Do you lose marks for having 2 related texts? (2 Viewers)

Arsey-Darcy

HSC
Re: Called up Board of Studies regarding 2 related texts

I'm not saying it's your fault.

After thirteen years of being prepared for 2 and having the HSC question as 2 related, you would think it's a given.
evidently, you'd be wrong.

the hsc is meant to estimate your capacity for studying at a tertiary institution and ultimately gaining employment. surely an employer would prefer somone who didn't make wild assumptions and instead read and looked at the information before them.

if anything, your ability to do that is far more important than your knowledge of shakespeare and jane austen.

Nuclear

HSC

Settle down,

I wasn't attacking people who had a prepared answer, I was saying that those with a prepared answer (having two related), may have been less flexible and more likely to skip over the captialised ONE.

The maths analogy, was merely a way of trying to compare. You didn't have to go pull a full blown analysis.

I'm truly sorry if I offended you.
No, don't you apologise.

I'M sorry, lol.

It just pisses me off to no end when people come in and make sweeping generalisations, especially considering that, in my case at least, it is completely wrong.

audioxdoll

HSC

I wrote ONE even though i had prepared two.
yet i actually read the question and did not hold onto the fact that just because we have been asked to use two throughout the year that using ONE is unfair and wrong. The purpose of the essay is to assess us by doing what the question asks. How can somone be assessed fairly if the main point of the question (which was in capital letters) was disregarded and instead two texts were used.?
If you didnt read the question then maybe you have learnt a lesson... but dont bitch it just cause your desperately hoping it wont affect your mark. I dont think people who used two extra texts should LOSE marks but i do think that their second text should be disregarded, just as they have disregarded the question.

Stanman

Baka!
HSC
It's up to the marker's discretion really.

Some person mentioned a good half essay, followed about something to do with dolphins and they wouldn't get "penalised". This is obviously not necessarily true (interesting example, but whatever).

It's the marker's decision for YOUR mark. If you wrote a good essay, they felt it was good then they're like "well! here you go Band 6".

If you feel you wrote a good, memorised essay, then had something about dolphins at the end because you were surprised by the one related text question, it doesn't mean you will necessarily lose OR gain marks. It's up to the marker to decide (different marker's may like dolphins...?)

Just my 2c.

Bit interesting how so many people did two RT though, just because their memorised essay's required them. Just chop out some shit and work on the basic idea of your memorised essay. Thank Christ i listened to my teachers for 2 years "READ THE QUESTION" every day on the board (exaggeration but you get my point).

youngminii

Banned
HSC

Okay all these people were arguing two pages ago
Now everyone's sucking each other's dicks
(I'm gonna get banned for this, I can sense it)

jet

Banned
HSC
Why are you guys still fighting over this?

I'm sure the markers will have, by now, been informed of our plight. So, when they get round to marking the exam, they will decide on the appropriate action.

There's nothing you can do now.

aeiss

HSC

Nuclear: I can't be bothered multi-quoting, so here goes.

1. Your girlfriend looks like a tree.
2. You're creating irrational arguments with false "logic" to make up for the fact that you screwed up, yet you won't admit to it.
3. You didn't read the question, and thought yourself above the paper set by the examiners.
4. You lose.

chistar

HSC
N/A

Stop arguing and go study for English Paper 2 XP

Oh, and some words of advice for tomorrow's paper- if the question asks for ONE related text, then write ONE (not two)

ijaz101

Lord
HSC

THIS IS

UNFAIR

IF YOU CANT READ THE FRIGGIN QUESTION YOU SHOULD NOT BE ENTITLED TO THE POSSIBILITY BETTER MARKS

"POSITIVE MARKING"

THIS IS A FLAPPING DISGRACE, A FLAMING PILE OF BULLTURDS.

tl;dr if you can't read its your own fucking fault stop whinging, the people who can read should not be disadvantaged because of "consideration" for the people who "prepared" beforehand and in a moment of arrogance declined to read the question properly.

flap off.
+1

THIS IS FUCKEN BS!

for every other subject if you don't read the question, u get penalised (biology is a great example) if they say ONE text, its ridiculous if u don't get penalised. Tough fuckin luck if u ignored the question. WHAT THE F*** MAKES ENGLISH DIFFERENT TO ANY OTHER SUBJECT. its such an annoying subject and to have issues like this that would disadvantage some1 like me... im appaled

:chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw:

Heshy

HSC

english aint fkn bio or some shit like that

closest u can compare it to is history : you fulfill the requirements u get marks.
the more requirements u satsify the more marks u get
thus if u write more words than another person ur "likely" to recieve a higher mark
however consider using another additional texts a repeating your self using synonyms, ull limit urself in gaining marks however nevertheless you will gain a few marks

the issue that is present when using 2 related texts, is u loose like 5mins?
so if you could wrote more than 1000 words and used 2 additional texts ull be considered for a person who used 1 additional text and did 900 words, so dont say omg its bs cause u do get a 100 word handicap on us, however cause i see u cant even spell fucking im pretty sure ill still beat u ;)

rant

&&&&&&&&
HSC

pls stop hurting me youse guys

Kid B

HSC

I cant believe the stupidity of all the people trying to support the fact they did 2 related texts by referring to the "variety of texts" mentioned in the rubric.

So by that thinking if the question asked for two related texts then I can write about just one and because of the prescribed text as well its ok cause its 2 texts hence 'variety'.

stupid.

F M L

HSC

That's bullshit. I could have written 2 related, but I read the fucking question! It clearly said ONE, so penalise the retards

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

That's bullshit. I could have written 2 related, but I read the fucking question! It clearly said ONE, so penalise the retards
Tough shit. They're not penalising people that did two related texts.

F M L

HSC

Tough shit. They're not penalising people that did two related texts.
I realise that. I'll repeat, it's bullshit, you retard

kaiisons

HSC

Its a simple case of not answering what the question asked.

You answer what the question says? I am sure you have been taught to underline operative or important parts of the question and fully understand it. Not answer what you think the question says, because this is what you have prepared, you have to adapt what you have prepared to the question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)