Sexism against guys... (1 Viewer)

HSC
I was watching Q&A the other day, and Germaine Greer was going on about the oppressive nature of marriage etc. And it got me thinking...everyone mostly talks about sexism in relation to women...but what about guys? What do people think about society's perception of males etc? Has feminism been interpreted in such extreme ways that it is now detrimental to guys? Also, does anyone know anything about laws etc that could be considered sexist against males?

Last edited:

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
feminism means equality, people have hijacked the word and now everyone is terrified of admitting they're a feminist...

Jeee

Banned
HSC
Didn't you hear?

Men are incompetent pigs.
/quotingthegeneralfemalepopulace

Albertingu

HSC
Womans shoold be treeted equal to mans. Bible say "Be careful if you make a woman cry, because god counts her tears. the woman came out of man's rib. Not from his feet to be walked on. Not from his head to be superior, but from his side to be his equal. Under his arm to be protected and next to his heart to be loved." So equal fair. But i not like ugly one like some. They take to far now i thinks. My gurlfrend think feminims gud and she gud looking so shoold not staireotipe feminims

Jeee

Banned
HSC
Womans shoold be treeted equal to mans. Bible say "Be careful if you make a woman cry, because god counts her tears. the woman came out of man's rib. Not from his feet to be walked on. Not from his head to be superior, but from his side to be his equal. Under his arm to be protected and next to his heart to be loved." So equal fair. But i not like ugly one like some. They take to far now i thinks. My gurlfrend think feminims gud and she gud looking so shoold not staireotipe feminims
buh sombodeh tell may that all the mens are not veh good, you know?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
I was watching Q&A the other day, and Germaine Greer was going on about the oppressive nature of marriage etc. And it got me thinking...everyone mostly talks about sexism in relation to women...but what about guys? What do people think about society's perception of males etc? Is feminism been interpreted in such extreme ways that it is now detrimental to guys? Also, does anyone know anything about laws etc that could be considered sexist against males?
you are a fucking idiot

ay0_x

HSC
I hate the stupid

"guys should never hit girls" bs.

Uhm if the bitch hits you first
you need to smack her.

The enddddddd.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
equality between men and women plz.

THIS INCLUDES JAIL SENTENCES and who gets to keep the kids after divorces.

spyborg

HSC
N/A
I hate the stupid

"guys should never hit girls" bs.

Uhm if the bitch hits you first
you need to smack her.

The enddddddd.
lol i would be surprised if this wasn't a joke for obvious reasons.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
equality between men and women plz.

THIS INCLUDES JAIL SENTENCES and who gets to keep the kids after divorces.
This is almost completely fair now - the system has been fixed up a great deal... Well in the case of my parents it was. The deal was up to how much Dad wanted me and my sister and he didn't care so we chose it'd be when we wanted...

Now, I barely ever see or visit him (but he was a violent man so he kinda deserves loneliness in some ways - but I do feel bad some times for not visiting).

ay0_x

HSC
lol i would be surprised if this wasn't a joke for obvious reasons.
i'm not joking.

now i've nveer hit a guy so it doesnt apply to me.
but if i did i'd expect him to hit me back.

only fair.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
No mang.
One of my life's goals is to slap a guy (like they do in films) and walk away, leaving him stunned/scarred. If he was going to hit me back that'd just destroy everything I've lived for.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
I had a laugh at the suggestion that women be allowed to play in the main AFL league. Not because i'm sexist(make me a sandwich), but because the amount of contact in the game would bring even further cries of sexism and most of all violence against women. Then the games rules itself would have to be changed to tone down any contact so the womans groups don't complain of violence to women(when in fact it would be to everyone). Which would of course just ruin the game. Theres a female league for a reason!

So yes feminism now is getting way too extreme, as well as political correctness. Holy shit baa baa rainbow sheep?!?!
Stop attempting to discuss political matters at all ever, you're embarrassing yourself.

In answer to the question, I don't accept that there is a widespread movement of "feminists" that actively promote hatred of men. This idea is primarily the paranoid, entirely inaccurate interpretation of feminism expressed by idiots that don't understand it.

Feminism is not about men. It IS about working to end the marginalisation of women within society.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)