Sexism against guys... (3 Viewers)

ay0_x

HSC
No. He should do whatever it takes, and no more, to defend himself.

Retaliatory violence is best left to six year olds and the Middle East.
Him defending himself is hardly going to teach her a lesson.

ay0_x

HSC
It's not up to him to teach her a lesson. He isn't a parental figure or the legal system.
Obviously, in this regard, both have failed.

Scenario: I know a girl who's about 5'8 and 100 kilos. Her boyfriend is the same height, weighs around 70. They both hit each other: she's always the first to throw a punch. And she's the one who comes to school crying "OMG MY BOYFRIEND HIT ME HOW COULD HE I'M A GIRL".

I'm against violence no matter who's the perpetrator, but I absolutely cannot stand the mindset that a guy shouldn't touch a woman because she's a "woman". Not only is it unfair to him, it's incredibly patronising to women, assuming that they're weak, fragile and need to be handled with care.

HSC
No. He should do whatever it takes, and no more, to defend himself.
That's essentially what I meant...I was being too absolutist before...

I resent the idea that a man should *never* hit a woman because what if they do need to defend themselves but they just stand there and take it because of how they've been brought up? How is that fair?

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
I'd say sexism against men exists, in a sense, as the expectation of certain behaviours, attitudes and roles that men should undertake.

The prejudice in society that exists against men who are considered lacking in traditional masculine qualities such as a predilection to physical violence, men who hold alternative ways of thinking, speaking, acting or dressing, the expectation that men shouldn't discuss feelings and should generally remain closed and defensive against others.

This leads to substantial problems with mental health among men. It isn't institutionalized, but it's a problem socially.

Napstar

Banned
HSC
Obviously, in this regard, both have failed.

Scenario: I know a girl who's about 5'8 and 100 kilos. Her boyfriend is the same height, weighs around 70. They both hit each other: she's always the first to throw a punch. And she's the one who comes to school crying "OMG MY BOYFRIEND HIT ME HOW COULD HE I'M A GIRL".

I'm against violence no matter who's the perpetrator, but I absolutely cannot stand the mindset that a guy shouldn't touch a woman because she's a "woman". Not only is it unfair to him, it's incredibly patronising to women, assuming that they're weak, fragile and need to be handled with care.
They both sound incredibly fucking retarded and should be sterilized ASAP tbh and this example is a shit example. It's just two fat spastics having fatty slaps.

Any domestic violence is wrong, and if a woman hits a man and the man isn't man enough to walk way, then there is no excuse. Hitting her back because she hit first is fucking spasticated. Adults don't go slap for slap, they walk away (except in the case of severe domestic violence, obvs)

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
Stop attempting to discuss political matters at all ever, you're embarrassing yourself.

In answer to the question, I don't accept that there is a widespread movement of "feminists" that actively promote hatred of men. This idea is primarily the paranoid, entirely inaccurate interpretation of feminism expressed by idiots that don't understand it.

Feminism is not about men. It IS about working to end the marginalisation of women within society.
what a wonderful man.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
I'd say sexism against men exists, in a sense, as the expectation of certain behaviours, attitudes and roles that men should undertake.

The prejudice in society that exists against men who are considered lacking in traditional masculine qualities such as a predilection to physical violence, men who hold alternative ways of thinking, speaking, acting or dressing, the expectation that men shouldn't discuss feelings and should generally remain closed and defensive against others.

This leads to substantial problems with mental health among men. It isn't institutionalized, but it's a problem socially.

This exactly. There is certainly a problem in society with gender stereotyping, but it's not some sort of retaliatory feminist reaction or whatever the OP was trying to suggest... :confused:

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC

A problem created almost entirely by other men.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A

I definately prefer men with traditionally masculine traits ( Though I wouldnt say that they are necessarily the ones you specified), I certainly never EXPECT them though. They are so rare.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
I definately prefer men with traditionally masculine traits ( Though I wouldnt say that they are necessarily the ones you specified), I certainly never EXPECT them though. They are so rare.
The chivalrous knight in shining armour. I like masculine men too, but not the domineering, obsessive I is better than you type.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
dieburndie said:
A problem created almost entirely by other men.
how so? you can't make accusations like that without evidence.

Furthermoere,
Men's health - Better Health Channel.

We need to stick up for ourselves, as our lives will be considerably shorter than the life of the average woman. Mistreatment of women is almost always correlated with enjoyment by men. I therefore advocate the mistreatment of women, so as to enable men to lead more enjoyable lives, since their lives will be shorter in the long term.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
how so? you can't make accusations like that without evidence.

Furthermoere,
Men's health - Better Health Channel.

We need to stick up for ourselves, as our lives will be considerably shorter than the life of the average woman. Mistreatment of women is almost always correlated with enjoyment by men. I therefore advocate the mistreatment of women, so as to enable men to lead more enjoyable lives, since their lives will be shorter in the long term.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)