Sexism against guys... (1 Viewer)

Pace_T

HSC
women shouldnt get paid maternity leave at all.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The other day I walked past my local Ruby's frozen custard stall and I was appauled. Then I noticed something out of the ordinary in that the staff were wearing degradingly hot-pink uniforms and that brazziers had been pegged all over the shop.
a-Disgusting.

jiminymacca

HSC
Atm, I only care about how they've changed school syllabuses to cater more towards girls. Taking something like physics and shoving 80% of the exam full of theory is bullshit.

Garygaz

HSC
I love how drunk sex rape is always the man's fault

GMcGovern

HSC
I love how drunk sex rape is always the man's fault
Isn't it sexist against women to say this? I mean think about it. Claiming that when a man and a woman both have sex while drunk, that the man is still able to consent to sex whilst a woman isn't? That sounds like they think that men are better than women.

Regret =/= Rape

Back to the point though, extreme feminism does promote the vilification of men. There is no debate.
For matters of divorce, I believe that the resources should be spli according to who gets the kids, as well as who brings what to the table. Chucking a Heather Mills should never be acceptable.
As for maternity leave, I believe that it is important for a mother to raise the child in the first few years, but the father should also be present as it is just as much his child as it is her's. Even if it comes from her body.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
don't be silly it's not that the woman is less able it's that she's SUBDUED by the male EGO

im_not_random

HSC
I don't think men and women are equal - they are different. I do think bias against women and men based just upon their gender is wrong.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It seems to me very postmodern to determine gender equality based on power and authority alone - female presidents, priests, ceos etc as being aim. We should all determine our equality based on its source; the equality of love that God created us with and sacrificed His son for. Talking about equality in any other sense makes no sense.

When we are equal in God's eyes and God's love, then we no longer need to be divided over earthly power, but united in the divine love that is God. It is out of love that the wife runs a household and surrenders a glamerous career - not chains of slavery that she is told she must break out of and thereby destroy the family, cause misery to all stakeholders for the sake of her own vanity.

The popular notion of 'Women's lib' really is satan's fib. It is the same lie, the same catechism of evil of Eden; Did God really tell you not to eat the forbidden fruit? (ie God is a liar) If you eat the fruit you shall not die, but have your eyes opened (ie you can be gods). We should not surrender to satan's whispers, not allow him to stroke our ego, but rather always strive to give ourselves to eachother, be subject to one another, serve our brothers and sisters, deny ourselves. This is love and this is happiness. Everything else is pure death.

HSC
When we are equal in God's eyes and God's love, then we no longer need to be divided over earthly power, but united in the divine love that is God.
May I just point out the irony of this statement in light of your views on homosexuals?

HSC
fair enough
but my point was more that cancers should be funded according to the fatality rate (hence economix concerns) of the cancer, rather than on an emotional campaign.
consider also that men get cancer more often than women, and compare that to the funding for breast cancer

i haven't really looked at the specifics of the funding - i just think breat cancer gets a little more than its fair share of the money pie
I think the problem lies with our perception of men, partly...the idea that they shouldn't be weak, shouldn't need to seek help etc. Our ideas about men, imo, are just as important as our ideas about women, which is why I think we should be just as aware of them (therefore, the whole point of my original post).

But there *is* growing awareness/funding...i.e. Mo-vember. The very fact that many people here *know* that there are specific problems for men shows that people *are* aware. Also, if you go to doctor's surgeries etc, there are often posters, pamphlets, mags all aimed at men and ensuring awareness for things like testicular cancer and men's depression. There are also men who come out and talk about health problems, like Lance Armstrong and Daniel Johns.

Also, would just like to point out that married men live longer than single men, so I don't think that their problems are related to that.

Department of Health & Ageing -Marriage Increases Life Expectancy

lolliepop2

HSC
There is some level of sexism to men, but mainly to women. If a women claims a man raped her everyone would most likely believe her and have bad feelings towards the guy she accused. But if the guy accused a female of raping him not many will believe him, like from that movie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)