Math Ex2 aligning? (1 Viewer)

Dx_God

HSC
just got my results back and only got 93 for math ex 2. i was expecting 95+ because i only missed out 9 marks worth of questions and i did it with my comfortable pace (pretty slow for maximum accuracy). i'm normally pretty accurate under such conditions so i'm expecting around 100ish/120 which should be much more than 93. i'm just wondering what is the approximate raw mark for a 93, since i'm thinking of a remark. all help will be appreciated. thanks

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Math Ex2 scaling?

I definitely got 73-81 in the exam and ended with external mark of 93 so E4 cut is very low this yr

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
It also depends on the marking scheme.

For example, for general solutions (I know, which wasn't examined this year, but just an analogy), if you don't write "where n is any integer" or something that qualifies the value of n, then you could lose a mark etc.

Dx_God

HSC
Re: Math Ex2 scaling?

I definitely got 73-81 in the exam and ended with external mark of 93 so E4 cut is very low this yr
wow 73-81? then they definitely marked my paper wrong. i don't think it's possible for me to drop more than 20 marks in this exam because it was a fairly easy exam

Dx_God

HSC
It also depends on the marking scheme.

For example, for general solutions (I know, which wasn't examined this year, but just an analogy), if you don't write "where n is any integer" or something that qualifies the value of n, then you could lose a mark etc.
i'm normally very careful with those kind of things. i don't think i dropped any mark because of that.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Thought I did uber shit (>50%) and got 91 examination mark so it probably aligned really low.

Dx_God

HSC
-.- i want my paper back... o well unless if i get some atar under than 95, then i'll probably stick with my crappy 93 which is annoying the absolute hell out of me. thanks for your responses since i know that they've probably marked my paper wrong now.

Last edited:

Dx_God

HSC
as long as i get into commerce at unsw, i'm happy with my mark since marks do nothing other than granting you an entry to uni

boganxcore

HSC
93 isnt crappy? jesus christ why do 'intelligent' people always lack common sense!? :/

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
just got my results back and only got 93 for math ex 2. i was expecting 95+ because i only missed out 9 marks worth of questions and i did it with my comfortable pace (pretty slow for maximum accuracy). i'm normally pretty accurate under such conditions so i'm expecting around 100ish/120 which should be much more than 93. i'm just wondering what is the approximate raw mark for a 93, since i'm thinking of a remark. all help will be appreciated. thanks

There is still a good chance that you may have made lots of silly mistakes in the exam on answers that you perceived would earn full marks even in retrospect of the exam.
I was in similar situation to you where my Ext2 mark was much lower than I expected.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
I thought I got around 70 +- 5 aligned (if I was lucky and made little mistakes). My exam mark was exactly 90.

Hence, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that was where the cutoff was.

toumas

HSC
I got 93% as my final HSC mark for Ext 2 Maths and i marked my paper using Terri Lee's answers the day of the exam and i think i shouldve got around 96/120.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)