the pill (1 Viewer)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Anyone else been on Microgynon 20 ED? (I am NOT going through 40 pages to find out ok)

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
A little off-topic, but does anyone thinks its necessary to tell your parents that you're on the pill?
I'm not on the pill, but just hypothetically speaking, I think that they'd kick up a stink if I did tell them.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
A little off-topic, but does anyone thinks its necessary to tell your parents that you're on the pill?
I'm not on the pill, but just hypothetically speaking, I think that they'd kick up a stink if I did tell them.
I didn't tell mum, I don't see a point.
(I'm on it to stop irregularity, lighten the period as I'm anaemic, lessen PMS and lessen pain.)

SSRabbitohs2009

HSC
I didn't tell mum, I don't see a point.
(I'm on it to stop irregularity, lighten the period as I'm anaemic, lessen PMS and lessen pain.)
I can picture my stepmother and father waving their arms around like those inflatable dolls outside car dealerships...but they're not smiling.
So I'm glad someone else doesn't think its necessary to tell :)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Just a quick question regarding the pill, my girlfriend recently started on levlen ED about a week after her period started and she began with the active pills. How long shold we refrain from sex without a condom before we are as protected as possible from pregnancy?

thanks in advance
I second Riet, I waited a month just to be sure it took properly. It says a week but some people find its not strong enough and you'd rather not find out the hard way right?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I can picture my stepmother and father waving their arms around like those inflatable dolls outside car dealerships...but they're not smiling.
Lol, my mum would be something like that :p

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Get yourself a medicare card and they won't have access to the information. If you're over 16 you have a right to medical privacy and your parents, though if you tell them can get annoyed, can't do anything.

I see you're a uni student (I want to go to USYD next year :D) so there are probably clinics for students both on campus and with agencies such as planned parenthood which can help you nearby.

I used it for PMT and anaemia.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
My mum always knew I was on the pill for my ex, and when I started up with my current boyfriend she asked quite early on if I'd been to the doctor yet.

And as soon as my little sister gets a boyfriend I'm taking her to the GP haha.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
My mum always knew I was on the pill for my ex, and when I started up with my current boyfriend she asked quite early on if I'd been to the doctor yet.

And as soon as my little sister gets a boyfriend I'm taking her to the GP haha.
You're a responsible sister :)

SSRabbitohs2009

HSC
My parents just asked me whether I was on the pill.
I went off at them. I was very muchly mad.

I'm thinking I should go on it just to piss them off -.-'
Can you buy it over the counter or have to go to a GP first?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
My parents just asked me whether I was on the pill.
I went off at them. I was very muchly mad.

I'm thinking I should go on it just to piss them off -.-'
Can you buy it over the counter or have to go to a GP first?
Like scarybunny said, you have to go to a GP & get a prescription.... but it's easy enough to obtain one (so long as you don't get all weird about talking to your GP or whatnot).

SSRabbitohs2009

HSC
Gosh, I honestly never thought it would happen, but I got ze Pill today. I got Yasmin.
But now I have a question (that has undoubtedly been asked before in this thread, but cbf read 11 pages [yes, I'm that lazy])
Say I get my period on a Thursday, I obviously start taking the 'Thursday' pill in the coloured section. BUT, my question is, since that that green section finishes on a Friday, do I go back and take 'Saturday' pill and so on in the green section?

Edit: hokay, lemme try and rephrase-- must I take all 7 of those tablets in the coloured section of the packet before I proceed to the rest of the packet? (And then the sugar pills when I've got my period).

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
No, you just keep going as the arrows tell you. So when you start, you might only have a couple of white pills before starting the active ones again.

SSRabbitohs2009

HSC
No, you just keep going as the arrows tell you. So when you start, you might only have a couple of white pills before starting the active ones again.
orly? cool. Thanks for setting the record straight :)

Wait, I'm sorry, the GP said take the sugar (in my case, white) pills when I get my period, but the instruction booklet start in the green section when you get you're period?? (Gosh, I don't know how I have been so grossly misinformed :/ )

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
When you first start the Pill, you start on the first day of your period and take the active tablets from the green section. Then you follow the arrows around taking all the active tablets until the last row which should be sugar tablets. If you take the row of sugar tablets you *should* get a withdrawal bleed ("period") although it can take a couple of months to balance out.

If you want to skip your period you throw away the sugar pills and start taking the active tablets from the next pack straight away.

At least this is how I've always done things and it seems to work pretty well.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah, cosmic doris is right. You start in the green section, and then just follow the arrows.

(I forgot that the green section is active pills. But yeah, same directions stand.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)