• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

SS-champion

HSC
I've been working at Woolies parttime for 3 years now, in a variety of roles, and have been reading this thread for a month or two. Finally getting around to posting!I was wondering, does anyone else have an issue with their checkouts going REALLY slow? It started about 2 years ago, some started slowing down- with a lag on the screen, and an extreme lag when printing receipts. Slowly they were all getting worse. We then had a refit, and all the checkouts were miraculously fast again. Now, a year and a bit since the refit, they have been slowing down again. Some are absolutely terrible, the receipt takes up to a minute to print, and putting fruit and veges through is a nightmare. Some are just a bit slow, and others are unaffected. Is it just my store, or does it happen everywhere? Also, does anyone have any ideas about why it happens?
This usually happens to us in summer when the registers get too hot. Basically all you can do is make sure that the air vents are not blocked on the computer of the register and it's not dusty... rebooting doesn't really help.Being on a slow register is the worst!!

melli-girl

HSC
hey guys!I just got invited to a group interview on wednesday for woolworths supermarket, and I am so scared!There's activities in groups, pairs and then a numeracy/literacy test! It also says I have to dress as I would for a traditional one on one.. what kinds of clothes does that mean??anyone have advice?? (can u tell im nervous? lol)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
hey guys!I just got invited to a group interview on wednesday for woolworths supermarket, and I am so scared!There's activities in groups, pairs and then a numeracy/literacy test! It also says I have to dress as I would for a traditional one on one.. what kinds of clothes does that mean??anyone have advice?? (can u tell im nervous? lol)
I wouldn't worry, lol. I got the job after going to the group interview AND the second 1on1 interview in nothing but casual cloths. There's no real testing involved. The numeracy testing is matching barcode numbers to see how well you can match without errors, and that's all. You do a group activity which involves your group prioritizing a list of "things". Pretty simple, although I was nervous about it before hand.

Treefeet

HSC
fucking self serve! Many problems yesturday! First the note acceptor got jammed, the the coin acceptor. Then we ran out of change on two of them cos the fucker in the office didnt do a change order in the night. Thats why they get rostered on for an extra half an hour! So it took 2 hours for them to do the change filled them up with change, but the office lady had wayyyy to many 20c coins and they kept jamming! FUCK! I rang her when she was doing it to tell her to only fill half way but she didnt listen. Then I couldn't fix the fucking note acceptor so I rang IT now it'll be 24 hours till they get there to fix it. And I was meant to be night supervisor, spent the whole fucking time on self fucking serve! Nothing got fucking done! Fucking 2IC says to me today, what where you doing last night? WHY the fuck are these people on SS if they cant fucking do it them selves! FUCKING!!!!! (lol)
im sorry but i had to laugh at that.. i feel bad.. ehehe umm with the note acceptor, that is easy to fix just pull the yellow bit off and then pull the note out. if you break it, just say the dm did it. works for me :p oh the coin acceptor is always fucked for us. its not like you can tell the customers notes only thanks.. You should have told her.. if the people on SS had training.. we wouldn't all be standing here like a pack of ducks. Cos no one from my store has had any training.. so if it breaks.. break it some more and then call I.T :D and then wait for them to come out and fix it,

BSammy

HSC
Argh, i hate EFT balancing issues.
me too WBS was out this morning, you guys must have jynxed it. Turns out the wednesday cashier fucked up fixing the unbalanced eft. Had to reverse all her short/overbanks and fix them with he right amounts. And my morning was going so smooth!!! At least our SSS has approved our pheonix rosters now, all i need to do is decide what front end shifts i want to work, and hope the CSM or 2IC signs the roster i made.

Craven

HSC
Haha, sorry :p
Our WBS balanced.... WOOHOO!! we did a little dance ^_^

but we have run out of $5 notes as the other cashier isn't used to ordering with the SCOs now so we have a shitload of $10 notes and no $5s lol...

Harry778

HSC
Office is also annoying me. Fucking safe is never balanced! Idiots up there have no idea what to do. Dont worry, Harry will do it. Only 4 days till holidayss!! So excited =D My CSM was like 'when you get back the serious thing will be happening' I have no idea what that even means aye?!

Going to Bali for 3 weeks =D

Craven

HSC
OHH, jealous, hate you... lol. I booked off holidays in November, but need the weekend off before and thought it would be cool but the other cashier that normally works weekends quit last month and the other two cashiers have holidays booked off that week so it's just me and the office manager (they still haven't announced the SSO for some reason) so I'm like... "pretty please do the weekend for me, love you forever!!!" lol...

yoddle

is cool
HSC
me too WBS was out this morning, you guys must have jynxed it. Turns out the wednesday cashier fucked up fixing the unbalanced eft. Had to reverse all her short/overbanks and fix them with he right amounts. And my morning was going so smooth!!! At least our SSS has approved our pheonix rosters now, all i need to do is decide what front end shifts i want to work, and hope the CSM or 2IC signs the roster i made.
Project Phoenix is fucked.
The night cashier hasn't gone on time YET in the week we've had it. Change always running out and now nighttime jobs never get done.

