Dropping to General? (3 Viewers)

0bs3n3

HSC
Ok so I've done 2U for the Prelim. year, and I've been getting 70-75's which I guess isn't too bad, but I've been reading about General and I think I could get in the high 90's there and I'm seriously torn right now as to what to do. Do you think my marks are good enough to continue?

PS: Haven't got marks back yet for yearlies so I guess it rests on that (I feel good about the test though).

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Ok so I've done 2U for the Prelim. year, and I've been getting 70-75's which I guess isn't too bad, but I've been reading about General and I think I could get in the high 90's there and I'm seriously torn right now as to what to do. Do you think my marks are good enough to continue?

PS: Haven't got marks back yet for yearlies so I guess it rests on that (I feel good about the test though).
Nope. If you are getting around 70+ in 2 unit maths, you shouldn't drop to General.

Firstly, doing general means that there are things to relearn. You don't want to waste time learning them...

Secondly, it's better off doing 2 unit, if u consider science/commerce as ur future career path.

Thirdly, general scales poorly

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Unless you can get 99%+ in general maths and you really can't improve your adv maths by at least a little bit more, do general.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
so my marks aren't 'shit'?

I think I could improve if I was more consistent with study, it's just remembering all the little things.
By some standards, your marks are shit.

But no one in their right mind would call them shit enough to drop down to standard XD

deviousgeek

The Game.
HSC
T'is a bit late to drop to general now dude, the General Maths course is VERY different to that of the 2U Maths course.

Just go over everything you've done and do heaps and heaps of past papers.

Best of luck.

mystiques4

Awesome Member
HSC
I wouldn't drop unless i were getting under 60's AND/OR couldn't handle the workload.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
DONT DROP SIR ITS A BAD THING, also LOL @ General content being VERy different. General kids way of making themselves feel smert. It's an extension of Year 8 Maths, big woop.

deviousgeek

The Game.
HSC
DONT DROP SIR ITS A BAD THING, also LOL @ General content being VERy different. General kids way of making themselves feel smert. It's an extension of Year 8 Maths, big woop.
Yes, the course is merely an extension from junior-high school maths (In fact, I'd hardly consider it maths at all), but I'm just saying that It would probably be harder to switch to General now than it would be to continue with 2U.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)