• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Sexism against guys... (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Depression in men - Better Health Channel.

Causes of depression
Factors that can contribute to depression in men include:

* Using drugs and alcohol
* Physical health problems
* Relationship problems
* Employment problems
* Social isolation
* Significant change in living arrangements (for example separation or divorce).

3 of those are directly caused by women, with a further 1 mebbe being caused by womens

sexism is alive and well, but it is hidden. whereas the man beat the woman with the hawt whack of the fist, the woman kills the man through torment, divorce, the sack and social isolation! awful. we must rise up through our shackles and defeat the bosom!

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
I definately prefer men with traditionally masculine traits ( Though I wouldnt say that they are necessarily the ones you specified), I certainly never EXPECT them though. They are so rare.
I'd be interested to know what these traits you prefer are exactly?

I suspect many of the 'masculine' traits you're thinking of are probably humanist traits. Things like kindness, loyalty, honesty etc... Equally as valued in a women as a man.

There's nothing wrong with being prejudiced in favor of those traits.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
There is definitely sexism against men. Likewise, there is still sexism against women. As long as there are differences, there will be judgement to some degree. Humans are flawed and susceptable to bias, thus, we cannot remove it as a society, we can only minimise its impacts and occurances.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
There is definitely sexism against men. Likewise, there is still sexism against women. As long as there are differences, their will be judgement to some degree. Humans are flawed and susceptable to bias, thus, we cannot remove it as a society, we can only minimise its impacts and occurances.
wow what insight. what doesn't the hsc teach these days eh? :cake:

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Alright you tell me what we should do about this. Idiot.
It's a matter of what you should stop doing.

how so? you can't make accusations like that without evidence.
Yes I can. Of all the statements made in NCAP, and particularly in a thread like this, why does that one need to be accompanied by evidence?

Also, nice trolling.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
wow what insight. what doesn't the hsc teach these days eh? :cake:
Eh. All I did was 'generic statement' 101. I'm over the whole feminist, mysoginist etc. debate. I've got a presentation to do on it next week, and just tired of the reseach for it.

Myself, I'm probably post-feminist...

EDIT:

I'm guessing you've studied feminist thought at uni? Or does ride operating teach you that?
lol. Nebuchanezzar partially right though. I have done enough feminist studies (as part of Dramaturgy) at uni to have contirbuted more than I did. :)

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
dieburndie said:
Yes I can. Of all the statements made in NCAP, and particularly in a thread like this, why does that one need to be accompanied by evidence?
they all do obvs.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
learned some feminist crap in uni english a few times. i found it boring so i took some more chem subjects :)
Depends how they approach it I guess. I'm doing it from a theatrical perspective, which isn't too bad.

JamesCohen

HSC
I was watching Q&A the other day, and Germaine Greer was going on about the oppressive nature of marriage etc. And it got me thinking...everyone mostly talks about sexism in relation to women...but what about guys? What do people think about society's perception of males etc? Is feminism been interpreted in such extreme ways that it is now detrimental to guys? Also, does anyone know anything about laws etc that could be considered sexist against males?
I do completely agree with your point, a lot of emphasis is put on women in relation to sexism. A few weeks ago we were discussing this in legal studies and for some reason the majority of the girls in our class believed Men deserve less rights than Women, for one reason, because the oppression on them (Women) that they have suffered over the many hundreds of years....

So just putting it out there now, is the current education system turning the majority of its female students into feminists? I mean I’m all for equality but is what the current education system teaching producing a whole bunch of feminists who all believe that men are all sexist and oppressors.

Are the scales turning on Men and soon we’ll see the opposite effect? Where all Men are oppressed? Hmm…

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
James Cohen said:
So just putting it out there now, is the current education system turning the majority of its female students into feminists? I mean I’m all for equality but is what the current education system teaching producing a whole bunch of feminists who all believe that men are all sexist and oppressors.
I've noticed that it happens to turn the majority of male students exposed to that into anti-feminists. Equality.

JamesCohen

HSC
I've noticed that it happens to turn the majority of male students exposed to that into anti-feminists. Equality.
Yea, I know what you mean. Why cant we simply "forget" about the past, move on and teach Equality.... to the best extent we can

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)