• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (3 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Do you refute it?

Do you think it is impossible for humans to experience unconditional love to one-another, for people to be together without having sex?

o_O
No. I think it's extremely unlikely that any meaningful romantic relationship ("unconditional love", however cliche the statement) could last without sex, though, and only under extreme circumstances (i.e. disablement/disfigurement). Humans are sexual creatures. Hormones that create and cement emotional bonds are produced during sex.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
No. I think it's extremely unlikely that any meaningful romantic relationship ("unconditional love", however cliche the statement) could last without sex, though, and only under extreme circumstances (i.e. disablement/disfigurement). Humans are sexual creatures. Hormones that create and cement emotional bonds are produced during sex.
Yes, i agree. God also shouldn't have invented the erection.

Another flaw in god's great plan.

Name_Taken

HSC
then tell that to every couple then. your statement would probably be true in an asexual relationship.

also, god shouldn't invented the orgasm
Stop acting as if Gods law only requires sacrifice from you. I do believe it should be considered with every couple, heterosexual or homosexual.

I oppose the pre-marital sex movement in society as much as I do homosexuality... I thought you would have understood this by now, considering we have been argueing for like 50 pages now. Do you read any of my posts?!

There is nothing wrong with orgasm itself, or the experiencing of it, its only when it is done for a purpose and in a context that God did not intend or even explicitally forbade his follows from participating in that it becomes a bad thing. The problem is not God's gift to us, but how we abuse them.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
There is nothing wrong with orgasm itself, or the experiencing of it, its only when it is done for a purpose and in a context that God did not intend or even explicitally forbade his follows from participating in that it becomes a bad thing. The problem is not God's gift to us, but how we abuse them.
Well most couples are only likely to experience it 1-3 times then under god's rule right?

Name_Taken

HSC
Well most couples are only likely to experience it 1-3 times then under god's rule right?
The chances of pregnancy occuring everytime a couple has "unprotected" sex is only about 3%-5%, so it's not like everytime a couple has sex that the women will fall pregnant.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
The chances of pregnancy occuring everytime a couple has "unprotected" sex is only about 3%-5%, so it's not like everytime a couple has sex that the women will fall pregnant.
wtf? really? I didn't know that. i wonder what are the chances of someone getting pregnant, WITH a condom, them the condom broke. must be like 0.0000001% but hey, the chances are still there right? and a female and still fall pregnant from pre-ejaculatory fluid as well right?

and are you implying that everytime a couple do it, they should risk getting pregnant?

Name_Taken

HSC
wtf? really? I didn't know that. i wonder what are the chances of someone getting pregnant, WITH a condom, them the condom broke. must be like 0.0000001% but hey, the chances are still there right? and a female and still fall pregnant from pre-ejaculatory fluid as well right?

and are you implying that everytime a couple do it, they should risk getting pregnant?
Only if the blessing of being given a child could be percieved somehow as a "risk".

Name_Taken

HSC
not everyone can financially support a litter.
So saving the money they would be otherwise be spending on supporting their lifestyle is somehow more important to them and better spent than if they were caring for their child?

What if your parents took this attitude? What if you were aborted/killed during gestation, so your parents can spend the money on fast cars or expensive clothes?

Even if you cannot financially support your child (which you should have seriously considered before you even had sex, the aim of which biologically is to procure children, not give pleasure) there are other options. If you play with fire, you're going to get burnt.

There are government programs to support people trying to care for a child. You can ask if your parents will help you support the child (some people's parents could and would be willing to help). Even if you're circumstances are dire, the baby can always be given up to adoption. Tragic, but preferable than abortion and at least it gives the child the fair shot at life which it deserves. Do you agree?

Last edited:

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
So saving the money they would be otherwise be spending on supporting their lifestyle is somehow more important to them and better spent than if they were caring for their child?

What if your parents took this attitude? What if you were aborted/killed during gestation, so your parents can spend the money on fast cars or expensive clothes?

Even if you cannot financially support your child (which you should have seriously considered before you even had sex, the aim of which biologically is to procure children, not give pleasure) there are other options. If you play with fire, you're going to get burnt.

There are government programs to support people trying to care for a child. You can ask if your parents will help you support the child (some people's parents could and would be willing to help). Even if you're circumstances are dire, the baby can always be given up to adoption. Tragic, but preferable than abortion and at least it gives the child the fair shot at life which it deserves. Do you agree?
disgusting.

i grow tired of your pathetic excuse of argument.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I was a surprise!baby, conceived only three months after my sister was born. I was almost aborted for that reason, because we were floundering and living in a cockroach-infested flat in Hong Kong while my dad struggled to pay off the debts his company had saddled him with (gotta love CEOs who vanish overseas). Clearly I wasn't aborted and I'm rather happy about that, but it's stupid and insensitive of you to make comments like that when you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that premarital sex is a sin. Until you can point to the chapter and verse where it does, explicitly, I will laugh in your face.

Name_Taken

HSC
Clearly I wasn't aborted and I'm rather happy about that, but it's stupid and insensitive of you to make comments like that when you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
One hardly has to have sex to appreciate the beauty of life and the works of the Creator.

I could argue that since you have (presumably) not fallen pregnant and given birth that you don't know what you're talking about either. (Or were you talking about living in the situation without much money, you were not clear).

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I could argue that since you have (presumably) not fallen pregnant and given birth that you don't know what you're talking about either. (Or were you talking about living in the situation without much money, you were not clear).
You brought it up, dear. I have no claim to knowing what it's like to have a kid, therefore I don't judge my mother for her almost decision to abort me.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Do you have any sense of morality at all? :cry:
Yes, just different to yours.

Then either refute it or admit its merits, but stop wasting my time with statements such as this which add nothing to the discussion.
I tire of it. You are no nearer to convincing me and allowing me to empathise with your convictions than I am.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Wow nametaken is shaping up to be a bona-fide believer and not a spooky troll
Worthy of the Iron legacy my fren

Name_Taken

HSC
I tire of it. You are no nearer to convincing me and allowing me to empathise with your convictions than I am.
Internet discussions never convert anyone.

The best they acheive is to promote the appreciation of alternative views on a topic.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Probably cop a infraction, but jesus christ, Name_taken should learn NOT EVERYONE follows his religion, so fuck off with the "God says its bad so its bad" BS. Its overly zealous bible bashers like yourself who make religious entities look bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)