What is double spacing? (1 Viewer)

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Is double spacing leaving two spaces after each fullstop or leaving two spaces between each word?

Thanks.

X

xeuyrawp

Is double spacing leaving two spaces after each fullstop or leaving two spaces between each word?

Thanks.
It's generally leaving an extra space between lines, ie so the marker can write between them. If you google it, you'll see how to turn it on for whatever word processor you have.

Andi0390

HSC
If you have been asked to do double line spacing in your unit outline or something it generally means (as the above person said) extra spacing between lines.

The easiest way to do this is to write your essay, highlight it all, go into Format/Paragraph and select double line spacing. Its pretty much the standard way to submit essays I believe.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
For the first section of marking criteria the limits are : double spaced,numbered pages and 4 pages maximum.

What if I dont double space it and have it under 4 pages.

According to the criteria ill only lose one mark since one of the rules hasnt been followed not two.
Make sense?

moc2009

HSC
N/A
Just go onto Microsoft word, go to the page layout section, then to the paragraph section and just set it at double spacing.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Decrease margins if you want to write more (unless there's a rule on margins).

Shoom

HSC
N/A
5.5cm margins and the problem is my report wont fit in 4 pages.

unless its like this and the b braunii has these favourable conditions ph 7, co2%v/v. d conditions were simlar then add 20 citations between each sentence>_>

unless thats what they want in science

bio_nut

HSC
You shouldn't need a citation for every single sentence. Anyway, it's only a surname or two in brackets.

And if it's for bio, they're very strict about keeping within the page/word limit. As you go further in science they may highly penalise you, in one of my subjects, go over and they won't read past the limit and you lose 10%.

bio_nut

HSC
If you're above the limit, shorten it. Cut out the crap.

That's why I love scientific reports, I never had enough words in arts as I was too concise, had to pad it out with bullshit (and still got awesome marks, ahaha it's a rubbish area of study sometimes). In science you're rewarded for being concise. Don't waffle.

bio_nut

HSC
For the first section of marking criteria the limits are : double spaced,numbered pages and 4 pages maximum.

What if I dont double space it and have it under 4 pages.

According to the criteria ill only lose one mark since one of the rules hasnt been followed not two.
Make sense?
You often lose ALL of the formatting points for not following one of those things, as they're so simple, not just one mark. People did last year in bio, lol.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Ok,ill cut heaps of shit out and see if it still makes sense.

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
double spacing: when you leave a two finger gap between each word

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)