• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (9 Viewers)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
How big is your store? Public service hey... it's a pretty different ball game to woolworths!
oh we're pissant, technically 3 express, 4 full service, 1 smokeshop, 2 liquor, in reality usually it's just 1 expres and 1 full service open during daylight, and an extra full service @ night + the 1 liquor. between 260-290 k sales pw. edit: i think 59 official staff members

tbh, i probably would have stayed @ woolies as CSM, but idiots in HR didnt even think to offer me salary for it, just assumed i'd prefer the public service, which doesnt say alot about their faith in the business

bensneddon

HSC
oh we're pissant, technically 3 express, 4 full service, 1 smokeshop, 2 liquor, in reality usually it's just 1 expres and 1 full service open during daylight, and an extra full service @ night + the 1 liquor. between 260-290 k sales pw. edit: i think 59 official staff members

tbh, i probably would have stayed @ woolies as CSM, but idiots in HR didnt even think to offer me salary for it, just assumed i'd prefer the public service, which doesnt say alot about their faith in the business
That store must be relaxing!! We've got 12 full service, 2 smokeshop, 5 SCO, 6 express, 3 liquor. About 150 staff I think.

HSC
Thats pretty ridiculous. How can they expect to keep good staff with this attitude.

bensneddon

HSC
Largest store doesn't surprise me.
Also the largest stockist of HomeBrand, well, we are the 8th most bogan town in Australia. :cool:
It's probably a takeover store from the Advantage group. Joondalup is also huge and was part of the same merger.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
That store must be relaxing!! We've got 12 full service, 2 smokeshop, 5 SCO, 6 express, 3 liquor. About 150 staff I think.
idk, it looks on paper easier than it actually is, being small presents its problems. e.g. if it's somebody's birthday party 80% of the checkout staff call in sick, there's less people to call for express alerts, if the SSM is away nobody orders plastic bags, it can get unexpectedly quite busy without support, at lunch time half the staff is actually at lunch, when it's normal, yeah it is easy, but i think at the extreme's it is a LOT harder than a normal store.'

anywhoo, bedtime methinks, night woolworthians

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Oh, tonight one of the other supervisors asked our SSM what the Phoenix in Project Phoenix actually stood for. He had no idea. Any propositions?

No work tomorrow :p
Phoenix....rising from the ashes something something? :p

FUCK, why am I awake :(
I have to go to work :(

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC

...Wow, really?
DAYUM...
(We get less than 1.1 or 1.2 million and get killed :p)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Lol, me not sleeping much is pretty lol.

Photo mood.

Lol I think my boss just rocked up outside. k3k3k3k3.

Otacon2009

HSC
Which leads me to the question: Who has got the current uniform and not the striped one? I noticed that unlike the shift from white to green, the uptake of the new logo uniform is low.Is it not mandatory? At my store, the =Woolworths= uniform is still in the majority. I'm surprised my store manager hasn't got one yet. I guess SMs are not always out to yell FIRST!

BSammy

HSC
i'm in 2 minda about phoenix. i think the idea is good, but i think the execution has been shithouse, minimal involvement from regional and area offices, and it seems now to just be an excuse to cut SMS hours from non-trade. because frankly, Office and Systems people do a lot of things that wilst, they arent specifially hired to do, they do anyway
Yeah, I'm actually only got 20 cash office hours a week now. Which isn't very good as I was brought into cash office to learn how to do the whole job so I can relieve the main cash office lady for holidays, and when she retires.
She said we'll sneak an extra day here and there, but I'm not holding my breath.

i know they were MEANT to, doesnt mean they did. at the original launch meeting they definately gave the impression that they would basically be checking in every week, the impression i got of the ACTUAL process was they basically stuck some stuff on storenet, and just let the store's handle it themselves, with the area people just getting involve at the beginning and end.
Same experience here, which really frustrated everyone involved. Including the bad timing of it all, re my cash office training, also our systems operator is going on maternity leave a week after we go live.
The girl replacing her has only recently been trained for systems, and has had to do the phoenix training for cash office also.
It's just a big mess. Which HR and SSS just don't seem to give a shit about.

Also, if anyone cares, Region 4 area 5. 7008

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
I noticed that unlike the shift from white to green, the uptake of the new logo uniform is low.Is it not mandatory? At my store, the =Woolworths= uniform is still in the majority.
I think stores will probably get the new shirts as they are refurbished. All staff at my store received the new shirts when we were rebranded from SAFEWAY to WOOLWORTHS.

LOL its been nine months now, yet everyone I know still calls it SAFEWAY.

I called spotless yesterday and asked about getting some more shirts (because I only have the two that were provided to me for free) and she said they had none in my size and didn't know when they would. Typically, they are always out of my size whenever I enquire about them.

Oh, and Region 5, Area 3, 3167 :p

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Which leads me to the question: Who has got the current uniform and not the striped one? I noticed that unlike the shift from white to green, the uptake of the new logo uniform is low.Is it not mandatory? At my store, the =Woolworths= uniform is still in the majority. I'm surprised my store manager hasn't got one yet. I guess SMs are not always out to yell FIRST!
In Victoria, we have several uniforms we are allowed to wear:

Safeway Shirt/black vest
Woolworths shirt (the text shirt) (wixxy2348 shirt in her picture)
Woolworths shirt (Green apple logo shirt) (latest shirt)

Then we are getting the new one soon apparently.
I have the text shirt

yoddle

is cool
HSC
The new logo-ed shirt is not mandatory, and uptake might be low because it looks ridiculous and clashes horribly.

Speaking of rank, i have seen supervisors at others stores who wear their green vest over the top of their black jumpers, its terrible! Such a crime of fashion.

And, to complain a little more, a few months ago i asked the CSM to only put me on on ONE weekend day every second weekend, e.g. w/e 1: sat & sun, w/e 2: mon & sat, w/e 3: sat & sun etc.

This weeks hours:
MON: 16:30 - 18:30 supvsn, 18:30 - 22:00 op
SAT: 09:00 - 18:30
SUN: 07:00 - 17:00
!!!!!!!!!
This is the norm.
I have talked to her about it already. I only get weekends off if I specifically request them.
But e.g. this week, I got zero hours even though I was available nearly all of today. It's one extreme to the other.

Not cool with exams coming up and folios/IPs due.

Although I love her cos on my transfer appraisal she gave me 'exceeds expectations' in every criteria.

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
The new logo-ed shirt is not mandatory, and uptake might be low because it looks ridiculous and clashes horribly.

Speaking of rank, i have seen supervisors at others stores who wear their green vest over the top of their black jumpers, its terrible! Such a crime of fashion.
LOL. I have never actually seen the supervisor 'vest'. Doesn't seem to exist at my store. I actually like the new logo on the shirts...just wish it would actually say "WOOLWORTHS" on the shirt so that customers don't ask, "Where am I?" when they get to the checkout.

Harry778

HSC
LOL. I have never actually seen the supervisor 'vest'. Doesn't seem to exist at my store. I actually like the new logo on the shirts...just wish it would actually say "WOOLWORTHS" on the shirt so that customers don't ask, "Where am I?" when they get to the checkout.
When I take my photo I'll put the green vest on =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)