• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

We made a mistake with Rudd, didn't we? (1 Viewer)

Do you wish Howard had won the last election?

• Yes. Howard was the man we need for the time.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
its so simple that you dont need to say, so why have such an abreviation? everyone knows whether its 1 on 1 or more. so shutup, pick your head up from the pile of drool under your monitor.
Because you seem to have no fucking IDEA as how the filter works and how it will effect everyone's lives.

Lauchlan

HSC
Both health policy and education revolution are another addition of Rudd's failures
i'll hazard a guess that perhaps you people are liberal voters and don't like Rudd, therefore object to everything he does? lol

how about we hear some criticism about John Howard. he seems to be glorified in this thread. howard was far from perfect.

liberal agreed to having a health policy reform during howards long term of over a decade. they wanted much more national control than Rudd is suggesting - so theres a contradiction, eat that you people who are afraid of communism... its all parties that have policies that can be accused like that. but tony abbott's excuse was 'i was going to do it just before kevin came in office then i couldnt'. now they oppose it saying that it wont work, and a good policy will need local boards full of "professionals"... wth and he hasn't even released an alternative policy to compare anyway.

btw everyone the liberal party is taking advice from howard and has been since he was out of office... -_-

and in education policy, describe these so-called fails. the laptops are criticised for coming late, but at least they are coming for everyone by 2013 - my school already has them. tony abbott goes on about school hall rip-offs in a couple of random places throughout the country... wow... and the new curriculum has been criticised by new south wales as 'we dont want a good curriculum made worse'... which is fair enough but it will help states like queensland ect. and from what ive seen in the K-10 curriculum is very good... it wont be a step down for the core yr. 7-10 by any means.
year 11-12 should be released soon too.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
The issue with the national curriculum is that they're trying to bring every other state up to NSW standards. (So I've been told) At the same time, they're pulling the NSW curriculum down to match theirs. Those of us in NSW are doing just friggin' fine without a "national curriculum". We're also fine without national tests that will lead to kids only learning how to do tests in school, instead of actually learning about anything valuable. They'll be completely fucked up for university. The only thing NSW needs to fix is the way the School Certificate and the ATAR are determined. Just give kids the fucking marks they get, none of this ridiculous scaling-based-on-cohort bullshit.

And not everyone posting are liberal supporters. I'm certainly not. It's just the utter, downright CRAP that Rudd's government has been putting out recently definitely warrants criticism.

musicstudent

HSC
howard was the greatest prime minister australia has seen. the previous labour government threw away out money, in the aim to stimulate our economy, but just gave us massive amounts of international debt. this meant that a % of our GDP has to go to pay off this massive debt and thus not being spent to improve our economy. when the howard government came in they went to reverse what the labor government had done. he got out unemployment to a 34 yr low, payed off our foreign debt, and even had money saved. his policies on boat people were harsh but effective.
kevin rudd comes in, spends the reseve money saved by howard and creates another foreign debt by giving everyone $900 which did nothing to protect us from the GFC. he should have used that money in industries such as health so it would have had a long term effect. unemployment has risen because of this. also his weak stance on boat people has seen an influx of refugees illegaly trying to enter australia.

kevin rudd just tries to smooth talk every question and just tries to be eye candy. (does a bad job at that). he has no clue what the hell he's doing. howard saved australia from the previous labor government, and the next liberal pm will have to do the same.

Grape juice

HSC
The issue with the national curriculum is that they're trying to bring every other state up to NSW standards. (So I've been told) At the same time, they're pulling the NSW curriculum down to match theirs. Those of us in NSW are doing just friggin' fine without a "national curriculum". We're also fine without national tests that will lead to kids only learning how to do tests in school, instead of actually learning about anything valuable. They'll be completely fucked up for university. The only thing NSW needs to fix is the way the School Certificate and the ATAR are determined. Just give kids the fucking marks they get, none of this ridiculous scaling-based-on-cohort bullshit.

And not everyone posting are liberal supporters. I'm certainly not. It's just the utter, downright CRAP that Rudd's government has been putting out recently definitely warrants criticism.
m8, you deserve my rep so badly.

