
when an influx comes in they'll be overwhelmed!

on a different note,
just got back from my last ever shift :D
most people were nice to me,
my supervisor was like awkwardly telling me what to do,
whereas normally he'd be like right, take these papers out the back... NOW.
lol, but other people like managers and co. completely gave me the cold shoulder.
hmmph.

HSC
lol, u guys are lucky, our CSM is paranoid, so the only people in our store with citrix passwords are me, CSM, SSM and 2 duty managers/

but yeah, as for the actual form, not that difficult. from what i've seen.

edit: also, if you have forgotten pw, just ring the it helpdesk, username is payroll nember, remember passwords are case sensitive, have to be at least 8 letters long with at least 1 letter and 1 number
Can anyone get Citrix access, or is it restricted to CSM/2IC/Smokeshop etc? Obviously not just anyone, but are the three logons that we have it, or can other supervisors get their own? Although I don't even have office access, so I must be dreaming.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
idk, i would have thought given the forms are on it now, and with EDR registrations as well, there should be enough people in the system so that all trading hours are covered with at least 1 person with access

tillllly

HSC
:burn::burn::burn::burn::burn::burn::burn::burn:

heyyyy just thought id vent about this event that recently happened
so... ive been working at woolies for almost four years now and im just about to turn 18. Ive always been a good worker and so many previous supervisors have suggested i be trained for supervisor too, however, some old stupid emotionally crippled woman with a speech problem not to mention pole up her ass gets it instead.

Ive been alright with not getting it in the past as im 'too young' and five foot two. But the other day my big manager brought up they wanted to perhaps train me for service. which is an incredible feeling. so ive been doing my best being so friendly even to the old man who suggested i dont wear pants to work..

after a few days a service cashier from my work asked me if i was upset over facebook. i said no why. and he said cause ***** got the job...

isnt there some kind of protocol where someone cant get dropped on their ass over a social networking website by a friend who had found out before the applicantttt????

surly....

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Can anyone get Citrix access, or is it restricted to CSM/2IC/Smokeshop etc? Obviously not just anyone, but are the three logons that we have it, or can other supervisors get their own? Although I don't even have office access, so I must be dreaming.
I think anyone can under CSM's discretion. All supervisors have it at my store, even me and the other girl who only sup. like once a month. Not that anyone remembers their passwords.

pokerchoker

HSC
after a few days a service cashier from my work asked me if i was upset over facebook. i said no why. and he said cause ***** got the job...

isnt there some kind of protocol where someone cant get dropped on their ass over a social networking website by a friend who had found out before the applicantttt????
I wouldn't get too worried about it. You're 18 for crissakes, surely there's more to life than Woolies :D

ALFAM

HSC
Wasn't 'WorkBrain' suppost to offer online rosters, or was that the 'epic failure' townie was talking about???

Do you know if they plan on implementing Workbrain into the stores?

Thank-you!

mlee72

HSC
Do you know if they plan on implementing Workbrain into the stores?

Thank-you!
i don't think so, but the 'Galaxy programme' is set to roll out in a phased approach over the next five years, its aim is to replace our host merchandising (CASS) with SAP software (like storeline) so i assume that we will no longer use backoffice or host access??? im not sure if people planner is part of this programme

Edit: unless there just changing the "Behind the scene software" not sure, anybody know?? (*Looks at Townie*)

mattsbox60

HSC
Hey guys, I applied for a job at woolworths last friday, I know I am impatient, but how long should I expect to wait before I receive a reply? How long did it take for you guys to get a reply when you applied for your jobs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)