• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Which Subjects Best to keep (1 Viewer)

Which Subject to drop????

• Business Studies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Economics

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Modern History

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukrainean Continuers

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

nazarik1

HSC
Hi , i have a true dilemma , i don't now which subjects to drop or keep for 2010?

I'm doing:

English ADV
Maths Extension
Modern History
Economics
Legal Studies
Business Studies
Ukrainian Continuers

My first problem than I'm not that great at English , but the atar states in their info page that English is placed on one graph and scaled together. Is 80-90 in standard better than 70-80 in advanced.

The second is that i love history, business and economics, but im 2/30 is modern hsitotry -86% and 6/30 for economics -82% and 8/70 ,business studies - 85%.
I have 15 units which should i drop to excell my mARKS :shoot:need 95.85 atar

elmoateme

HSC
At least drop to 12 units. What are your marks like in ukrainian? Also you didn't mention liking legal so you could definetely drop that to start with. You dont want to do heaps of units come trials, or even worse come the HSC. Doing 4 units this year was painful enough.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Drop Legal, kep the rest. As for English, don't drop, it's MUCH MUCH harder to get 80-90 in Standard as compared to 70-80 in Advanced. If you're getting 70-80 in Advanced it's likely you'd get 60-70 in Standard (negative aligning).

_j-sbugs_24

HSC
Drop Legal, kep the rest. As for English, don't drop, it's MUCH MUCH harder to get 80-90 in Standard as compared to 70-80 in Advanced. If you're getting 70-80 in Advanced it's likely you'd get 60-70 in Standard (negative aligning).
thats not right. someone getting 80% in adv english could easily maintain a high band 5 in standard english in the hsc. its much harder to get these same results in advanced though, obviously, because it's a harder course. otherwise there would be no point to standard english if you were going to get lower marks by dropping down.

+1 drop legal

boxhunter91

HSC
thats not right. someone getting 80% in adv english could easily maintain a high band 5 in standard english in the hsc. its much harder to get these same results in advanced though, obviously, because it's a harder course. otherwise there would be no point to standard english if you were going to get lower marks by dropping down.

+1 drop legal
Actually it is easier. Standard is really hard to get band 5. Advanced is much easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)