And semi-related, on Sat night the cash office woman somehow managed to full on lock lock the safe. Not like day lock but unopenable.
The night supvsr and dm were there til 1.30am.

HSC
Remember that old smokeshop vest we once talked about. well I finally saw a pic today...in my macroeconomics book. lol. made me think of you Harry :)

Otacon, I won't get exam leave this semester either. I'm about last on the priority list due to Year 12 exams and two teaching pracs.

HSC
navy blue it looks like.

actually, just taken another look, it has the ezybanking logo on it, so is that something else altogether?

meh, i'm out of it tonight. did a shit job of deep cleaning, csm will probably castrate me tomorrow.

BSammy

HSC
Project Phoenix is fucked.
The night cashier hasn't gone on time YET in the week we've had it. Change always running out and now nighttime jobs never get done.
We only do one change order run a day, about 10am ish.
Front end can cope, there's always the draws they never use which get change orders the size of the most used draws. Fucking use them for a change, stop whining about not having enough change, use some Lane Accountability, like you are supposed to.

and you suck for having a night cashier :p . Apart from on the weekend, the latest anyone will be in cash is 6pm, to do the final pick up for the day.
Packing up draws and everything else will be the fronts responsibility, and it's up to them to roster enough people to get the job done.

I think I'm mainly annoyed that i only have 20 hours cash office a week, the rest is all front end.
Any opinions as to how much I will hate this roster?

week 1 - 42 Hours
week 2 - 46 Hours
week 3 - 20 Hours
week 4 - 44 Hours

Craven

HSC
We only do one change order run a day, about 10am ish.
Front end can cope, there's always the draws they never use which get change orders the size of the most used draws. Fucking use them for a change, stop whining about not having enough change, use some Lane Accountability, like you are supposed to.

and you suck for having a night cashier :p . Apart from on the weekend, the latest anyone will be in cash is 6pm, to do the final pick up for the day.
Packing up draws and everything else will be the fronts responsibility, and it's up to them to roster enough people to get the job done.

I think I'm mainly annoyed that i only have 20 hours cash office a week, the rest is all front end.
Any opinions as to how much I will hate this roster?

week 1 - 42 Hours
week 2 - 46 Hours
week 3 - 20 Hours
week 4 - 44 Hours
That roster is shit. But actually, wish I could work more than 38 hours in a week... I get 38 hours and that's with 3 days working 3 hours (my roster is really fucked at the moment, like working 10 days in a row with 1 day off etc).

Most of the older supervisors order WAY too much change... when I go down to do the final spotcheck there will be at least 5 bundles each of 10s and 5s.. completely unnecessary! I try and strip them on the weekend but then they just order them all back again. They don't need $1000+ in a draw. Let's bring back the start with a $200 float, haha!

What time is your store open? We're 8am-9pm, and before phoenix we'd have a night cashier from 6.30-9.30 but now we've sort of just pushed it forward so the night cashier works 4.30-7.30... but I think we are getting proper phoenix rosters soon... supposed to be implemented by next week, isn't it?

HSC
When I strip the tills on Saturday/Sunday, I leave no more than $400 in notes. Usually 5 x 20, 20 x 10, 20 x 5.

Shits me when I work Mondays to see 7 bundles of 10s (so two from each change order) that clearly haven't been touched all day.

Craven

HSC
That is why I edit change orders now, lol. How is my form today.... I couldn't be bothered opening a $1 coin bulk for 1 roll, so I just edited it out, lol!

And on weekdays we do our morning change (they order it when they put the tills in) and if anyone orders change at lunch time we will do an afternoon run, usually. Sometimes we don't.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
We don't even have an Officer cashier past 1pm here (10 am on Sundays) lol. Any change orders or pick ups after that time are the responsibility of the Duty manager.

Harry778

HSC
Remember that old smokeshop vest we once talked about. well I finally saw a pic today...in my macroeconomics book. lol. made me think of you Harry :)

Otacon, I won't get exam leave this semester either. I'm about last on the priority list due to Year 12 exams and two teaching pracs.
Lol! They're mega gay. Last christmas my CSM was like 'here wear these' and I was thinking...why? lol . Someone told me that smoke shop attendants will get to wear a blue vest thats exactly the same as the supervisor one...dunno how long that will take. Probably never cos that was a while ago. And fairly sure they're getting rid of the vests anyway??

Bali!!!!!! Will take photos and share with you all =D So totally cant wait. Leaving on sunday!!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
god, i wish we had night office people, we only get 1 change order a day, 2 if we're lucky.

and YAAAAAY, had to cut front end roster from 306 hours to 276 hours because of new store opening next week. and i'll be slaving away at my store all week, whilst some of my staff go off to to bludgy "store greeter" shifts at the new store

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)