+1

Lauchlan

HSC

I don't agree with every one of Rudd's policies. But I think that we need an education and health reform, all the same. I know you're not all liberal supporters, but looking at the pathetic claims of "Howard glory days" and "I love you Howard" :p ect. ect. (on the first post) ... I come to a conclusion that this thread is all about tearing down Rudd. Give him a break, as I said he is trying to give good education and healthcare to a majority of Australians. Howard did not act effectively in those areas, with all due respect. You can give me all this crap about saying 'dont fix whats not broken' ect. but the reality is that healthcare and education in australia have massive holes and inconsistancies in them that need to be addressed asap. Rudd is attempting to address them, theres ups and downs to his policies but at least he is doing something. Full stop.

To an extent I agree with you on the national curriculum. My view would be different if I actually had to learn it. But since I finish as one of the last NSW curriculum cohorts I think it deserves a chance be trialed in various schools. I also strongly agree with you about the School Certificate. For example, because the SC Maths test paper only tests up to 5.1 content, schools (including mine) tend to dumb down year 10 maths and waste time on 5.1 content that could be spent on 5.2 and 5.3 for better preparation. English, Maths and Science are largely skills tests and History/Geography is a little content plus general knowledge.

I just don't get it... NSW structures the curriculum in such a way that isnt really necessary. Year 9 and 10 could offer more choice instead of just a couple of electives. Year 7,8,9 could be the junior years where students meet all mandatory outcomes and senior years could start in year 10 as students choose what they do and span this out for year 11 and 12. Thats just a suggestion i thought of... probaly models the American system...? but there are alternative structures that could work well, which is the point im making.

And i agree there are holes in the ATAR calculation system. There should be a better link between universities and the ATAR.

I've heard 2 stories with the national curriculum. Go on wikipedia and search for Australia's national curriculum and you will see that it says there are plans for a national "HSC" called the Australian Certificate of Education (ACE). The other story contradicts this and is that the states continue with their leaving tests but base it on national content where appropriate. I think the second is what will happen. The new curriculum will not bring out a new structure, which could make it look really strange compared the some states and their other subjects and structure.

Anyways feel free to comment on what ive said about these issues, but please leave Rudd/Howard/any politician out of this. I always conflict with some, but im sure people would agree with me about some things in NSW like the SC, ATAR ect. that are a pain.

Lauchlan

HSC
howard was the greatest prime minister australia has seen. the previous labour government threw away out money, in the aim to stimulate our economy, but just gave us massive amounts of international debt. this meant that a % of our GDP has to go to pay off this massive debt and thus not being spent to improve our economy. when the howard government came in they went to reverse what the labor government had done. he got out unemployment to a 34 yr low, payed off our foreign debt, and even had money saved. his policies on boat people were harsh but effective.
kevin rudd comes in, spends the reseve money saved by howard and creates another foreign debt by giving everyone $900 which did nothing to protect us from the GFC. he should have used that money in industries such as health so it would have had a long term effect. unemployment has risen because of this. also his weak stance on boat people has seen an influx of refugees illegaly trying to enter australia.

kevin rudd just tries to smooth talk every question and just tries to be eye candy. (does a bad job at that). he has no clue what the hell he's doing. howard saved australia from the previous labor government, and the next liberal pm will have to do the same.
when it comes to tony abbott i think you will find that plenty of john howard supporters dont like abbott.

absorber

HSC
I find conservatism disturbing. Don't you people want to move forward?

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Progression for progression's sake is not helpful.

Policy should only be implemented if it will actually benefit the people of the nation. It also shouldn't matter who puts forward the policy. If the Libs put forward something that will be helpful, it shouldn't be opposed. The same goes for Labour, the Greens, and any other party.

Also, what Blastus said.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
@Lauchlan

Health and education are also state government issues. It was not so much Howard's responsibility as it was the STATE GOVERNMENTS' responsibilities to address these issues.

musicstudent

HSC
when it comes to tony abbott i think you will find that plenty of john howard supporters dont like abbott.
they may not like him, but in comparison to kevin rudd tony abbot is a god send.
personally i think for someone to run a country they should be intelligent and knowledgeable. tony abbot did a double bachelor of law and economics from sydney uni, then was a rhodes scholar where he did a double degree in theology and politics from Oxford university. kevin rudd has a arts degree *cough*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)