My answers (not including long response) (1 Viewer)

M@ster P

HSC
umm 24b?

I got m between 1 and 3, because directly proportional means it is a straight line, and a straight line occurs between 1 and 3

Edit: when i think about it know directly proportional could mean anything, y = x^3, x^4 not just y =x, so not sure now

Last edited:

Macdwg

Professional Mad Lad
HSC
I'm going to say that the magnet question is open to interpretation, it really depends on the distance between the magnet and the wire, which we aren't given, and hence from this you are unable to assume that the field lines are acting horizontally like moke is suggesting, nor are you able to assume that its far enough for the field lines to pull back in the direction of the south pole. My guess is that you probably should assume they are acting horizontally to the right, however it's arguable.

Hence why this question sucks penis, the end.

Ruptured

HSC
umm 24b?

I got m between 1 and 3, because directly proportional means it is a straight line, and a straight line occurs between 1 and 3

Edit: when i think about it know directly proportional could mean anything, y = x^3, x^4 not just y =x, so not sure now
Directly propertional is where the ratio between the two values is constant. So just a straight line of any gradient

darkchild69

Nanotechnologist
HSC
umm 24b?

Directly proportional means y = kx where k is a constant of proportionality, hence plotting y vs x will be a straight line.

not y = kx^2 (this means y is directly proportional to x^2, not x. If you plot y vs x in this form, it will not be a straight line, hence not directly proportional)

mass should be between around 1.3-3

It is definately not 1-3, it begins after 1

M@ster P

HSC
Directly proportional means y = kx where k is a constant of proportionality, hence plotting y vs x will be a straight line.

not y = kx^2 (this means y is directly proportional to x^2, not x. If you plot y vs x in this form, it will not be a straight line, hence not directly proportional)

sigh, wasn't accurate enough

youngminii

Banned
HSC

1.3 - 3?
It was straight from 0 - 1.3, then became all wavy from 1.3 - 3.. Unless I remember wrong? Damn

darkchild69

Nanotechnologist
HSC
1.3 - 3?
It was straight from 0 - 1.3, then became all wavy from 1.3 - 3.. Unless I remember wrong? Damn
Shit yeah, i think you are right actually!

Damn paper is upstairs now, cbf checking, but im pretty sure you are right

Ruptured

HSC
Shit yeah, i think you are right actually!

Damn paper is upstairs now, cbf checking, but im pretty sure you are right
Glad to hear that because I was thinking a minute ago that I could've sworn it was 0-1.3

darkchild69

Nanotechnologist
HSC
LoL

I REALLY need to read the questions before I answer

I'm meant to know this stuff!

I just checked the paper and yep, definately 0-1.3 :D

fallingstar

HSC
Also, anyone who got A=34.5 is wrong and made this mistake.
I x I does not = 2I, it equals I squared. Therefore your answers were 69/2 = 34.5A when they should have been root 69 = 8.3A
dammit i did this! I'm an idiot, why can't I do basic math?!?!?
argh

tommowhit

HSC
thas a conventinal current

n normal electric current (electron flow) they travel from negative to positive
u use the right hand in the right hand palm rule for convenionl current if ur going 2 use electron flow u still use direction of positive charge or use left hand

whitnall8

HSC
We always deal in conventional current though, not in the flow of electrons.

tashisthebest

HSC
umm no you still uses your right hand rule for a electric current

all the past papers n question i have done i have used the right hand rule n i have been right.

i have been taught this by ma teacher n my tutor.

so im sure about this

random-1005

Banned
HSC
i did both to be sure!

I was almost ready to write on the paper: Thanks for giving us engineering students an unfair advantage!
But they look noting like conventional stress/strain curves!
they practically held your hand with that rubber band question.

lol, the questions people are asking, you are all shit, why did u even do physics, just roll over and die noobs

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)