• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

For those who believe that homosexuality is genetic (1 Viewer)

Name_Taken

HSC
You are just as much an insignificant piece of cosmic dust in an endless universe as I am, but at least I can understand that.
Then how do you know you are right and other bits of dust are wrong?

More importantly, considering we're all dust anyway, why do we even care, or bother?

Why does something as seemingly abstract as morality or guilt even affect you?

When you die, thats the end, there are no consequences for your behaviour in this life, why don't you just do whatever you want?

It must be hard, when you know that fate has landed you in a position which you know you don't deserve, but you have nobody to thank.

I can't empathesise with you at the lonliness you must feel.

Name_Taken

HSC
That's sorta just because you deserve it.
Really?

Considering I'd say that while some may find aspects of my posts hurtful, they are not intended to be as such, and I try and avoid personal attacks of anysort, I would say that they were rather unmerited.

Durga

HSC
So your rights can change?

One day, you have the right to, lets say, ...life, the next day the majority of the population desides for a totally arbitrary reason that you don't, and this right is revoked?

Wait, if it is a right, how can it be revoked in the first place? That sounds more like a privledge.
We as a community decide our rights. Your God does not decide our rights. One day murder may be commonly accepted, but that would be the choice of that society.

In that example yes it would.

But it can't be a right, if its not in law, if as you say rights come from the law and can be revoked at any time, so no rights are actually being infringed...
I was trying to interchange some of my words into a quote of yours. I hope you got the meaning instead of just reading it literally.

So... if the majority of society say tomorrow became fundamentalist, literalist Christian, and started stoning gays on the streets, this is perfect acceptable?

Gays have lost the right to life, and killing them would be perfectly acceptable, even a righteous thing to do.
It would not be perfectly acceptable unless you were a fundamentalist, literal Christian.

Except I don't agree with him.
But you were attempting to discredit Scorch for reprimanding him.

No I am not. I have never supported the notion of outlawing homosexual unions. Refusing to accept them as equal to marriage and putting them on the marriage register, is not the same as refusing to accept them.

They are offered legal protection as de facto couples anyway.
When I say marry, I mean a union that is exactly as what heterosexual marriages are now.

have though, and a lot of it, in the homosexuality thread.

Please just research it yourself though. Its not a secret or anything that gays are overrepresented in every STI infection rate when compared to heterosexuals or are more promiscious etc etc etc.
Once again, I state that evidence is needed from a peer reviewed scientific journal. And if you have this type of evidence, and have already posted it, then it is quite easy for you to find and link it again. Well, that's not entirely true. The religious seem to largely ignore the existence of the lesbian at all. If these tests you cite are credible, you will see that lesbians have less of a chance of STI infection than any heterosexual union.

What liberties are being denied here?

Soceity (as in ours and every other one in history) has never allowed individuals to marry whomever they want.

Nor has it allowed any union of two (or more people) the ability to care for children, especially those who are not the child of members of the union itself.

Gay people can marry (both in the private sense and public/civil marriage sense). They can also adopt children.

The law doesn't state, every Australian can marry aside form those who are attracted to the same sex, in which case they can't etc etc.

Instead it says, every Australian can marry. The definition of marriage is X.

This is not descrimination at all >.>
The liberties for homosexuals to marry each other and be recognised on par with a heterosexual marriage.

Before the suffragette movement, society did not allow woman to vote. Progression is usually into unexplored territory, although you seem to keep looking at the past for answers...it's not there.

The definition of marriage can be changed to include homosexual unions.

Scorch

HSC
Then how do you know you are right and other bits of dust are wrong?

More importantly, considering we're all dust anyway, why do we even care, or bother?

Why does something as seemingly abstract as morality or guilt even affect you?

When you die, thats the end, there are no consequences for your behaviour in this life, why don't you just do whatever you want?

It must be hard, when you know that fate has landed you in a position which you know you don't deserve, but you have nobody to thank.

I can't empathesise with you at the lonliness you must feel.
I know what I can prove and what you can't prove.

Being such a piece of cosmic dust, I don't concern myself with selfish fairytales of second lives or vicarious sacrifice, and thus this life, as unexplained as its origins are, holds a much more ultimate importance to me.

I would much rather be informed and lonely than blissfully happy in ignorance. That being said I don't believe that because there is no fairytale to comfort me that my existence is lonely. It is a far more poetic thing to understand that out of all the billions of possible lives that were not lived, I am one of the lucky ones that is allowed to live mine.

It is a far more touching and poetic reality than explaining everything with a totalitarian deity.

Really?

