Is Islam the most dangerous Ideology in the History of mankind?? (2 Viewers)

Is Islam the most dangerous Ideology in the History of mankind???

• Yes. By a long shot as well

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Yes. Only just

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • NO WAY! Islam = Peace

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 18 36.7%

• Total voters

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
You're measuring the level an ideology is dangerous to the amount of harm or injury per capita. In that case, I'd say the order you just gave would go Capitalism, Communism, Nazism, Religion in general, including Islam, or if we want for the purpose of this troll thread, on its own and then Zionism.
Well how else if at all would one measure the danger of an ideology if not relatively? An example would be the cultism, such as that of Charles Manson. It had a relatively small following, but caused a great amount of danger per capita as compared to other ideologies. It would thus be considered dangerous. Similarly Wahhabists would be considered dangerous. As a whole Islam (especially when you take into account it's long history) has been harmless.

Anyway, the similarity with all of them is that they all are potentially good ideologies which have been misinterpreted by few or many to negative effect.
Nazism is a potentially good ideology which has been misinterpreted?
How about Zionism? (A land without a people for a people without a land... except, there were people there)

I'd rather not get into capitalism as it does have it's own merits. But you see my point right?

Oobadoo

HSC
Any ideology that is held irrefutably is dangerous, as no matter what evidence is presented one who holds such an ideology will never waver. There are those of such ideologies in all beleif systems, religious or not. Only an ideology that imposes itself over others, that indoctrinates, represses, and stunts intelectual inquiry is truely dangerous, and admittedly, some factions of Islam do fit the above. However, so do many other religions; Christians and the "Flat-world", "Creation" and "burn the witches" thing; Islam and the "kill the gays" and "Our religion is better than yours" thing, Orthodox Jews and the "must not work on Sunday" thing (and those Christians who think the world is only 3000 years old).
Anyway, I could go ranting on but I hate reading long threads so I'll spare you! :p

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
lol Islam is fine imo. sure its got its problems, and many people question what muslims do in the name of allah, but really, what religion doesnt have its problems? just look at christianity, priests feeling up little boys.
Yeah thats not good, but its hardly core to the christian faith and the majority of preists didnt do it. Even though the church shouldnt have covered it up so much, i imagine they dont condone it.

This is totally oposite to islam, which seem to condone various types of barbaric behaviour, making war on non muslims, converting at sword point, raping 8yr old girls etc

Most religions are pretty bad, Islam just happens to be one of the worst.

ibbi00

HSC
OP: The voting results suggest otherwise. No offence, but kindly STFU.

Freestyler94

HSC
Why is it that the Israelis and Jews always post anti-muslin threads on bos?
No-one really cares what you guys think, so if u want to spread the hatred of islam go somehwere else.

Sprangler

HSC
Why is it that the Israelis and Jews always post anti-muslin threads on bos?
No-one really cares what you guys think, so if u want to spread the hatred of islam go somehwere else.
Looking at the amount of replies and hilarious debate they generate, I would beg to differ.

And protip: I think there's like one real jew on BoS and no Israelis. Hatred of Islamic terrorism isn't unique to just those circles.

K

khorne

Not that islamic nations are exactly peaceful, but the US has pulled some major shit over there under the guise of fighting terror, etc, so one could argue that Christianity/capitalism/military control etc are some of the worst, if "deaths per capita" is all you care about.

It would be better to assess contributions pos/neg

HSC
N/A
Looking at the amount of replies and hilarious debate they generate, I would beg to differ.

And protip: I think there's like one real jew on BoS and no Israelis. Hatred of Islamic terrorism isn't unique to just those circles.
I have dual citizenship.
But I love Israel moar!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)