Considering I'd say that while some may find aspects of my posts hurtful, they are not intended to be as such, and I try and avoid personal attacks of anysort, I would say that they were rather unmerited.
I was being facetious, mate. I don't honestly take the opinions of people on the internet that seriously.

Durga said:
One day murder may be commonly accepted, but that would be the choice of that society.
Well they would have no difficulty finding justification in the Bible for that one, either.

Last edited:

Durga

HSC
Shut the hell up, Go finish that FAIL Arts degree LOL, where the hell is that going to take u?
I know the full 3 letters that form the word 'you' are hard to type out, because you are so pressed for time, but it would be appreciated if you could in future.

Name_Taken

HSC
You're a fucking idiot. There genuinely is no other response to this. You don't understand anything to do with this subject. At all.
Besides this ad hominem (which you later complained about when some other random gave you similar crap) you havn't actually explained why they are equal (besides the fact that they're 2 people involved, but I've already refuted that.

They should ignore them because they're not based on any scientific evidence or proper understanding of reality and involve pushing their morality on a bunch of harmless people that don't affect them in the slightest simply because they're bigoted, intolerant assholes.

There is no crime against nature involved. There is no danger. There is no health risk. There is no obvious purpose as we have evolved without the influence of a higher power. There is no abuse.

There are no obscene health risks and it is only perverse in the eyes of your bigoted church. End of story.
Ignoring the additional personal attacks, in this post, I would have to say that you are just plain wrong.

Repeated studies have shown that homosexuality is linked with, promiscuity, STIs (not just AIDS, but the works), mental illness, abuse of drugs, domestic violence (even in countries where homosexual marriage is tolerated) and abuse of children.

I suppose you're going to be a bum, not take my work and ask for links as well?

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Ignoring the additional personal attacks, in this post, I would have to say that you are just plain wrong.

Repeated studies have shown that homosexuality is linked with, promiscuity, STIs (not just AIDS, but the works), mental illness, abuse of drugs, domestic violence (even in countries where homosexual marriage is tolerated) and abuse of children.

i think believe (IF WHAT YOU SAY IS TRUE, WHICH IT ISN'T) that they are end result for someone who is constantly oppressed and discrimated against.

oh, and do you have any links to back your statement?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I'm tired of this argument whetehr homosexuality is right or wrong or what not.

All I know is, recent friend of mine had a huge quarrel with her girlfriends family which caused intense fuckin pain for both parties.

All this due to peoples inability to accept LOVE for what it is, LOVE. Between who it does not matter, as long as the love is there and it's real, who the fuck gives you the right to say what they're doing is morally wrong?

As hypocritical as it sounds, all you homosexual-haters can fuck off, they're no less human beings for their sexual preference.

Scorch

HSC
Besides this ad hominem (which you later complained about when some other random gave you similar crap) you havn't actually explained why they are equal (besides the fact that they're 2 people involved, but I've already refuted that.
I didn't complain, I simply retaliated. Mature people can express frankly and openly without running to mommy when insulted.

You ask for reasoning as to why they are equal, and while this has already been given, you aren't exactly asking the question correctly. It is clear that you are trying to find evidence that homosexual and heterosexual relationships are the same thing, which they are not. Your idea of equality is based on such nonsense that homosexual relationships are useless as they do not produce offspring and the state should not want to encourage such promiscuity and immorality.

The question has been answered but in your mind it remains unanswered as the spirit with which you have asked it differs from the reality of the situation.

Yes, I will. Mainly because this is psuedo-science conducted by people with radically pre-conceived notions in an unscientific manner if they could ever publish a study in any peer-review environment saying such things. It would be utter nonsense and rubbish.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
I'm tired of this argument whetehr homosexuality is right or wrong or what not.

All I know is, recent friend of mine had a huge quarrel with her girlfriends family which caused intense fuckin pain for both parties.

All this due to peoples inability to accept LOVE for what it is, LOVE. Between who it does not matter, as long as the love is there and it's real, who the fuck gives you the right to say what they're doing is morally wrong?

As hypocritical as it sounds, all you homosexual-haters can fuck off, they're no less human beings for their sexual preference.
call me:rolleyes:

HSC
No one can be bothered reading your CRAP!!, seriously shut the hell up and get a life, instead of getting picked on by everyone. Your just sitting at home defending Gays, you are useless shut up.
lol m8

go fuck yourself you useless cun
I would fucking end you you piece of shit

homosexuality is proven by science to be natural

are you arguing with science

boganxcore

HSC
Lol FUCK

homosexuality is natural you moronic ~fucks~
yea its makes them naturally inferior

you see, homosexuals are inferior due to natural selection
they cant procreate, thus they are wiped from the gene pool
its a win win for everybody ~yeewwwww~!~~!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)